OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Does anyone know of a reference website that lists out the safety profile of metergoline with regards to human consumption. This is not for me this is to prove to other other people that it is not a dangerous product. Something like examine.com or toxinless.com.

The fact that it has been around for many years and used in many studies should be enough but something concise and with the appearance of "mainstream" authority would be really helpful.

It is approved as a prolactin-lowering drug in Europe. One of the names it is known under in those parts of the world is Contralac. Google it for more info. Not sure if this is enough "proof" of safety but I hope it helps.

Soren

Forum Supporter
It is approved as a prolactin-lowering drug in Europe. One of the names it is known under in those parts of the world is Contralac. Google it for more info. Not sure if this is enough "proof" of safety but I hope it helps.

That is perfect! Thanks Haidut you too @Wagner83

Soren

Forum Supporter
Is there any research to show that metergoline improves efflux of brain serotonin?

Obviously it is a non-specific serotonin antagonist but does this mean it simply blocks the effects of serotonin and the serotonin is still in circulation within the body or does it also assist in serotonin turnover and expulsion?

My concern is that if the action of serotonin is simply opposed but it is still present in the tissue could this create a worse rebound effect when the antagonism of metergoline wears off.

Soren

Forum Supporter
Are there any studies that show the effects of Metergoline and other serotonin antagonists on SERT?

Andman

Any chance this could stop wound healing excessively? Rat was shaving today approx. 1 hour after 4mg dose of metergoline and a few drops vitE. slight cut started bleeding quite a lot and didnt stop for a good two hours :dead:

Soren

Forum Supporter
Any chance this could stop wound healing excessively? Rat was shaving today approx. 1 hour after 4mg dose of metergoline and a few drops vitE. slight cut started bleeding quite a lot and didnt stop for a good two hours :dead:

Don't know about Metergoline but vitamin E can thin the blood.

You might try supplementing with some vitamin K as high doses of vitamin E can deplete Vit K since Vit K is involved in blood clotting taking too much vitamin E without sufficient Vit K can result in excessive bleeding when cut.

Also if you do supplement them try to do it separated by a decent amount of time apart or even on different days as Vitamin E and K share similar transporters/metabolizing enzymes. When high dose Vitamin E is supplemented it may block the transporters/enzymes that are needed to integrate Vitamin K into the tissues.

Last edited:

Andman

been using 8-10 drops kuinone AM and vitE PM for a few weeks, thats why i was so suprised.

gonna quit all rat studies for a few weeks and get some labs done, not feeling good lately

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is there any research to show that metergoline improves efflux of brain serotonin?

Obviously it is a non-specific serotonin antagonist but does this mean it simply blocks the effects of serotonin and the serotonin is still in circulation within the body or does it also assist in serotonin turnover and expulsion?

My concern is that if the action of serotonin is simply opposed but it is still present in the tissue could this create a worse rebound effect when the antagonism of metergoline wears off.

At least one study in the original thread claims metergoline also inhibits serotonin synthesis. I am not sure it specifies a mechanism though.

Progesterone

I am not kidding. Every time my rat takes metergoline, his girlfriend comments that he looks sexier/ more attractive. She's so much nicer to him!

This has been tested 4/5 times now and consistently works.

Something's going on...

Wow, really? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Please break this down further...

Maybe it reduces water weight in the face?

meatbag

I've used this a few days on my rat in a cage. Began with 2 drops and currently using 6. Every time it makes the rat feel exhausted and absolutely need to go to sleep 30 minutes after drinking. For instance last night slept 7.5 hours, took 6 drops around 6 am and then fell asleep another 7 hours. When using cypro the subject often felt drowsy but not this kind of sleepiness.

Also I've noticed improved digestion and more hunger. Haven't noticed anything I would describe as dopamine but maybe higher dosage is required. Hoping the sleepiness goes away after awhile.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I've used this a few days on my rat in a cage. Began with 2 drops and currently using 6. Every time it makes the rat feel exhausted and absolutely need to go to sleep 30 minutes after drinking. For instance last night slept 7.5 hours, took 6 drops around 6 am and then fell asleep another 7 hours. When using cypro the subject often felt drowsy but not this kind of sleepiness.

Also I've noticed improved digestion and more hunger. Haven't noticed anything I would describe as dopamine but maybe higher dosage is required. Hoping the sleepiness goes away after awhile.

Improved digestion is usually a sign of lower serotonin and increased hunger is usually tied to lower cortisol (and thus lower blood sugar). It is common for anti-serotonin chemicals, especially ones with dopaminergic effects, to cause some sleepiness. I think lower cortisol and adrenaline is the main reason.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How does this affect adrenaline hormones? I have a tendency toward high adrenaline, and this seemed to cause some anxiety.

Not much is known about this. If it raises dopamine substantially some of that would overflow into adrenaline eventually as adrenaline is a downstream metabolite.

Lilly

Why 6 drops? That seems too much to me. I saw a lot of people using a lot and I wonder why? I have used it for 5 days 1 drop in the evening. Now I will pause for few weeks. For the first 2 days I was a little sleepy in the afternoon so I took naps. Sleep trough the night was little better. My stress hormones went down a little so I felt calmer and less anxious and tense.feeling of panic subsided also. That is what I wanted and expected to happen to help me trough the stresfull times. After a few days the effect was lower and less noticable so I stopped instead of upping the dose. I did not get hungrier that usual , I even felt less hungry, but my weight wenr up a bit. It could be from the pms too, I cant be sure.

magnilo

Hello folks, i had ordered metergoline about a year ago and gave it a trial. my main reason was correcting what i believe to be a PSSD issue. main components being delayed ejaculation and erectile difficulties.
i also have a bit of a ADD type of personality so i tought it could be interesting. Anyway, in all honesty im not too sure it did a lot in retrospective: but i definitely had more energy, a clearer mind, and was also a bit more angry/paranoid!

i find myself now in a situation where i wish i had given it a more serious trial. also, after discontinuing it, i felt it had benefits lingering for a while.

anyway, besides my small report, i signed up to this forum to ask one question:
do the antifungal properties only apply to the oral route?

i ask this because its been years that i have a bit of suspects concerning the fungal-possibility but have never tried anything in that sense

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Hello folks, i had ordered metergoline about a year ago and gave it a trial. my main reason was correcting what i believe to be a PSSD issue. main components being delayed ejaculation and erectile difficulties.
i also have a bit of a ADD type of personality so i tought it could be interesting. Anyway, in all honesty im not too sure it did a lot in retrospective: but i definitely had more energy, a clearer mind, and was also a bit more angry/paranoid!

i find myself now in a situation where i wish i had given it a more serious trial. also, after discontinuing it, i felt it had benefits lingering for a while.

anyway, besides my small report, i signed up to this forum to ask one question:
do the antifungal properties only apply to the oral route?

i ask this because its been years that i have a bit of suspects concerning the fungal-possibility but have never tried anything in that sense

Thanks for the feedback.

Last edited:

Wagner83

A few people reported anxiety (@Constatine..) :
Psychiatry Online
The references to co2-induced anxiety are intriguing as well given ray's thoughts on it.
An other one about receptors sensitivity:
Delayed obsessive-compulsive disorder symptom exacerbation after a single dose of a serotonin antagonist in fluoxetine-treated but not untreated pa... - PubMed - NCBI

gonna quit all rat studies for a few weeks and get some labs done, not feeling good lately
How are you doing these days ?