Constatine

I must say metergoline has by far become my rat's favorite supplement. It makes him a whole lot more cheerful and lowers inhibitions dramatically. It is a strange occurrence though as he doesn't really notice lowered inhibitions until after events have happened and he is able to think back on his actions. My rat feel much more alive of metergoline, emotions flow more freely, thoughts are more clear, and his perspective has never been better. The only problematic aspect of metergoline is that it makes one aware of much more, this is of course not inherently negative but it can make one more aware of negative situations in one's life. Though I must state that this is only negative when such a situation can not be changed.

Quality

I must say metergoline has by far become my rat's favorite supplement. It makes him a whole lot more cheerful and lowers inhibitions dramatically. It is a strange occurrence though as he doesn't really notice lowered inhibitions until after events have happened and he is able to think back on his actions. My rat feel much more alive of metergoline, emotions flow more freely, thoughts are more clear, and his perspective has never been better. The only problematic aspect of metergoline is that it makes one aware of much more, this is of course not inherently negative but it can make one more aware of negative situations in one's life. Though I must state that this is only negative when such a situation can not be changed.
Hi constatine thanks for the update, my metergoline is still is in the closet after my rats first dose i decided to wait a bit before trialing it further.
Good to hear that your rat is having such a good experience with it so far, how has the dosing been so far? how long have you been using it for in total now? did you take days of it? how is your concern with serotonin receptors upregulation as pointed out earlier in this thread.

Constatine

Hi constatine thanks for the update, my metergoline is still is in the closet after my rats first dose i decided to wait a bit before trialing it further.
Good to hear that your rat is having such a good experience with it so far, how has the dosing been so far? how long have you been using it for in total now? did you take days of it? how is your concern with serotonin receptors upregulation as pointed out earlier in this thread.
I have been using it every other day for a little over a month now. Typically 4 drops in a dose. As for serotonin receptor upregulation it was my understanding that serotonin receptors really only upregulate due to stressful events (cortisol increases) and estrogen increases. I read that lisuride and some other serotonin antagonists, but not metergoline, downregulated serotonin receptors. This means that serotonin antagonists do not necessarily upregulate serotonin receptors...though we know metergoline does not downregulate receptors. I am also taking DHT raising substances and DHT downregulates most 'bad' serotonin receptors in the brain so I am not too worried about this.

CoconutEffect

@hiadut

one should wait the entire 2 weeks before drawing any conclusions with MB in treating Bipolar Depression type 2 for my rat?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@hiadut

one should wait the entire 2 weeks before drawing any conclusions with MB in treating Bipolar Depression type 2 for my rat?

Can you please ask this question in the MB threads? I don't think it has anything to do with metergoline.
Thx in advance.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
It's out of stock, will it be restocked soon?

Hopefully by middle of next week. Waiting on a shipment to be sent from the vendor tomorrow.

Quality

I have been using it every other day for a little over a month now. Typically 4 drops in a dose. As for serotonin receptor upregulation it was my understanding that serotonin receptors really only upregulate due to stressful events (cortisol increases) and estrogen increases. I read that lisuride and some other serotonin antagonists, but not metergoline, downregulated serotonin receptors. This means that serotonin antagonists do not necessarily upregulate serotonin receptors...though we know metergoline does not downregulate receptors. I am also taking DHT raising substances and DHT downregulates most 'bad' serotonin receptors in the brain so I am not too worried about this.
Posted a few pages ago by someone else:
Withdrawal from chronic treatment with metergoline, dl-propranolol and amitriptyline enhances serotonin receptor mediated behaviour in the rat
Withdrawal from chronic treatment with metergoline, dl-propranolol and amitriptyline enhances serotonin receptor mediated behaviour in the rat

Still not have been using the rest of my metergoline so far, but I think it has the potential to make people more sensitive to the effects of social interaction,psychedelics and mdma type substances (5ht1a, 5ht2a upregulation/sensitivity), add in an HDAC inhibitor such as sodium butyrate/resistant starch/clostridium butyricum and wonderfull things might happen. Ofcourse this is just still a theory.

Constatine

Posted a few pages ago by someone else:

Still not have been using the rest of my metergoline so far, but I think it has the potential to make people more sensitive to the effects of social interaction,psychedelics and mdma type substances (5ht1a, 5ht2a upregulation/sensitivity), add in an HDAC inhibitor such as sodium butyrate/resistant starch/clostridium butyricum and wonderfull things might happen. Ofcourse this is just still a theory.
Interesting. I would hope that DHT would be able to nullify this effect.

Quality

Interesting. I would hope that DHT would be able to nullify this effect.
Doesnt necesarrily have to be bad, if the 5ht1a autoreceptor upregulates aswell, which is like the GATE to letting serotonin that would be a good thing, would mean less serotonin overall, anyway it would probably be a dose/duration dependant curve.

chispas

I don't find it sedating but that's just me. The sedation from cypro is mostly from the antihistamine action.

Does metergoline or any other similar ergot derivative other than cypro have an antihistamine action?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Does metergoline or any other similar ergot derivative other than cypro have an antihistamine action?

Did you search the forum before asking? That question has been discussed before, including inside this thread.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ok then. You know, I think this forum fails a bit to help locate information sometimes. Sometimes even stuff I know is on here is hard to find again. I don't know anything about computers though, so can't offer any suggestions for improvement. Sorry.

One suggestion I have is to use both Google and the forum search box for searching. Google is a bit better at "guessing" what you are looking for when you don't know the exact keywords. So, you can do a search using Google like this: "site:raypeatforum.com X Y Z...". The X, Y, Z are keyword you want to search for. So, in case it would be "site:raypeatforum.com lisuride histamine" or "site:raypeatforum.com metergoline histamine". There is no quotes when you type this in Google.

chispas

One suggestion I have is to use both Google and the forum search box for searching. Google is a bit better at "guessing" what you are looking for when you don't know the exact keywords. So, you can do a search using Google like this: "site:raypeatforum.com X Y Z...". The X, Y, Z are keyword you want to search for. So, in case it would be "site:raypeatforum.com lisuride histamine" or "site:raypeatforum.com metergoline histamine". There is no quotes when you type this in Google.

Thanks for that, that's a great tip. Searching skills are definitely necessary in this day and age.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Yes, and tianeptine and ondansetron have also showed benefit which suggests many other serotonin antagonists should be able to help. So, even using the BCAA/tyrosine combo may help reduce symptoms.

khan

Yes, and tianeptine and ondansetron have also showed benefit which suggests many other serotonin antagonists should be able to help. So, even using the BCAA/tyrosine combo may help reduce symptoms.
Thanks haidut.