?METERGOLINE: Dopamine Agonist, Serotonin Antagonist: Experiences Wanted Here!

golder

Not my personal experience but, as topical supplement for someone suffering from hyperprolactinemia (actual clinical condition with super high prolactin), made zero effects on their serum prolactin, as it didn't do nothing.
Oral cabergoline reduce prolactin fast to ultra low levels for this person.
Maybe topically was a really bad way of using it.
Does cabergoline keep the prolactin levels low after you use it though? There are a host of long term side effects from it so it's not worth using long term. Has anyone done bloods after they finished using it?

Gustav3Y

Does cabergoline keep the prolactin levels low after you use it though? There are a host of long term side effects from it so it's not worth using long term. Has anyone done bloods after they finished using it?
Just to be clear, this is a clinical situation for the person, not someone who "feels" their prolactin is too high and would wish it was lower.
What I mean, they have to to take it, it is not recreational, I say this because some seem to want to use it (and other similarly) for potentially relational needs (several orgasms one after another, etc) which is fine.

So probably until the Prolactinoma tumor of the person does not shrink or disappears (proof by MRI compared to initial MRI proof), probably Prolactin will get back high after quitting after some time. Speculation.
All I know that the person quit for a short time due to prescription issues and Prolactin didn't go up (in that short time), the drug was then resumed.

Mauritio

Somewhat agonist effects on the adrenergic system by any chance?
Some other similar drugs are claimed to have some effect of that sort but not powerfully.
As in increasing adrenaline? No ,I know it's not supposed to do that, but just felt like it increased serotonin. ?‍♂️

Gustav3Y

As in increasing adrenaline? No ,I know it's not supposed to do that, but just felt like it increased serotonin. ?‍♂️
I don't know, maybe noradrenaline, some alfa receptors, pure speculation based on other drugs.

Mauritio

I don't know, maybe noradrenaline, some alfa receptors, pure speculation based on other drugs.
From my experience that feels different. But it was a long time ago...

Andman

just something i stumbled upon by accident - 1 drop of metergoline + 1-2 drops of cypro (both idealabs) knocks me out for easily 10+ hours of sleep

neither does the same by itself, so it seems to be the combination - and i usually sleep 6-7 hours at most, if that

LadyRae

just something i stumbled upon by accident - 1 drop of metergoline + 1-2 drops of cypro (both idealabs) knocks me out for easily 10+ hours of sleep

neither does the same by itself, so it seems to be the combination - and i usually sleep 6-7 hours at most, if that
I believe it! Even 5 drops of Metergoline will relax me mid afternoon if I want to take a nap...

LadyRae

funny thing is, it used to do the opposite to me when i started experimenting with it in ~2017
Well that makes sense too. At that time you were probably not in a higher metabolic space which means your body wasn't able to have the energy to rest. It seems that when people are metabolically healthy, and there aren't as many stress hormones circulating around, they can rest more and then have more energy when it's needed

I used metergoline, pharma source, nothing interesting to report. Music seemed to be more pleasurable on it.

tankasnowgod

Does cabergoline keep the prolactin levels low after you use it though?
I've read some case reports that prolactinomas shrink after several months/years of cabergoline use, so it's possible. I'm sure it would depend on a host of factors.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter
I love Metergoline. 5 drops under my tongue leaves me relaxed, slows breathing, and I feel warm and cozy. My favorite time to take it is mid-afternoon before a nap. I've not experimented with taking it at bedtime because I'm always tired then, anyway.

After the nap, or even just a period of quiet with my feet up, I feel focused and energetic once again. It doesn't knock you out or leave you groggy.
Lady Rae,
Did you ever take metergoline with oxidal?
Wondering if they go together.
I have taken 1 drop of metergoline in the morning, no bad side effects so far.
Just trying to reduce serotonin, and to sleep better.

AinmAnseo

Forum Supporter

Is this still working for you?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals