Metabolism Baby/toddler

Redshine

I dont't know if this in de right forum because I'm also asking for a little help and ad advise.

My son is now 13 months old, during pregnancy till about 12 months old I fed him de Weston Price way so I gave him no sugar and little fruit. The fish oil/cod liver oil I tried to give but he reacted bad on that(a little rash) so fortunally he didn't get it a lot. I tought he could't handle cow milk because he had those puffy eyes so he drank goat milk. He looked a lot better but still not 100%. I really think his metabolism is low and thats why he has puffy eyes and I thought he couldnt handle the cow milk. I slowly start switching to a bit more the ray peat way and give him more fruit in between meals and milk. Are ther people having experience with this ? Now he is over a year old I started to give cow milk btw

About a month ago we went to the clinic (a routine appointment for children) and I said he always has those puffy eyes they didnt take me really seriously and said he just could be tired. Sould I just wait and give him time to adjust and see what the fruit will do to him ? Since he eats it a bit more he is pooping alot better ☺️

I think Ray Peat would think breastfeeding is the best. But if someone has Peat's email, perhaps they could kindly ask him what food would be best for a baby, if the mother is unable to breastfeed for some reason.

Here is one discussion I found in one of Peat's interviews (Source: Ray Peat ):

Caller: Dr. Peat, I’ve got a question regarding newborns. Okay, so the World Health Organization actually advocates a four-year breastfeeding for newborn babies and I think that’s awesome. I think current trends, unfortunately, not in all population, but current trends certainly in city dwellers, who are just too busy to have children, wean them as quick as possible and feed them as soon as possible, just so that they are kind of independent. I know that you definitely don’t advocate that and for very good reasons. So what do you think would be the best possible start for a newborn in terms of nutrition?

RAY PEAT: Well, breastfeeding naturally, but with the mother well fed and happy and unstressed because when the mother is under stress or not properly nourished, the composition of the milk shows it. And good milk contains a lot of blood sugar converted into the lactose of the milk, and hormones, some thyroid, and progesterone, and a lot of immune factors. So even if a baby has an endocrine problem, as long as it’s getting good milk, something like hypothyroidism often doesn’t show up just because the milk is so rich in these protective factors.

OP
Redshine

Redshine

I tried giving him breastfeeding but I didnt gave enough so he was hungry. I agree breastmilk is the best milk for an baby. But he is now over a year old so he needs different kind of foods (than just cow milk) . I give him milk (grass fed), fruits, meat, shrimps and potatoes,he prefers sweet potatoes over yellow ones. Ricepasta with butter and cheese and a tiny bit of oj, not every day but so once a while and vit D drops as supplement (its recommendend because we live in Holland) My guts say he is doing a little bit beter and give this way of eating some time.

But what about omega 3? Everywhere I read it is good for brain development but Ray peat is not a big fan of it. Sould I just continue giving shrimps and seafood so now en then? But really no fat fish?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals