OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is their a DMSO only solvent for metergoline? I don't want ethanol in it

Metergoline does not use DMSO. We dropped DMSO as a solvent more than 2 years ago. It now uses the SFA/ethanol solvent we use for most other products.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut

I have a bottle that’s two years old, should I get a new one or should it still be as effective? I can still feel it but I can’t remember if it was stronger before.

FDA mandates that all liquid products be advertised as having no more than 12 months of shelf life. So, I can't legally comment on usage of such old bottle.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Took 12 drops (5.4mg) under the tongue and both times had constipation for a few days afterwards. I've never had an issue with bowel movements and one of the things that adopting a more metabolically healthy way of eating the past couple of years has been to greatly improve my bowel movements. Just a heads up to anyone else. Perhaps the issue is I did not build up the dose over a long enough period of time so my body did not get used to it.

I saw someone else post that topically they did not experience constipation but under the tongue they did. No idea why that would be anyone have a theory?

inthedark

Took 12 drops (5.4mg) under the tongue and both times had constipation for a few days afterwards. I've never had an issue with bowel movements and one of the things that adopting a more metabolically healthy way of eating the past couple of years has been to greatly improve my bowel movements. Just a heads up to anyone else. Perhaps the issue is I did not build up the dose over a long enough period of time so my body did not get used to it.

I saw someone else post that topically they did not experience constipation but under the tongue they did. No idea why that would be anyone have a theory?

I get constipation from oral doses, although 5.4mg is a very large dose for me. While "sublingual" is considered a different route of administration my guess is that it's near impossible not to swallow some of it. You didn't indicate how often you'd used Metergoline before this but if you don't use this amount regularly even a mg or two getting swallowed could probably cause some constipation in my experience.

This is a major part of the reason I almost always - over the course of using it for a couple years- take Metergoline topically.

Soren

Forum Supporter
I get constipation from oral doses, although 5.4mg is a very large dose for me. While "sublingual" is considered a different route of administration my guess is that it's near impossible not to swallow some of it. You didn't indicate how often you'd used Metergoline before this but if you don't use this amount regularly even a mg or two getting swallowed could probably cause some constipation in my experience.

This is a major part of the reason I almost always - over the course of using it for a couple years- take Metergoline topically.

Interesting so using it topically say in the wrist you've never experienced any issues with constipation?

inthedark

@haidut maybe you'll be interested in this newer article that seems to point to Metergoline as a potential antibacterial agent? Much of it is way above my head so I'm not gonna offer a summary but it seems very interesting:

"We identify several compounds that inhibit Salmonella growth in the intracellular environment and in acidic, ion-limited media. We report on the antimicrobial activity of the psychoactive drug metergoline, which is specific against intracellular S. Tm. Screening an S. Tm deletion library in the presence of metergoline reveals hypersensitization of outer membrane mutants to metergoline activity. Metergoline disrupts the proton motive force at the bacterial cytoplasmic membrane and extends animal survival during a systemic S. Tm infection. This work highlights the predictive nature of intracellular screens for in vivo efficacy, and identifies metergoline as a novel antimicrobial active against Salmonella."

A macrophage-based screen identifies antibacterial compounds selective for intracellular Salmonella Typhimurium

SuperStressed

Does anyone else's rat say the taste of this unbearable? I hope that putting it on my rat's wrists is just as effective.
He just started it last night and pretty much instantly got the initial negative effects that some people have mentioned. He said it felt like his head was really heavy.

brix

Has anyone noticed weight gain in belly and hips from taking metergoline? I’ve added this and pansterone to my daily routine and have noticed extra fat.

opethfeldt

Has anyone noticed weight gain in belly and hips from taking metergoline? I’ve added this and pansterone to my daily routine and have noticed extra fat.
It's more likely the pansterone than this. You're probably experiencing estrogen conversion. Either reduce your dose or take your dose with an aromatase inhibitor.

Rat didn’t have any prostate issues before, but with metergoline 1.6mg per day, it seems to be urinating more easily, in a stronger and more steady stream...its erections seem to have improved too...

Odd: I’m re-reading this thread. And notice that my rat had some of this 2 years ago and it made it sleepy and it had to stop. Not the case now at all. I think that has to do with thyroid status...

Gone Peating

Odd: I’m re-reading this thread. And notice that my rat had some of this 2 years ago and it made it sleepy and it had to stop. Not the case now at all. I think that has to do with thyroid status...

Is this the strongest anti-serotonin chemical in your experience?