Metabolism testing via Breathing & Respiratory rate

Doludolu

Metabolism testing via Breathing & Respiratory rate

You can check your metabolic state via pH index by monitoring your breathing & respiratory rate and making a calculation.

į RP forumą.png

pH index 6-9 = healthy human ; metabolic flexibility [able to oxidize glucose & fatty acids for energy]

pH lower than 6 or in the minus zone = 3, -1 ; -8, -16.8 all are KETOGENIC / alkalosis imbalances. Most of energy is generated from fatty acids. Stress metabolism.

pH greater than 9 or more = 9.5 ; 11 ; 21 ; 33 all are GLUCOGENIC / acidosis imbalances. Most of energy is generated from carbohydrates. In excess skin, hormonal, metabolic problems, blood sugar handling problems, hyperinsulinemia.

Do the Test and write down your results ( pH index ) !!!
Additionally, write down:
• What are your past experiences with other diets [low carb, Keto]
• How long you've been Peating ?
• Supplements used to promote fatty acid oxidation // glucose oxidation ?
• Health problems / diseases / stress level ?
• General metabolic feeling throughout the day ?

My pH index is currently in the DEEP minus state - ketogenic / alkalosis / stress metabolic state - as I've been living quite a stressful life for past years, did too much fasting , wasn't eating enough, had health challenges. Did several KETO "sessions". Last months been on Keto & Carnivore. Now will start shifting back to more of a Bioenergetic nutrition approach and will start increasing carbohydrates in my diet.

pH = 5 - (143/5) = 5 - 28.6 = - 23.6 (pH)

Will add more high intensity exercise, aspirin, B vitamins, NDT, more caffeine [how much I can handle], optimize circadian rhythms, increase carbohydrates slowly [for adjustment] --- to increase my glucose oxidation

By the way, as you change your diet say from Keto to Paleo ; then from Paleo to Bioenergetic / Peat type ; the pH index should change too (more towards glucose oxidation). Or if you're already in excess and goal is to improve insulin sensitivity - the pH would lower down from let's say - 16 to something like 8-9 , gradually.

This index should also change little bit seasonally [fall-winter-spring-summer] as our inner circadian clocks and diets change together with Nature.

yerrag

You seem to lack some key details. Where is the formula? Where did the value 143 come from, to begin with?

Last edited:
OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

You seem to lack some key details. Where is the formula? What did the value 143 come from, to begin with?
Clarifying this now -- Quick instructions:
Breathing rate - we count our full inhale + exhale as 1 breath [ so times per minute] ; then you count your Respiratory rate - you inhale and then hold your breath for as long as you can , then divide that number by 5 --- afterwards you do the calculation = Breathing rate MINUS Respiratory rate. And you get the pH index
?

Tim Lundeen

Is there a web page somewhere? Not following this at all, would like more info where this comes from, what the basis for it is.

yerrag

Relying on breathing rate, and urine pH, and saliva pH - gives one more information to work with than just relying on one or two of them. Until recently, I was relying only on urine pH. That gave me a false sense of my acid-base balance. Actually even caused me to urinate a lot, but since I was using a wrong basis, I was allowing the urination to happen. I came across a website which taught me about using all three of them.

Educational Selections | Biomedx

Skim thru its blogs. There's quite a few that talks about urine, saliva, and breathing rate. Plus other good stuff. A good find for me.

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

Relying on breathing rate, and urine pH, and saliva pH - gives one more information to work with than just relying on one or two of them. Until recently, I was relying only on urine pH. That gave me a false sense of my acid-base balance. Actually even caused me to urinate a lot, but since I was using a wrong basis, I was allowing the urination to happen. I came across a website which taught me about using all three of them.

Educational Selections | Biomedx

Skim thru its blogs. There's quite a few that talks about urine, saliva, and breathing rate. Plus other good stuff. A good find for me.
Nice, will check into that. Could you define a little bit how each of the biomonitoring markers interplay and how you can make conclusions connecting the dots between them ? Also what do you think about blood glucose monitoring I'm thinking to buy that too.

yerrag

This blog directly relates to using breathing rate, and urine and saliva pH to getting a feel of your body's acid-base balance:

On metabolic alkalosis: Metabolic Alkalosis
On metabolic acidosis: Metabolic Acidosis

This one is a bit more deep, got my head spinning, but I came out alive: Biological Terrain 1

The above should answer your first question much better than I can ever attempt to do.

As for blood glucose monitoring, I use 5hr OGTT (you can search it and you'll see some of my posts on it, with graphs) and I do with myself with blood glucose meters used by diabetics. Before buying something fancy that sticks something subdermally to do a realtime BG monitoring, I suggest trying the 5hr OGTT first. I've found it suitable for my needs and very helpful in helping me troubleshoot blood sugar regulation issues as well as blood sugar metabolism issues. I personally feel it's knowing how to use data that's more important than having a lot of data. For me, the data I get from a limited sampling is enough for me to analyze well any blood sugar regulation/metabolism issues.

OP
Doludolu

Doludolu

This blog directly relates to using breathing rate, and urine and saliva pH to getting a feel of your body's acid-base balance:

On metabolic alkalosis: Metabolic Alkalosis
On metabolic acidosis: Metabolic Acidosis

This one is a bit more deep, got my head spinning, but I came out alive: Biological Terrain 1

The above should answer your first question much better than I can ever attempt to do.

As for blood glucose monitoring, I use 5hr OGTT (you can search it and you'll see some of my posts on it, with graphs) and I do with myself with blood glucose meters used by diabetics. Before buying something fancy that sticks something subdermally to do a realtime BG monitoring, I suggest trying the 5hr OGTT first. I've found it suitable for my needs and very helpful in helping me troubleshoot blood sugar regulation issues as well as blood sugar metabolism issues. I personally feel it's knowing how to use data that's more important than having a lot of data. For me, the data I get from a limited sampling is enough for me to analyze well any blood sugar regulation/metabolism issues.
THank you , I put this into my resources for future - now is not the right time, but I will look into when time comes. Seems like this is very important, going from discussing things to actual data which can be very different from what you think you know, or science or any health guru says you :D

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals