aquafresh

My rat has normal prolactin and testosterone levels, but suffers from SSRI-induced anorgasmia. Can metergoline help?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

I don't believe this has been addressed in this thread. Does metergoline have the downstream effects on adrenaline as most dopamine agonists, such as caffeine, or is it absent from the ergoline class (specifically metergoline)?

I don't think it raises adrenaline since metergoline is an antagonist at 5-HT1, unlike lisuride and bromocriptine. Not sure if it does anything to catecholamines when taken on its own.
Marked increases in plasma catecholamine concentrations precede hypotension and bradycardia caused by 8-hydroxy-2-(di-n-propylamino) tetralin (8-OH... - PubMed - NCBI

DaveFoster

I don't think it raises adrenaline since metergoline is an antagonist at 5-HT1, unlike lisuride and bromocriptine. Not sure if it does anything to catecholamines when taken on its own.
Marked increases in plasma catecholamine concentrations precede hypotension and bradycardia caused by 8-hydroxy-2-(di-n-propylamino) tetralin (8-OH... - PubMed - NCBI
Thanks for the reply, haidut. I will place an order for some next month; do you think it's safe to take long-term with cyproheptadine? I know they should synergize, but is there anything to be aware of (say blood thinning or similar?)

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the reply, haidut. I will place an order for some next month; do you think it's safe to take long-term with cyproheptadine? I know they should synergize, but is there anything to be aware of (say blood thinning or similar?)

I would use metergoline on its own. They are both non-specific serotonin antagonists and metergoline also has some antihistamine effects.
Can't comment on safety, so please ask a doctor before using.

Last edited:

DaveFoster

I would use metergoline on its own. They are both non-specific serotonin antagonists and metergoline also has some antihistamine effects.
Okay, so maybe platelets could be an issue with this + emodin + aspirin. I'd think there would be obvious physical signs before anything too detrimental, particularly with a very low dosage of metergoline. Thanks for the info.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut would it be possible to make a transdermal 6-methycabergoline as described in the below pubmed article. The methycab would be both 5HT2a and 5HT2b antagonism.

The bulky N6 substituent of cabergoline is responsible for agonism of this drug at 5-hydroxytryptamine 5-HT2A and 5-HT2B receptors and thus is a de... - PubMed - NCBI

I guess you can make it yourself. I don't have much interest in it as it offers nothing beyond what metergoline or even lisuride already do.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut, when do you estimate you will have metergoline back in stock?

We have it in our hands, we just have to make a new batch. So, tomorrow at the latest it should be up for sale again.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Just a quick note - metergoline is back in stock.

PUTFOT

Which one is better for just increasing dopamine lowering serotonin this or lisuride?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Which one is better for just increasing dopamine lowering serotonin this or lisuride?

I already answered in the other thread.

Chris1122

Where would one go about disposing of Metergoline? I find it a bit sketch that so many people are obtaining who most likely aren't trained scientists using it in a laboratory.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Where would one go about disposing of Metergoline? I find it a bit sketch that so many people are obtaining who most likely aren't trained scientists using it in a laboratory.

You mean where do you throw it out? In the sink or toilet would be fine I guess. It's mostly DMSO/ethanol which can be poured into the sewage system.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Are you sure? That sounds a bit sketch as well, all the safety data sheets on Metergoline, as well as most lab chemicals advise highly not to put it down sink or toilets. Not really sure what to do with it so I guess i"ll just keep it for now.

http://datasheets.scbt.com/sc-204079.pdf

That's just what the vendor has to say to cover themselves. If you notice, they have warning on ingestion or exposure to skin even though this chemical is meant to be ingested or applied to skin if used for experiments. The same MSDS is given for pretty much everything else, including things like aspirin and caffeine. Given how low the concentration is, if you dump it in the toilet or sink, by the time it reaches the water treatment plant it would be so diluted as to be undetectable. You don't think people dump their pills or creams or whatnot in the sewage system? What does your note from the pharmacy say on drugs you take, if any? Does it say not to dump in the toilet?

DaveFoster

@haidut Just received my order of metergoline. I take cyproheptadine and I plan to start mirtazapine again. Is there a risk with serotonin syndrome with metergoline and mirtazapine or any other interactions? I would theoretically only try a very low-dose of metergoline, but there shouldn't be any worry of serotonergic effects for metergoline, correct?

chispas

Prolly do more good than harm lol. Worst thing that could happen is undo everyone's brainwashing

Haha. Why not pop out into the garden and see if there isn't the odd serotonergic-looking flower in need of an uplifting supplement?

As I left a rental property recently, I dumped 250g of taurine on some plants. Perhaps they are super amazing now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals