Metallothioneine - is this causing my copper and zinc issue ?

Motif

Metallothionein is crucial for safe intracellular copper storage and cell survival at normal and supra-physiological exposure levels.

Metallothionein is crucial for safe intracellular copper storage and cell survival at normal and supra-physiological exposure levels.“​

Any ideas how to find out if this is my issue and what to do if so?

@Amazoniac

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

Nac, glutathione, selenium and histidine should help somebody said.
Opinions on this ?

OP
M

Motif

Metallothionein gene expression is induced by a high variety of stimuli, as metal exposure, oxidative stress, glucocorticoids, Vitamin D, hydric stress, fasting, exercise, etc. The level of the response to these inducers depends on the MT gene. MT genes present in their promoters specific sequences for the regulation of the expression, elements as metal response elements (MRE), glucocorticoid response elements (GRE), GC-rich boxes, basal level elements (BLE), and thyroid response elements (TRE).[2

@Steven Bussinger
@LeeLemonoil
@Perry Staltic
@cedric
@Michael Mohn
@Max23
@Razvan
@magnesiumania
do you guys have any idea?

Last edited:
OP
M

Motif

Ok, first try to take l histidine.
Crazy histamine symptoms now. Damn.

OP
M

Motif

@SamuraiJack

hi! Selenium + Nac. How much of it would you take ?

I’m not sure if I can tolerate nac. There might be a good chance that I started it years ago and did get histamine symptoms from that too

SamuraiJack

I couldn't tolerate it a few years back due to all the toxic metals it would re-circulate in my system due to the detox. You might heavy metal toxic and this is may very well interfere with your copper/zinc status as well as pretty much most of the helpful minerals.

I couldn't tolerate iodine or selenium for the very same reasons. Took a while of heavy metal detoxing to heal. I would check out supermandiet.com and read his story. And a hair mineral test done to check levels of all your minerals/heavy metals.

Had many vaccines and or amalgam fillings?

If you are heavy metal toxic (which by the sounds of it you are), this is an absolute priority.

OP
M

Motif

I couldn't tolerate it a few years back due to all the toxic metals it would re-circulate in my system due to the detox. You might heavy metal toxic and this is may very well interfere with your copper/zinc status as well as pretty much most of the helpful minerals.

I couldn't tolerate iodine or selenium for the very same reasons. Took a while of heavy metal detoxing to heal. I would check out supermandiet.com and read his story. And a hair mineral test done to check levels of all your minerals/heavy metals.

If you are heavy metal toxic (which by the sounds of it you are), this is an absolute priority.
I just checked heavy metals in blood and it was fine. I know some say it’s not a good indicator though.

I have no fillings and not too many vaccines. Just the most important one.

i somewhere posted an older hair mineral test of mine here. Have to look for it; but need sleep now first.

maybe really my liver is the culprit for all this , cause I got Gilbert syndrome and bad fat digestion:

Perry Staltic

I don't know about Cu, but metallothionein is the transporter protein for Zn. Zn remains bound to metallothionein and bio-unavailable if there is not sufficient selenium to release it.

tommyg130

How

How did
You detox! It’s ironic You said you couldn’t handle selenium nac etc.. When those are two potent detoxifiers for the metals ? What did
You use ?