Quality

Small update:
2 days after 4 drops of metergoline, rat has not redosed yet!!, rat woke up very very refreshed (might have to do with the fact that rat has taken 0.3mg melatonin before bed).
Rat took his usual ashwagandha on empty stomach, followed by 250mg nicotinamide riboside 15min after, rat had breakfast, sat infront of his bright light box ( felt he didnt even needed it though, but still did), rat got bored of sitting behind his light box and carried on with the day.
Rat feels like he can be himsekf easier (ascribes this to metergoline, not melatonin btw, as the first time and only time so far he used metergoline in the morning he felt on top of his game)
Once again, rat points out that metergoline does NOT feel rewarding and feels it has no abuse potential which is a very good thing, in fact rat did not even feel like redosing yet.
Rat got into an issue with another dog owner, rat felt more confrontational and overly confident and felt like he was not willing to backdown untill he got what he wanted, rat feels this is a powerfull feature of metergoline.
Rat feels this substance is very good for getting things done, rat feels like it shifts the fight and flight response TOWARDS fighting, rat did NOT feel shakiness or anything, but just a dominant/superior response.
Rat does feel it could get him into a fight more easier, rat feels like he isnt looking himself for a fight on this substance, but when confronted he will not walk away.
All in all, rat feels like metergoline has small yet powefull effects, especially on daily stressors/fear responses.
Rat feels like it dampens the perceived potential risks that certain reward might offer (even over small things such as getting your voice heard when you feel left out).

High doses of melatonin actually cause spillover onto the next day thats why its a bad idea of using over 0.5mg melatonin imo.

ast night rat noticed a deepening of voice when rat stayed up till 4am, rat took 0.3mg melatonin around 11pm but decided he did not want to go to sleep yet.
Then at around 3am ish rat kindly asked his dog to move as rat wanted to go for a pee, as he spoke he noticed himself that his voice sounded deeper?? (rat has taken 50mg zinc too that evening on an empty stomach and his magnesium glycinate, which might have something to do with that)
Tonight rat noticed again a voice deepening effect when taking his multi + b50 complex + vit d3 5000iu + 50mg zinc at dinner (before taken melatonin this time)
melatonin is known to alter transcription of aromatase expression by the way.

allblues

Good stuff @Quality.
My subject really agrees with the confidence part, the difference is striking. Also the voice deepening.

Edit; Subject has gone whole weekend now without redosing. No rebound effect like last weekend. Robust feels.

Quality

Really, did you also notice the voice deepening? oO
I thought it might have been the zinc/melatonin/multi vit that rat took.

Rat definatly feels more of a boss on it so far, but has a hard time describing if this is due to the improved sleep from 0.3mg melatonin.
Thought I have to say, on the first day that rat took metergoline in the morning, the effects could be felt within an hour or so, rat definatly feels more dominant on this, not necesarry more provocative, but when confronted rat feels he will not back down no matter what the price he might pay.

Staying up all night gives me deep voice...

Quality

Odd thing is, I could actually HEAR the difference before and after dinner tonight.
Something in my stack with metergoline must be interacting and causing this.
I think the dose of 50mg zinc somehow interacted with something else in my stack, but I have used high doses of zinc before and never really had this.

Highly suspect melatonin though:
Melatonin - does it help you fall asleep? | Examine.com
It was able to suppress Cortisol-Induced Aromatase (cAMP) upregulation.[197] These actions appear to be through activation of the MT1 receptor,[198] secondary to downregulating aromatase-inducing genes.

Then again metergoline makes me feel on top of my game.

Quality

Good stuff @Quality.
My subject really agrees with the confidence part, the difference is striking. Also the voice deepening.

Edit; Subject has gone whole weekend now without redosing. No rebound effect like last weekend. Robust feels.
Rat finds himself being more bold in social situations, Rat feels it might has upped his ego a bit aswell.
Rat admits that he is scared that it will send his confidence/ego through the roof, past experiences of rat is that when life is hardest the reward he gets out of enjoyable things is more intense.
Rat feels life is far more easier on metergoline.

Just relaxing the diaphragm can lower the voice... hormones aren't that quick...

allblues

Yeah i don't think it's a (sex) hormonal thing. Serotonin can tighten airways, no? Cyproheptadine has caused similar voice-deepening before.

Quality

Well im not sure what causes it, but its definatly real.
I'll keep up to date.

vetiver

I feel like I'm getting really awful rebound w this. It's happened to me before on lisuride. My face sags, I look like I've aged 5 yrs and get really bad dark circles. Also bc I can't sleep more than a few hours on it. Been taking high dose niacinamide as well which hasn't helped w hypoglaecmia. Feeling anxious, can't get enough food but not enough appetite. Red light and lysine help so I think it is a serotonin issue. I know niacinamide can be serotonergic in higher doses as well but it's also happened before w/o it, just on metergoline. I wonder if there is some kind of down/upregulation going on.
Really overwhelmed atm, my toenails are yellowing, bloated, can't sleep

Last edited:
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Odd thing is, I could actually HEAR the difference before and after dinner tonight.
Something in my stack with metergoline must be interacting and causing this.
I think the dose of 50mg zinc somehow interacted with something else in my stack, but I have used high doses of zinc before and never really had this.

Highly suspect melatonin though:
Melatonin - does it help you fall asleep? | Examine.com
It was able to suppress Cortisol-Induced Aromatase (cAMP) upregulation.[197] These actions appear to be through activation of the MT1 receptor,[198] secondary to downregulating aromatase-inducing genes.

Then again metergoline makes me feel on top of my game.

Just to clarify, cAMP is not "cortisol induced aromatase" but Cyclic adenosine monophosphate:
Cyclic adenosine monophosphate - Wikipedia

Both cortisol and cAMP can induce aromatase and melatonin blocked both pathways in that study [197]. Unfortunately, melatonin is a pretty potent androgen synthesis inhibitor and lowers basal metabolic rate. So, not something you want to supplement with consistently, and definitely not during the day.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I feel like I'm getting really awful rebound w this. It's happened to me before on lisuride. My face sags, I look like I've aged 5 yrs and get really bad dark circles. Also bc I can't sleep more than a few hours on it. Been taking high dose niacinamide as well which hasn't helped w hypoglaecmia. Feeling anxious, can't get enough food but not enough appetite. Red light and lysine help so I think it is a serotonin issue. I know niacinamide can be serotonergic in higher doses as well but it's also happened before w/o it, just on metergoline. I wonder if there is some kind of down/upregulation going on.
Really overwhelmed atm, my toenails are yellowing, bloated, can't sleep

I would always ask a doctor before any experimentation.

Last edited:

Constatine

@Constatine
@Pointless

Any updates on this?
Mine should be arriving either today or tomorrow.
Sorry for the late reply. It's is fantastic when used at lower doses like 2 -5 drops. It gives me energy, clears my head up, makes me fun loving, seems to slightly increase dopamine levels, and makes working out very enjoyable. However at higher doses it seems to cause anxiety. If you take this with androgens the anxiety side effect should disappear though. At least that is what I have found.

Regina

Just to clarify, cAMP is not "cortisol induced aromatase" but Cyclic adenosine monophosphate:

Both cortisol and cAMP can induce aromatase and melatonin blocked both pathways in that study [197]. Unfortunately, melatonin is a pretty potent androgen synthesis inhibitor and lowers basal metabolic rate. So, not something you want to supplement with consistently, and definitely not during the day.
Haidut,
Do you sleep with any, however dim, light or amber light on to avoid melatonin and stress of darkness????

Regina

Sorry for the late reply. It's is fantastic when used at lower doses like 2 -5 drops. It gives me energy, clears my head up, makes me fun loving, seems to slightly increase dopamine levels, and makes working out very enjoyable. However at higher doses it seems to cause anxiety. If you take this with androgens the anxiety side effect should disappear though. At least that is what I have found.
My experience is the same.
Tonight I paid more attention to dosing my rat. She got 3 drops metergoline and 1 drop androsterone. I dropped her on an aikido mat an hour later and she had a lovely time. All interactions were pleasant. Everyone seemed friendly, connected--even though the techniques have some chew. She is not sore and feels refreshed.
Yeah!

Quality

This quote was taken from examine.com they are a very well known resource tbh.
They mean when cortisol is elevated, aromatase mRNA gets upregulated and this happens through a cyclic AMP dependant pathway ( think forskolin, the best well known cAMP inducer, this also induces aromatase mRNA, look it up! )

And yes I did dose the melatonin at night, it seems to make easier to get through the day, the day after use, but also makes me somewhat indifferent I think ill drop the melatonin tbh.

Last edited:

Quality

My experience is the same.
Tonight I paid more attention to dosing my rat. She got 3 drops metergoline and 1 drop androsterone. I dropped her on an aikido mat an hour later and she had a lovely time. All interactions were pleasant. Everyone seemed friendly, connected--even though the techniques have some chew. She is not sore and feels refreshed.
Yeah!
What about possible sleep issues? You get them when you dose it so late in the day!!!???

Quality

Hey Constatine,
Ive stopped using it for a bit, hows your view on its effects with low dose vs high dose regarding libido.
You mention lower doses make you outgoing and seems to increase your dopamine levels.
My theory would be actually be that at low doses it would only antagonise the autoreceptors, such as 5HT1-autoreceptor (antagonizing this leads to increased serotonin), where as higher doses of metergoline would go pass the autoreceptors aswell and antagonize the other receptors aswell.
Remember im not saying this is how it works, just saying this is also a possibility, low serotonin in some people is also known to increase anxiety/fear, especially people with major depressive disorder ( the ones who suffer from low serotonin to start with ).

I wonder if chronic low dose metergoline ( just enough to keep the autoreceptor antagonized ) would eventually lead to upregulation of the autoreceptor, this would have a huge impact on the quality of life for people suffering from anhedonia/numbness caused by SSRI induced downregulation of the 5ht1a autoreceptor.
Take into account, metergoline affects far more than 5ht1a receptors, the 5ht2a receptor which is also affected by metergoline is reponsible for the hallucogenic effects of LSD, and plays a large role in the perception of environmental triggers.

Last edited:

Quality

Haidut,
Do you sleep with any, however dim, light or amber light on to avoid melatonin and stress of darkness????
Everyone should sleep in a COMPLETELY dark room, no matter what.
Sleep = recharging the battery, production of hormones, brain repair and so on.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals