IhateFin

Ah glad to hear it's helping. I'm actually taking it for.pssd so also looking for.sexual improvements but yet to see any major results in that regard, I am however only on a two drop dose daily at the moment. How big was your dose?

I did 8 drops orally.
I took it for 3 days straight at that dose but after quitting it for a bit I noticed the slight increase in sexually was still above previous baseline.
I'm thinking maybe this could be due to the serotonin antagonism it had or due to the non dopamimeric reduction in prolactin that it can have.

fkj

I did 8 drops orally.
I took it for 3 days straight at that dose but after quitting it for a bit I noticed the slight increase in sexually was still above previous baseline.
I'm thinking maybe this could be due to the serotonin antagonism it had or due to the non dopamimeric reduction in prolactin that it can have.

Sounds promising, let us know how you are doing in a week or so and whether the improvements have remained.

Quality

Been like 9months since my rat has ordered and tried metergoline twice.
My rat wants to try it again, the little bottle was obviously kept closed and in a dark place without heat, is metergoline prone to degradation?

Also last time my rat had a few red burn like spots on the places where the metergoline was applied (inner elbows and wrists), considering its summer, what other places could it be applied to with still maintaing its effectiveness, im not familiar with DMSO... shed some light people... and ill report back how it went.

Peace

kraken

How is Metergolines effect on Cortisol? I taking it for a couple of days now and begin to experience symptoms resembling low cortisol/hypoglycemia. Extreme fatigue, both mental and physical. Dizzy, aches in joints and general weakness. I experienced the exact same thing with Diamant after a couple of days leading me to believe I might do bad on cortisol-lowering compounds. I do notice some positives on the Metergoline but it's all gone now that these symptoms hit me like a truck. Anyone have a clue whats going on?

Quality

Add a cup of coffee?

Owen B

How is Metergolines effect on Cortisol? I taking it for a couple of days now and begin to experience symptoms resembling low cortisol/hypoglycemia. Extreme fatigue, both mental and physical. Dizzy, aches in joints and general weakness. I experienced the exact same thing with Diamant after a couple of days leading me to believe I might do bad on cortisol-lowering compounds. I do notice some positives on the Metergoline but it's all gone now that these symptoms hit me like a truck. Anyone have a clue whats going on?
I tried metergoline on my rat this AM for the first time and a few hours later got the same response. Low sugar feeling. I'm pretty sure it's about cortisol going up and then driving sugar down. Very energizing at first, though. Maybe the best thing is to combine this with other stress reducing substances like pregnenolone, etc.

Owen B

The "crash" feeling is a lot like a low blood sugar crash. And I keep thinking the crash i get in the PM is from low sugar; and that high cortisol will eventually drive sugar down because it's always trying to mobilize it. But I think it may be cortisol cycling down. a lot of hormones do that in the PM, around 5-6.

But the Metergoline does get cortisol down, so the crash Kraken got on it (and I did as well) is probably more from one's energy reserves being unsupported by thyroid and anti-stress hormones.

I want to make this Metergoline work, so I'm going to add more thyroid in and maybe pick up some StressNon.

Ron J

@haidut
Any idea how much metergoline is needed to counter the potential heart valve problems from daily bromocriptine(1.25mg & 2.5mg)? What about cabergoline 1mg weekly?

Bengt

So metergoline seems to increase anticipatory anxiety but lower other anxieties, like social anxiety? Several of you mentioned that your rats became more social. Maybe a bit like how stimulants in some increase general anxiety but greatly diminishes social anxiety?

I’m thinking of adding metergoline to my rat’s current combo of parnate + nortriptyline + memantine. Does this sound like a good idea? He suffers from anhedonia/emotional blunting/PSSD from prior usage of SSRIs/SNRIs. I think that elevated serotonin levels (from desensitized 5ht1a autoreceptors) are also blunting my rat’s response to the pro-dopaminergic effect of parnate.

It should go fine with parnate because it only interacts with SRIs and indirect sympathomimetic agonists. However, blocking serotonin may with this combo raise dopamine too much, coupled with the NMDA antagonism of memantine there may be a possibility of mania and psychosis. Or am I exaggerating?

Metergoline is a competitive antagonist, right? It would then block the inverse agonism of nortriptyline on 5ht2a/2c. But I would still like to keep nortriptyline for its NRI effect which also blocks the pressor response.

Sorry for the long post.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I didn't know about that!! Overdose? Do you have more info please? Tianeptine is one of my favourite therapeutical drugs.

Powdercity got sued by the parents of a person who died from OD on tianeptine. Google for "powdercity tianeptine".

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
In my experience it was by far the best out of it, lisuride and ritanserin. Just a smooth dopaminergic effect seen on rats, looking less intrusive on activities than adamantane but not as powerful either

My personal experience/opinion as well. Thanks for sharing!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
This stuff is amazing. Two drops oral last night, quiet little Rat Park all night, two more this morning, and today I’ve got a lab full of rats strolling around, cleaning their nests, giving each other high noses, lining up for their turn at backstroking the forced swim test, dudes holding open gates, gals batting little eyelashes. Calm, confident, productive, happy critters.

YMMV, but at least for rats of the geriatric strain who are already squared away with nutrition and other cumulative-toxin-counteracting supplements, the immediate results are highly impressive. Of course, the experiment is still in early days, so time will tell, but things are off to a very good start indeed.

Amazing, thanks for sharing!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Maybe Professor @haidut can chime in ? I think it could be the cascade of less serotonin->less estrogen->more androgens

Somebody posted a study showing strong inverse correlation between homosexuality and ration of androsterone/etiochollanolone. Serotonin is known to lower that ratio, so if the sexual orientation does indeed depend on that ratio anything that opposes serotonin should make a person less interested in the same sex.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
How effective is topical absorption with the SFA esters version?

It should match the DMSO absorption effectiveness but in my experience it takes longer to absorb - 30min to feel the effects when using the new solvent vs. 1min-2min with the DMSO as solvent.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut
Any idea how much metergoline is needed to counter the potential heart valve problems from daily bromocriptine(1.25mg & 2.5mg)? What about cabergoline 1mg weekly?

Typical doses are 3mg - 8mg daily, so I would say use that dose to match a common dose of cabergoline. Bromocriptine is not that dangerous. The fibrosis effects from it have only been seen in much higher doses - 24mg+ daily. Cabergoline is much more dangerous (especially given the longer half life), so I would avoid it if possible.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Metergoline is a competitive antagonist, right?

Yes, it is a competitive antagonist based on the studies I have seen.

denise

From haidut's initial post:
Some other interesting properties include ability to lower cortisol in doses as low as 2mg daily, improve insulin sensitivity in animal models, and act as a potent antidepressant in humans.

denise

I've tried MET a few times over the last 9 months or so but never felt anything, so I gave up. Yesterday, for various reasons, I read through this entire thread again, and I decided I should try it orally (I had tried only topical previously). So this morning I did 4 drops sublingual, and WOW! This feels like Diamant but gentler, I think (at least at this dose). Today is the best I've felt in a while, so I'm going to keep testing.