inthedark

Thought I'd copy my experience report from the Metergoline long term experiences thread and add some new info here:

"I've been using it for a few weeks and had terrific results mood wise but I'm finding the "tolerance" period to be pretty serious with lethargy and exhaustion any time I try to work up a higher dose. So currently I'm doing 1 drop a day for a week or so then a week off.

I feel like this really destroys the fear-dominant responses -helplessness, fear- that serotonin promotes, and breaks down walls that have stopped me from really reckoning with bad experiences of the past and unsatisfactory aspects of the present. I'm more outspoken and less fearful of criticism, morewilling to put myself out their and be emotionally vulnerable and honest, even and especially with myself in my own thoughts. Using higher doses reminds me a bit of using MDMA in that I'm not afraid of my own feelings or emotions or those of others. I could see thisbeing a life changing drug for those struggling with learned helplessness.

That all said, it remaining to be seen what the long term effects will be."

Since writing this I've changed to 1-4 drops spread out between the morning and evening. Since the initial period of adjustment I can now take Metergoline in the evening without it affecting my sleep or in the morning without it making me lethargic (at these doses). Still working very well for anxiety and depression and overall well-being. I feel less isolated and more capable of making emotional connections with others, both people I know well and new people. I've been using some pansterone (only 2-4 drops a day topically, sometimes less) too and this combo seems to be pretty outstanding for social anxiety.

At this point I'd like to stay the course but am a little worried about DAWS, even though my doses are quite low. I'm trying to decide if I should take a week or two off but I'm kind of worried about the adjustment period again.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut My rat is wondering if you think this product would be absorb equally well orally as it would be topically?

Metergoline is sold as an oral formulation in most countries where it is used. So, yes, even though we can't endorse such use.

inthedark

Metergoline is sold as an oral formulation in most countries where it is used. So, yes, even though we can't endorse such use.

Thanks for the reply @haidut , I should've phrased that a bit better. Rat currently uses it orally but is wondering if the absorption rate differs between those two routes of administration.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Thanks for the reply @haidut , I should've phrased that a bit better. Rat currently uses it orally but is wondering if the absorption rate differs between those two routes of administration.

It seems the absorption rate is a bit slower with topical. I personally notice is takes about 15min to produce effects and it is more mellow. But it also seems to last longer, so the tradeoff is probably worth it.

inthedark

It seems the absorption rate is a bit slower with topical. I personally notice is takes about 15min to produce effects and it is more mellow. But it also seems to last longer, so the tradeoff is probably worth it.

Okay that's perfect, thank you.

am00

Hi,
I've been reading this thread for a while and ordered Metergoline. Yesterday was my first dose of one drop and I felt terrible brain fog and raised anxiety. I saw that a few people had similar reactions and it got better after 2 or 5 days. Is it better to feel worse and hope for the better than to feel nothing on Metergoline? @haidut
I was on zoloft (25 mg and 50 mg for year and a half ) and switched to Lexapro which was horrible I thought I'll go crazy. I also tried Wellbutrin with no effect and Effexor for my panic attacks which helped.

So, this is day 2 on Metergoline and I'll keep you up to date about my experience.

am00

Also, headaches are kinda different now, pain is sharper and located in front left lobe.

inthedark

Hi,
I've been reading this thread for a while and ordered Metergoline. Yesterday was my first dose of one drop and I felt terrible brain fog and raised anxiety. I saw that a few people had similar reactions and it got better after 2 or 5 days. Is it better to feel worse and hope for the better than to feel nothing on Metergoline? @haidut
I was on zoloft (25 mg and 50 mg for year and a half ) and switched to Lexapro which was horrible I thought I'll go crazy. I also tried Wellbutrin with no effect and Effexor for my panic attacks which helped.

So, this is day 2 on Metergoline and I'll keep you up to date about my experience.

This seems to be a common thing when starting or raising the dose of Metergoline and I experienced it. Reading through this thread you'll find a couple theories, I think it may increase the effects of serotonin for a short adjustment period. In my experience this was totally worth it and subsided after a few days of an identical dose per day. In fact I found after the adjustment I can now play around with the doing a bit more without suffering those undesirable effects.

am00

Wow, thanks! I stumbled upon few posts, but I'm under a lot of impression and expectations are high considering that I've been trying all sorts of supplements for 7 yrs now... For how long have you been taking metergoline? After how many days you felt improvement and of what kind? Withdrawal problems? Dosage? Thanks

inthedark

Wow, thanks! I stumbled upon few posts, but I'm under a lot of impression and expectations are high considering that I've been trying all sorts of supplements for 7 yrs now... For how long have you been taking metergoline? After how many days you felt improvement and of what kind? Withdrawal problems? Dosage? Thanks

I've been using it for a couple months now. Started with one drop a day and I think the tiredness and brain fog dispersed after a week or so. Now I usually do two drops topically in the morning, sometimes more on weekends, and skip a day here and there.
I've noticed positive effects related to depression, anxiety, learned helplessness and ruminating on. I've got a few posts in this thread and in another Metergoline thread (I think it's called long term experiences with lisuride and Metergoline or somesuch) that have some more detail.
I haven't taken it long enough to know if there's withdrawal issues, but my dose is quite low and I do try to take some days off sporadically. It seems like Metergoline has the fewest reported issues with withdrawl or side effects among this class of drug, as mentioned in various posts on this thread.
If you haven't already, I highly suggest reading through this entire thread and the few others about Metergoline. It's a lot but there's so much good info there.

goodandevil

Hi,

Transient headaches are normal while adjusting to it, could be when it wears off, maybe not. Constipation is possible on metergoline and may cause anxiety. If side effects are too severe you can try lisuride.

Katty

Gave my rat his first drop of metergoline this morning. Administered it sublingually. Rat reported burning under the tongue for several seconds after it was administered. The burning then dissipated. Wanted to check that this was a normal reaction. I assume the burning was from the ethanol but I didn't think there'd be enough ethanol in 1 drop to cause that reaction in my rat.

am00

Nothing else besides burning?

This is day 3 on Metergoline. Still headaches, brain fog and elevated anxiety. I took second drop minutes ago and 1 drop this morning.

am00

Research subject started with 4 drops of Metergoline. Within 15 minutes subject body felt warmer and a little restless.
Subject needed a change of environment, as subject suffers from high stress/depression.
Metabolism seemed to increase and subject was given 3 coca cola's 355ml to bring for the walk. Outside subjects mood increased some.
15 minutes later on walk subject received 4 more drops. Subject noticed first person they saw looked like Ray Peat. Subject felt it was an interesting coincidence...

Do you still use it? Did you try with lower doses and taking it couple of times a week?

Jing

What would better for depression, aniexty and Increasing libido .. metergoline or lisuride?

am00

This is day 7 on metergoline. I don't have headaches, just migraine-like aura. Anxiety is still the same. OCD increased and I have eye twitching. Also, for the last 3 days, I didn't sleep at all.

3 days on 2 drops in the morning and 1 in evening.

Is there any sense to increase dose? Can I expect improvements soon? Also, if I decide to quit, do I have to taper off?
@haidut @Rick_F

Also, my vision is blurry and I feel demotivated, no energy and I feel choking in chest.

Last edited:

inthedark

This is day 7 on metergoline. I don't have headaches, just migraine-like aura. Anxiety is still the same. OCD increased and I have eye twitching. Also, for the last 3 days, I didn't sleep at all.

3 days on 2 drops in the morning and 1 in evening.

Is there any sense to increase dose? Can I expect improvements soon? Also, if I decide to quit, do I have to taper off?
@haidut @Rick_F

Also, my vision is blurry and I feel demotivated, no energy and I feel choking in chest.

IMO I wouldn't increase dose at least until the adverse effects lessen, also based on my experience taking Metergoline in the evening at first is not good for sleep.

Maybe go down to just the two drops in the AM for a bit. Not sure if you're taking this orally or topically but the effects do differ a little bit so you could try switching that and see how you feel.

I was having trouble with even one drop at first, but seemed to habituate quite well after a week or so. Now I do two every morning, and more if I get a migraine or feel like I need it.

That all said, this is just my experience and it would be good for a few more people to weigh in re: side effects.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals