Metabolic Typing. Dr Kelly

Manwithnoname

Have any of you had experience with the metabolic typing diet? Just curious as I was looking into it.

Hans

Forum Supporter
I'm apparently the protein type, but I do better on high carbs. I used to feel cold on liquid carbs, so did best on starches, but now I'm starting to crave more liquid carbs and feel better with sweeter carbs such as fruit, lots of sugar, dried fruit, honey in milk, etc.
When I checked what type I was, it was difficult to decide, because I liked cream and butter and so on, but also fruits and starches. So how could I be a protein type, but still crave the opposite. I was definitely not a mixed type. So the whole thing doesn't really make sense.

Some people seem to have success with it, so at best someone might be a temporary metabolic type. For instance everyone does best on their own set of macro, but most of the time it's never low carb.
I think it's similar to eating according to your blood type...complete bollocks :)

Edit: actually I did initially feel good on a low carb diet, because of less lactate production and eating no endotoxin producing foods. But the side effects do catch up so it's not worth it imo.

Last edited:
OP
M

Manwithnoname

I'm apparently the protein type, but I do better on high carbs. I used to feel cold on liquid carbs, so did best on starches, but now I'm starting to crave more liquid carbs and feel better with sweeter carbs such as fruit, lots of sugar, dried fruit, honey in milk, etc.
When I checked what type I was, it was difficult to decide, because I liked cream and butter and so on, but also fruits and starches. So how could I be a protein type, but still crave the opposite. I was definitely not a mixed type. So the whole thing doesn't really make sense.

Some people seem to have success with it, so at best someone might be a temporary metabolic type. For instance everyone does best on their own set of macro, but most of the time it's never low carb.
I think it's similar to eating according to your blood type...complete bollocks :)

Edit: actually I did initially feel good on a low carb diet, because of less lactate production and eating no endotoxin producing foods. But the side effects do catch up so it's not worth it imo.
Yeah I also felt good on low carb keto diet, tons of energy, but eventually crashed. Some people do well on it like the eskimos. They eat almost all fat and have no health problems compared to our modern civilization.
Anyways what metabolic type test did you do. Did you do this one? I am currently taking it. https://www.drkelley.info/dr-kelleys-metabolic-typing/

Hans

Forum Supporter
I used another questionnaire, but I can't remember where I got it from. I just feel better when I listen to my body, like what foods I crave, when I feel it's the right time of the day to lift, etc. I don't like a routine/regiment, where something classifies you in a certain box and then you can't leave it even if you crave something outside your box.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals