Yes, and tianeptine and ondansetron have also showed benefit which suggests many other serotonin antagonists should be able to help. So, even using the BCAA/tyrosine combo may help reduce symptoms.
5-HT1D agonists long-term, or 1D antagonists short-term or long-term can help OCD.
Sumatriptan, 5-HT(1D) receptors and obsessive-compulsive disorder. - PubMed - NCBI
Treatment of severe, drug resistant obsessive compulsive disorder with the 5HT1D agonist sumatriptan. - PubMed - NCBI
Recent advances in 5-HT1B/1D receptor antagonists and agonists and their potential therapeutic applications. - PubMed - NCBI

denise

One suggestion I have is to use both Google and the forum search box for searching. Google is a bit better at "guessing" what you are looking for when you don't know the exact keywords. So, you can do a search using Google like this: "site:raypeatforum.com X Y Z...". The X, Y, Z are keyword you want to search for. So, in case it would be "site:raypeatforum.com lisuride histamine" or "site:raypeatforum.com metergoline histamine". There is no quotes when you type this in Google.
That's exactly what I do! I rarely use the forum search anymore.

charlie

Admin
The Law & Order Admin
Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Metergoline is back in stock. Limited batch, but hopefully in a few weeks we will have enough raw material to not run out that easily.

kaybb

One suggestion I have is to use both Google and the forum search box for searching. Google is a bit better at "guessing" what you are looking for when you don't know the exact keywords. So, you can do a search using Google like this: "site:raypeatforum.com X Y Z...". The X, Y, Z are keyword you want to search for. So, in case it would be "site:raypeatforum.com lisuride histamine" or "site:raypeatforum.com metergoline histamine". There is no quotes when you type this in Google.
I want to thank you also! I am mostly frustrated and waste so much time searching in this forum. I will try google!

Dhair

Any problems with this and methylene blue used together to possibly offset the serotonin effects of the latter@haidut?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Any problems with this and methylene blue used together to possibly offset the serotonin effects of the latter@haidut?

I think it would be OK but it's best if you ask a pharmacist as they can actually lookup both chemicals and see both what interactions were reported and are predicted by models.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Im wondering if this product could have candida die off side effects @haidut

Well, the studies I posted in the original thread show it has anti-fungal effect. So, it is possible even though I am not sure what these symptoms of Candida die off look like.

Chris1122

After a week of 2 drops a day, MET has almost cured rat's SSRI-induced depersonalization and sexual dysfunction. However, rat has developed uncontrollable twitches throughout the body, so had to discontinue. These twitches are still present after discontinuation. Is there anything rat can do about it, or is it permanent?

thyrulian

After a week of 2 drops a day, MET has almost cured rat's SSRI-induced depersonalization and sexual dysfunction. However, rat has developed uncontrollable twitches throughout the body, so had to discontinue. These twitches are still present after discontinuation. Is there anything rat can do about it, or is it permanent?
Hmm...

Several lines of evidence suggest that dopamine D1 receptor signaling enhances dendritic excitability and glutamatergic signaling in striatonigral MSNs, whereas D2 receptor signaling exerts the opposite effect in striatopallidal MSNs. The functional antagonism between these two major striatal dopamine receptors extends to the regulation of synaptic plasticity. Recent studies, using transgenic mice in which cells express D1 and D2 receptors, have uncovered unappreciated differences between MSNs that shape glutamatergic signaling and the influence of DA on synaptic plasticity. These studies have also shown that long-term alterations in dopamine signaling produce profound and cell-type-specific reshaping of corticostriatal connectivity and function.
D1 and D2 dopamine-receptor modulation of striatal glutamatergic signaling in striatal medium spiny neurons

Well, that's all I got. :shame:

Fetch

Metergoline is easily the best serotonin/dopamine regulating compound I have ever experimented with but it also cause significant eye lid twitching after about 2 weeks of application. It got better in about 3 days but took about 1-2 weeks to stop completely after I discontinued the experiment. In my observations it seemed coffee/caffeine made it significantly worse and to a lesser extent looking at screens, being tired, stressed or any large meal would cause it to pick up a little. I don't have a theory as to why just thought I would let you know I believe your eye twitch will resolve.

Chris1122

It's not just an eye twitch, but a twitch in my hands, feet, and neck, probably due to D2 agonism.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

I would definitely ask a doctor if this persists for more than a few days.

Last edited:

DennisX

When taking metergoline and lisuride simultaneaously isn't the 5-HT1A antagonism of metergoline cancelled out by the lisuride agonism of the 5-HT1A?

If I administer cabergoline, a 5-HT2B agonist and metergoline, a 5-HT2B antagonist simultaneously to my rat, do the two cancel any effect on 5-HT2B ?

Cabergoline has a half life of about 3 days. Would metergoline have to be administered each of the 3 days to eliminate the agonist effect of cab?