1. 10% Discount At RedLightMan.com For Ray Peat Forum Members!
    Click Here For More Information
    Dismiss Notice

Metergoline - Serotonin Antagonist & Dopamine Agonist For R&D

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, Oct 7, 2016.

1. Iambecomedeath

Iambecomedeath Member

5-HT1D agonists long-term, or 1D antagonists short-term or long-term can help OCD.
    Sumatriptan, 5-HT(1D) receptors and obsessive-compulsive disorder. - PubMed - NCBI
    Treatment of severe, drug resistant obsessive compulsive disorder with the 5HT1D agonist sumatriptan. - PubMed - NCBI
    Recent advances in 5-HT1B/1D receptor antagonists and agonists and their potential therapeutic applications. - PubMed - NCBI

2. biggirlkisss

biggirlkisss Member

what the best anti serotonin drug for ibs tianeptine or mianserinÉ

3. denise

denise Member

That's exactly what I do! I rarely use the forum search anymore.

4. charlie

charlie The Law & Order Admin

5. Iambecomedeath

Iambecomedeath Member

How did I get subscribed to this thread?

6. Chris1122

Chris1122 Member

When will it be in stock again?

7. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Hopefully by this coming Monday. I will post an announcement when it is back in stock.

8. Chris1122

Chris1122 Member

Perfect, thanks.

9. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Metergoline is back in stock. Limited batch, but hopefully in a few weeks we will have enough raw material to not run out that easily.

10. kaybb

kaybb Member

I want to thank you also! I am mostly frustrated and waste so much time searching in this forum. I will try google!

11. Dhair

Dhair Member

Any problems with this and methylene blue used together to possibly offset the serotonin effects of the latter@haidut?

12. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I think it would be OK but it's best if you ask a pharmacist as they can actually lookup both chemicals and see both what interactions were reported and are predicted by models.

13. Mufasa

Mufasa Member

Im wondering if this product could have candida die off side effects @haidut

14. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Well, the studies I posted in the original thread show it has anti-fungal effect. So, it is possible even though I am not sure what these symptoms of Candida die off look like.

15. Chris1122

Chris1122 Member

After a week of 2 drops a day, MET has almost cured rat's SSRI-induced depersonalization and sexual dysfunction. However, rat has developed uncontrollable twitches throughout the body, so had to discontinue. These twitches are still present after discontinuation. Is there anything rat can do about it, or is it permanent?

16. thyrulian

thyrulian Member

Hmm...

D1 and D2 dopamine-receptor modulation of striatal glutamatergic signaling in striatal medium spiny neurons

Well, that's all I got. :shame:

17. Fetch

Fetch Member

Metergoline is easily the best serotonin/dopamine regulating compound I have ever experimented with but it also cause significant eye lid twitching after about 2 weeks of application. It got better in about 3 days but took about 1-2 weeks to stop completely after I discontinued the experiment. In my observations it seemed coffee/caffeine made it significantly worse and to a lesser extent looking at screens, being tired, stressed or any large meal would cause it to pick up a little. I don't have a theory as to why just thought I would let you know I believe your eye twitch will resolve.

18. Chris1122

Chris1122 Member

It's not just an eye twitch, but a twitch in my hands, feet, and neck, probably due to D2 agonism.

19. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I don't think it is permament, but you can try some theanine as it seems to regulate both excessive dopaminergic and serotonergic activity.

20. DennisX

DennisX Member

When taking metergoline and lisuride simultaneaously isn't the 5-HT1A antagonism of metergoline cancelled out by the lisuride agonism of the 5-HT1A?

If I administer cabergoline, a 5-HT2B agonist and metergoline, a 5-HT2B antagonist simultaneously to my rat, do the two cancel any effect on 5-HT2B ?

Cabergoline has a half life of about 3 days. Would metergoline have to be administered each of the 3 days to eliminate the agonist effect of cab?