Metals And Androgenic Alopecia. More To It?

GorillaHead

I wanted to bring about a discussion on the topic of androgenic alopecia and its relation to metal metabolism in the human body.

This image of a very young boy suffering from menkes disease seems to be suffering male pattern baldness.

many children do not survive long to see this condition present itself to this level but it is noted that children have kinky hair almost like pubic hair.

Menkes disease is related to copper and its build up in the brain and liver but defecient in other areas. there have been users who advocated copper for Hairloss in the past. There is even literature that seems to imply that copper is at play.

but its clear its more than just about copper supplementation. There is some dysregulation going on. A while back some doctor tried to sell people copper peptides claiming it was the all cure but no literature nor results materialized it seems. nevertheless I think going back to basics and reexamining metals may be very important.

copper needs cueroplasmin to be active and
And i believe androgens actually lower cueroplasmin. Less copper being shuttled into the cell. Of course this wouldnt explain as we get older androgens decrease. Theres something to copper.

any insight? Thoughts?

Attachments

• 6B7A7B5F-72AA-4FE3-BA10-CDA514A5F926.jpeg
    6B7A7B5F-72AA-4FE3-BA10-CDA514A5F926.jpeg
    18.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

ivy

I've been thinking about metals a lot lately, especially since reading discussions on greying vs thinning. I've suffered from AGA since my late teens and at 39, I can positively say that I have one, maybe two white hairs. The thickest hair in my head (nape area) is as dark as it was when I was a child. The top hair easily goes reddish. My growth is fast, but the shedding of perfectly good hair is beyond belief. Shedding, not breakage, even at shoulder length.

How does one diagnose and fix a copper imbalance Peat style, though? Because I've seen it mentioned in other health endeavours such as mineral balancing.
By the way, have you seen this? The High Copper Personality?

Ableton

Idk anything but bringing up my anecdote again that early greying basically means zero hairloss

BrianF

I know many men who have displayed grey hair at a young age and still went on to lise their hair. Ive seen it happening even at the same time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals