Momado965

Is metergoline better than cyproheptadine for dieting to prevent having a lowered metabolic rate after the weight is lost?

Waynish

Is metergoline better than cyproheptadine for dieting to prevent having a lowered metabolic rate after the weight is lost?

I don't know what you mean by "dieting," but you would lose more weight from metergoline than cyproheptadine.

Momado965

I don't know what you mean by "dieting," but you would lose more weight from metergoline than cyproheptadine.

No. I meant which one of them is a better dieting aid for weightloss since dieting reduces dopamine which in turn reduces BMR because of accumulated serotonin in the brain. Haidut once commented on how bodybuildets use t3, bromocriptine, dnp or a combination of a those things to ensure better weightloss and metabolic preservation.

aquaman

I've found Metergoline to be very helpful for anxiety. It took me quite a bit of experimenting to find a good dose but lately 1 drop a day of the Idealabs product has been doing the job.

Posted this from another thread. For those who think because the bottle says 8 drops, you should take 8 drops.

inthedark

Posted this from another thread. For those who think because the bottle says 8 drops, you should take 8 drops.

Yep, and the difference between one drop and eight in terms of sedation, in my experience, is enormous. If I've got a day I don't need to get much done and I just want to enjoy life I'll sometimes take 8 or more drops for the pleasant "high". I think one could habituate themselves to a high daily dose but it might not be necessary to achieve desired effects.

Waynish

Yep, and the difference between one drop and eight in terms of sedation, in my experience, is enormous. If I've got a day I don't need to get much done and I just want to enjoy life I'll sometimes take 8 or more drops for the pleasant "high". I think one could habituate themselves to a high daily dose but it might not be necessary to achieve desired effects.

How's the rebound after those 8 drop days?

inthedark

How's the rebound after those 8 drop days?

Nearly none to speak of, sometimes there's an afterglow the next day where I still feel very relaxed and a little tired. I can take my entire (1 drop per day) weeks dose on a single day if I want. That is, seven or eight drops once a week instead of one drop every day. One of the studies for SAD was done with a single dose (8 or 16mgs maybe?) that had an effect for a couple weeks after.

I also have had no apparent rebound or DAWS after taking Metergoline regularly for a couple months, then not taking it for a couple months.

When I first started taking Metergoline I took what I consider large doses (8-16 drops of idealabs') for a week or so and I did feel out of sorts and fatigued afterwards. But since this I've had no such issues with Metergoline unless I take a giant dose on purpose. I speculate that serotonin may be raised short term when first dosing, but then the body reacclimatizes and re-regulates things, which also helps to handle subsequent higher doses.

inthedark

I'm planning to experiment with eliminating all other supplements in lieu of Metergoline. Hypothesis is that the stress lowering effect is profound and reduces the need for much other supplementation. We'll see how it goes.

That said, it's apparent from the comments on this forum that this can be a hard drug to dose correctly so I'd strongly recommend anyone who is considering taking it to read all the forum posts about it.

J

jb116

Nearly none to speak of, sometimes there's an afterglow the next day where I still feel very relaxed and a little tired. I can take my entire (1 drop per day) weeks dose on a single day if I want. That is, seven or eight drops once a week instead of one drop every day. One of the studies for SAD was done with a single dose (8 or 16mgs maybe?) that had an effect for a couple weeks after.

I also have had no apparent rebound or DAWS after taking Metergoline regularly for a couple months, then not taking it for a couple months.

When I first started taking Metergoline I took what I consider large doses (8-16 drops of idealabs') for a week or so and I did feel out of sorts and fatigued afterwards. But since this I've had no such issues with Metergoline unless I take a giant dose on purpose. I speculate that serotonin may be raised short term when first dosing, but then the body reacclimatizes and re-regulates things, which also helps to handle subsequent higher doses.
Sorry if you posted already, but how did you take it, oral or topical? I've only experimented topically so far, so always curious.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Bottle no longer says 8 drops. We changed the label more than 6 months ago. Now it just shows how much it contains per drop.

Ponce

DaveFoster said in page 14 :

I don't believe this has been addressed in this thread. Does metergoline have the downstream effects on adrenaline as most dopamine agonists, such as caffeine, or is it absent from the ergoline class (specifically metergoline)?

Poeple around me and myself experience have shown that taking coffe without enough dose of sugar 15-30 minutes before drinking coffe make me very nervous and trembling, that makes me get andrenergic symptoms. But with enough sugar none of all those disagreements...
Cf : sorry for the English school level : I’m French.

inthedark

DaveFoster said in page 14 :

I don't believe this has been addressed in this thread. Does metergoline have the downstream effects on adrenaline as most dopamine agonists, such as caffeine, or is it absent from the ergoline class (specifically metergoline)?

Poeple around me and myself experience have shown that taking coffe without enough dose of sugar 15-30 minutes before drinking coffe make me very nervous and trembling, that makes me get andrenergic symptoms. But with enough sugar none of all those disagreements...
Cf : sorry for the English school level : I’m French.

I haven't noticed any of these effects from Metergoline. I tend to take it with breakfast which includes sugar (I take a pretty low dose though. 1 or drops of Idealabs Metergoline). However I have noticed if I take it late in the day it will make it very difficult to fall asleep, which is consistent with other dopamine agonists.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
"Metergoline is what I would use in lieu of the cypro/lisuride combination. Sort of what I'd use if I had to choose taking only one chemical for opposing serotoin and possibly promoting dopamine. Don't think adding metegoline is needed if cypro and lisuride are already used."

"What would give the least rebound serotonin after stopping use?

None of these should cause rebound serotonin, actually I would expect them to do the opposite. Due to them increasing serotonin receptor density and sensitivity, after stopping them less serotonin may be produced due to the body being able to get by with less due to increased sensitivity.

Years later - golden nugget of information. Thanks.

Last edited:

Soren

Forum Supporter
Given the comparison to. Bromocriptine does metergoline carry any of the same risks with regards to heart attack etc?

Soren

Forum Supporter
Anyone know or any interactions between suboxone and metergoline?

The closest thing I can find is that there are no known interactions between Cyproheptadine and suboxone.

Given that they are both serotonin antagonists I would assume they are similar in terms of risk of interaction with suboxone.

Bengt

@haidut

I have a bottle that’s two years old, should I get a new one or should it still be as effective? I can still feel it but I can’t remember if it was stronger before.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Given the comparison to. Bromocriptine does metergoline carry any of the same risks with regards to heart attack etc?

Unlike bromocriptine and cabergoline, metergoline is NOT known to have serotonin agonist effects which are probably the reason behind the heart attack risk with the first two. The evidence available so far shows that metergoline is non-selective serotonin antagonist similar in binding profile to cyproheptadine.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals