dand

I have not experienced any weight gain, but take moderate doses of 2-3 drops every few days or as needed. Great chemical !

am00

I have not experienced any weight gain, but take moderate doses of 2-3 drops every few days or as needed. Great chemical !

Are you depressed/anxious?

@haidut What do you think about corticoid synthesis inhibitors and is it possible to get them from idealabs?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Are you depressed/anxious?

@haidut What do you think about corticoid synthesis inhibitors and is it possible to get them from idealabs?

Emodin is the most potent known one, exceeding in effects even experimental pharma chemicals. It inhibits 11b-HSD1 (11β-Hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase type 1 - Wikipedia) with an IC50 of just 80 nM/L. That translates to just a few milligrams of emodin for most people. It is also highly selective inhibitor of 11b-HSD1, unlike most other inhibitors that also inhibit 11b-HSD2. The latter enzyme degrades cortisol, so the net effects of the other inhibitors is often unpredictable. Licorice root, touted by some people on the forum, is actually a more potent inhibitor of 11b-HSD2 than 11b-HSD1, so it ends up really messing up cortisol levels for some people.

freyasam

@haidut does metergoline have DMSO in it? The bottle in the picture lists it as ingredient.

do any of your products still have DMSO? I heard that was removed from them.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut does metergoline have DMSO in it? The bottle in the picture lists it as ingredient.

do any of your products still have DMSO? I heard that was removed from them.

No, metergoline does not. Only Magnoil and MelaNon remain DMSO-based but we hope to have a non-DMSO option for Magnoil soon.

Zpol

Anti-serotonin drugs are being tested right now for IBS. Just Google for "TPH inhibitor IBS". None of them are approved officially yet, but studies have talked about anti-serotonin drugs for IBS before. Here is one.
Management of functional abdominal pain and irritable bowel syndrome in children and adolescents

Peat also said in his articles that anti-serotonin drugs can probably successfully treat IBS. I said metergoline is used off-label, so you are not going to find studies about it for IBS. However, it is a non-selective antagonist just like cyproheptadine, so the usage makes perfect sense.

Just bumping this question as I didn't see it answered. @haidut
Is oral or topical preferred for a young adult female rat with IBS with diarrhea and constipation?
And would the doses in fact be useful around 2 - 4 mg?
@jb116 did you ever find an answer to this, as to the dosage and the administration?

Waynish

@haidut
Something that has been confounding me about LSD. I don't feel like the "trip" per se is from serotonin agonism, but rather serotonin antagonism. As Alduous Huxley once said LSD removes the filters of perception or something along those lines and that is my experience. Doesn't make sense to me that serotonin agonism would lead to all of these beautiful/profound experiences. LSD mostly feels like heightened dopaminergic function to me and not something that is truly "psychedelic". Colors are more vibrant, my senses are sharper, sight, sound, taste, smell. You can see gas exchange in plants, your intuition is strong, and I once could see air hitting the wings of a plane as it was landing from a great distance. I do not feel like these were hallucinations per se, but rather my metabolic rate had been raised to a point that I was able to perceive things that normal 2018 stress does not allow. We know that the ergots especially LSD are a mixed bag, but their net effect is usually dopamine agonism. So, yes, I have had cypro cut a "trip" in the traditional sense. But, rather than cutting a trip in the beautiful profound sense, I think it is just blocking the stress response you can get from highly dopaminergic substances. It's kind of like what happens when you have too much coffee without food. I always make sure I have access to orange juice if I know I'm taking LSD, it keeps it from getting too stressful. Just my two cents :)

My experience matches yours closely. What dose of cyproheptadine did you use to stop the trip? Another big stressor on LSD seems to be related to the gut biome. Many people get gas - and I have seen people's food allergies temporarily disappear during its use. It is great advice to have OJ around during a trip as well - many spread the idea of fasting during trips, and I can see why it might seem that way. But I've seen several people come out of trips going in the wrong directions by use of calories :)

I'm still wondering why lisuride and metergoline work fine transdermally, but it seems like no one can get LSD to do so.

Zpol

Yes, that is one of the nicer things about metergoline - it does not seem to have activity on 5-HT3 and thus does not cause constipation. So, due to this lack of constipating activity it is used in some countries off-label to treat both IBS-C and IBS-D.

Metergoline has known anti-fungal effects and I think it actually decreases serotonin synthesis. So, it may affect the GI tract more than cyproheptadine. It may be also be a stronger 5-HT3 antagonist than cypro.

These statements seem to be contradictory. The first states "Metergoline does not seem to have activity on 5-HT3," the second says it may have an antagonizing effect on 5-HT3.
Can anyone clarify? I mainly want to avoid worsening constipation. My subject already has chronic constipation, IBS, SIBO.

@tomisonbottom are you still taking Metergoline with success?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
These statements seem to be contradictory. The first states "Metergoline does not seem to have activity on 5-HT3," the second says it may have an antagonizing effect on 5-HT3.
Can anyone clarify? I mainly want to avoid worsening constipation. My subject already has chronic constipation, IBS, SIBO.

@tomisonbottom are you still taking Metergoline with success?

True. The first one was made circa 2016 based on studies I had seen around the time I was releasing it. Later on, people commented that it makes them constipated in higher doses, which cypro does not do. One user found some kind of report on metergoline binding profile and it showed that it does act as antagonist on 5-HT3 but the column for affinity had "?", which means unknown.
So, I guess I should change that later comment to say something along the lines of "despite earlier comments on lack of 5-HT3 activity, user reports as well as some unofficial clinical reports seem to indicate that metergoline does have antagonistic effects on 5-HT3. However, at what dose and for how long is unknown at this time."

Zpol

True. The first one was made circa 2016 based on studies I had seen around the time I was releasing it. Later on, people commented that it makes them constipated in higher doses, which cypro does not do. One user found some kind of report on metergoline binding profile and it showed that it does act as antagonist on 5-HT3 but the column for affinity had "?", which means unknown.
So, I guess I should change that later comment to say something along the lines of "despite earlier comments on lack of 5-HT3 activity, user reports as well as some unofficial clinical reports seem to indicate that metergoline does have antagonistic effects on 5-HT3. However, at what dose and for how long is unknown at this time."

That makes sense. I did see a post by @goodandevil indicating it may have an effect on 5-ht3, therefore possibly causing some constipation.

Thank you for clarifying.

Momado965

When taking 20-25 drops at once I do get an increase in libido, motivation and anti anxiety effects. I also notice my refractory period is GREATLY reduced. I am ready for action in shortly after application.

am00

When taking 20-25 drops at once I do get an increase in libido, motivation and anti anxiety effects. I also notice my refractory period is GREATLY reduced. I am ready for action in shortly after application.
For how long have you been taking it?

Momado965

For how long have you been taking it?

Not that long. Not that frequent. Been masturbating non stop and thought I'd try it as a prolactin antagonist and boom! I ascended to the heavens of dopaminertia haha.

am00

Not that long. Not that frequent. Been masturbating non stop and thought I'd try it as a prolactin antagonist and boom! I ascended to the heavens of dopaminertia haha.
I'm concerned about developing tolerance, that's why I asked :) good for you hhah!

Momado965

I'm concerned about developing tolerance, that's why I asked :) good for you hhah!

So far so good havent noticed any signs of tolerance. There seems to be a sweet spot. Less is ineffective and more is wasteful. B6 amplyfies the effects, even from food. I tried using bananas and redbull and the effectd were boom boom boom!

am00

So far so good havent noticed any signs of tolerance. There seems to be a sweet spot. Less is ineffective and more is wasteful. B6 amplyfies the effects, even from food. I tried using bananas and redbull and the effectd were boom boom boom!
Thanks!

inthedark

Is that 20-25 drops per day? Did you have any of the beginning or ongoing side effects some people here have described? I'd love to try a large dose like that but when I've stepped up the dose in the past it's resulted I very heady relaxation effect which, while pleasant, is only viable when I've got a day in which I don't need to do a whole lot.

Interested because I've been taking Metergoline to very positive effect for a couple month, but at a much lower dose. It seems like there's a variety of way to use this drug and a similar variety of effects for different people.

Thatisvital

Can drinking the drops of metergolin or even lisuride be sufficient or shoud it be absorbs a better way....?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals