jaype

My rat's gonna start using this. Want to administer it orally, two drops initally. Those that have used it orally, I'm curious if you just put the drops on the tongue or mix it with water, given the low dose? I'm a total newbie at this.

LadyRae

My rat's gonna start using this. Want to administer it orally, two drops initally. Those that have used it orally, I'm curious if you just put the drops on the tongue or mix it with water, given the low dose? I'm a total newbie at this.
I just drop 5 drops directly under my tongue. Very relaxing. Good to take before a nap. I'm 43, 130lbs.

Yody

Better lisuride or metergoline against PSSD? (cyproheptadine did nothing for me)
Metergoline, as it antagonizes 5-HT1A. Lisuride agonizes 5-HT1A which should make things better temporarily, but revert after use due to a decrease in receptor density. Also, try 3.5-4mg of cypro at once if you haven't, I was using it once a week on Sunday evenings for a while to good effect. I don't have PSSD but am currently dependent on kratom, which I assume puts me in a relatively similar although transient state. Cannabigerol antagonizes 5-HT1A nicely also IME.

pippocui

Metergoline, as it antagonizes 5-HT1A. Lisuride agonizes 5-HT1A which should make things better temporarily, but revert after use due to a decrease in receptor density. Also, try 3.5-4mg of cypro at once if you haven't, I was using it once a week on Sunday evenings for a while to good effect. I don't have PSSD but am currently dependent on kratom, which I assume puts me in a relatively similar although transient state. Cannabigerol antagonizes 5-HT1A nicely also IME.
I tried cypro at that dosage too and it did nothing, so I'm afraid that metergoline may not work! But metergoline appears to be a 5ht1a antagonist (although there are doubts about this), which cypro is not!

Gûs80

Hey guys. I'm new to the forum, but I've been testing Peat's recommendations on my mouse for a few months now. The report will take a little longer for you to understand the case of my mouse. Later, I plan to open a post to discuss more about sleep apnea.
My rat has had sleep apnea and problems with the circadian cycle since adolescence (he is now 40 years old for humans) and, consequently, daytime sleepiness and extreme fatigue.
After adopting the peat-based diet, my rat started taking Diamox before bed. He improved in several parameters, he even started dreaming, something rare because apneas occur in REM sleep. Together he started taking slow-release niacin and his sleep improved even more, he started to sleep earlier (@Hans has an interesting article on the use of niacinamide during the day and niacin before bed). He stopped niacin due to stomach problems and is now going to try immediate release to save his liver.
After reading @haidut post about BCAA + tyrosine, I started adopting in my rat and felt small improvements in motivation (a big problem for those who have daytime sleepiness and tend to procrastinate to save energy).
In summary, my mouse currently uses:
- upon waking up: bcaa + tyrosine + coffee
- after each meal (4 or 5): 100mg of niacinamide + 100mg of B5 + 5mcg of T3 + sporadically 300mg of P5P and 500mg of thiamine.
- before bed: 500 mg diamox (250 had little effect and studies indicate that 500 mg has benzo-like effects) + 1000 mg niacin.

I started 2mg of metergoline around 3pm yesterday. As already reported, my rat slept very little, was calm all night (usually it gets very irritated by spending hours trying to sleep).

On the negative effects of metergoline on some users: I remember reading Peat saying that the ideal is to keep prolactin between 4 and 7, so those levels might have something to do with the experience. Another route not yet discussed in the topic: metergoline acts as an muscarinic receptors of acetylcholine M3 antagonist (cats study). In Brazil it is indicated for female dogs and cats in the interruption of lactation or pseudocyesis. I see reports of increased energy and restlessness after the administration of metergoline in animals with pseudocyesis.

Rats with sleep apnea show many changes in labs, most of which I have been able to confirm in practice. A defiant disturbance.
- elevated: prolactin, estradiol, serotonin, aldosterone, hematocrit, glutamate, TNFa, IL6, triglycerides, homocysteine, bicarbonate.
- decreased: vitamin d, gaba, testosterone, orexin, CO2, dopamine?
- I have doubts: NO, acetylcholine. I found studies claiming that NO decreases in sleep apnea. On the influence of acetylcholine, I read studies that say it is high and others that it seems low.

Is there anything this research community already knows about an interaction between diamox and metergolin?

bogbody

any advice on how might one (hypothetically of course) use this for migraine treatment? would this work as an abortive or better as preventative? both? does any one have experience using it for this? thanks

inthedark

any advice on how might one (hypothetically of course) use this for migraine treatment? would this work as an abortive or better as preventative? both? does any one have experience using it for this? thanks

I experience migraine and have tried both Metergoline and Lisuride (also a serotonin antagonist) and didn’t really notice much either way for prevention. I’ve tried doing large doses of either to stop a migraine in progress and had some success. But I wouldn’t really on either on its own to stop migraine in its tracks. My ideal combo for a migraine in progress would be Metergoline or Lisuride plus progesterone and cyproheptadine and aspirin.

bogbody

I experience migraine and have tried both Metergoline and Lisuride (also a serotonin antagonist) and didn’t really notice much either way for prevention. I’ve tried doing large doses of either to stop a migraine in progress and had some success. But I wouldn’t really on either on its own to stop migraine in its tracks. My ideal combo for a migraine in progress would be Metergoline or Lisuride plus progesterone and cyproheptadine and aspirin.
good to know thanks! i have had luck with progesterone but will try them both together

Epik

@haidut is it possible to have a custom order where I can get a diluted version where each drop is something like a quarter of the current dose?

Happypeating

I want to know what a proper dose and duration of said doses would be best to achieve the antifibrotic effects of either metergoline or lisuride? Or a combo of both? I haven't seen this question asked yet. Had it do you have answers?

Mazzle

Have been using this on rat for a few weeks now. 10 drops twice a day mixed with a bit of DMSO and OJ orally.
Rat suffers with rapid weight gain, muscle wastage - it can hardly get up, weak and feeble, palpitations.
Rat has much improved mobility. More flexibility and agility. General aches and pains associated with movement are gone. Rat showing much more interest in getting outside to do chores.
No benefit / change to night time palpitations. Weight gain still rapid. Some gastric burning and belching - not sure if associated with this.
Very happy with improvements but wishes above all else to be a less fat rat.

johnwester130

Is that easily available in Canada?

this should work?

I'm.No.One

Anyone's rat have their mouth go horribly dry?

Rat took one single drop transdermally yesterday & has horrendous dry mouth/discomfort.

Cypro never caused this in rat.

Rat was going to switch to this because cypro hunger is absolutely unstoppable.

But rat would rather be hungry af all the time versus my teeth rotting out from lack of saliva ?

Any ideas why this happened to my rat?

dukesbobby777

Anyone's rat have their mouth go horribly dry?

Rat took one single drop transdermally yesterday & has horrendous dry mouth/discomfort.

Cypro never caused this in rat.

Rat was going to switch to this because cypro hunger is absolutely unstoppable.

But rat would rather be hungry af all the time versus my teeth rotting out from lack of saliva ?

Any ideas why this happened to my rat?

Hi No one. Strange you don't get dry mouth from cypro (an anti cholinergic), yet get it from metergoline. Not sure what the mechanism might be. I take up to 6 drops of metergoline regularly and don't get the dry mouth. I get it from cypro, even from low doses. Are you still taking metergoline, and getting it?

I'm.No.One

Hi No one. Strange you don't get dry mouth from cypro (an anti cholinergic), yet get it from metergoline. Not sure what the mechanism might be. I take up to 6 drops of metergoline regularly and don't get the dry mouth. I get it from cypro, even from low doses. Are you still taking metergoline, and getting it?
It took 3 days for the horrible dry mouth to go away so I didn't touch it again. I was even topical use.

Yeah no dry mouth from Cypro at all, not even when used orally.