Metabolic Rate of Seeds

J

j.

Ray Peat said:
(R. Criddle and L. Hansen, in Plant, Cell, and Environment, report that a plant's metabolic rate, measured as heat production, can predict its future growth rate. Jerry Barnes, a tree developer in Cottage Grove, Oregon, discovered several years ago that the intensity of the metabolic activity even in seeds can be used to accurately predict the future performance of the tree, cutting many years out of the process of tree improvement . The story of how his work was received at the state university is interesting; he did some quick lab tests on seed provided by the university, and they confirmed that he had correctly chosen the seeds which produced the best trees in their 13 year study, but they simply rejected his result as not conforming to accepted ideas.)

Source: Youth, Energy, and Regeneration, from Generative Energy: Restoring the Wholeness of Life

Very cool information to be placed within parentheses.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Hgreen56 Does Gaba decrease metabolic rate? Diet 0
ecstatichamster Salt Restriction Lowers Metabolic Rate And Increases Fat Articles & Scientific Studies 2
yerrag Why Do We Accept Age As The Defining Factor For Metabolic Rate? Metabolism 3
JanP Could The Caffeine Slow Down Metabolic Rate, When Calories Are Not Abundant? Ask For Help or Advice 1
P Resting Metabolic Rate And Respiratory Quotient In Human Longevity Articles & Scientific Studies 0
schultz Metabolic Rate, Pulse And Yucatan Articles & Scientific Studies 4
P Low Carb Diet , Glycogen Level, Performance,metabolic Rate Articles & Scientific Studies 2
B Confused About The Importance Of A High Metabolic Rate And Pulse Ask For Help or Advice 7
M Is It Impossible To Calculate Basal Metabolic Rate? Weight 1
ShirtTieFitness Temperature And Pulse Tracking Sheet To Monitor Metabolic Rate Blogs 1
Tenacity Does Heat Sensitivity Correlate With Metabolic Rate? Miscellaneous Health Discussions 2
Giraffe Resting Metabolic Rate And Respiratory Quotient In Human Longevity Scientific Studies 0
Ahanu Metabolic Stability Vs Metabolic Rate Metabolism 14
gilson dantas Metabolic Efficiency And Metabolic Rate - Doubt Metabolism 124
D Metabolic Clearance Rate Of Progesterone? Health 3
haidut Propensity For Risky Behavior Determined By Metabolic Rate Scientific Studies 10
mayweatherking The Danger Of Calcium In A Low Metabolic Rate... Is It True? How To Lower Prolactin Then? mayweatherking 4
F Increasing metabolic rate could cause emotional sensitivity? FredSonoma 6
R Advice for the long termers that actually has managed to increase their metabolic rate Metabolism 22
N "Keeping The Metabolic Rate Up Is The Main Thing, And There Are Lots Of Ways To Do It." Health 60
J Yoga Reduces Metabolic Rate. Harmful According To Peat? Meditation, Mindfullness, Religion, Spirituality 8
L Eating for metabolic rate rather than particular foods Diet, Recipes 6
charlie There are now many people who argue that low metabolic rate, Ray Peat Quotes 0
J Metabolic Rate and Lifespan Articles & Scientific Studies 5
G Metabolic Rate: How Much Will It Increase? Health 12
charlie Salt, Energy, Metabolic Rate, And Longevity Articles & Newsletters 0
G Coffee and Metabolic Rate Ray Peat Quotes 0
G Cholesterol is Protective (Statins, Thyroid, Metabolic Rate, Kmud Interview: Oct.10, 2010 - Sugar II [Clipped.I 0
G Sugar Increases Metabolic Rate Kmud Interview: Oct.10, 2010 - Sugar II [Clipped.I 0
G Fructose Benefits (Temperature, Metabolic Rate, Thyroid) Kmud Interview: Oct.10, 2010 - Sugar II [Clipped.I 0
G Drawbacks of Low Carb (Fasting, Metabolic Rate, Cortisol.. Kmud Interview: Oct.10, 2010 - Sugar II [Clipped.I 0
D High salt intake caused metabolic acidosis Metabolism 42
Lokzo Are Spexin levels associated with metabolic syndrome? - PUBMED 2020 Scientific Studies 0
Mito Vitamin D Supplementation Ameliorates Metabolic Dysfunction in Patients with PCOS D 0
A Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is a metabolic disorder Metabolism 55
TopGun1911 Did I permanently alter my metabolic and hormonal function by going on keto for 3 months + fasting? Diet 25
haidut Glaucoma likely a metabolic disease, treatable by pyruvate and/or niacinamide Scientific Studies 2
A Metabolic Side Effects Of Fluoride (a Halogen) Improved With Tamarind Leaf Thyroid and Hormones 0
PaintedPony New Here And Would Welcome Metabolic Advice Metabolism 4
Mito The Metabolic, Neuroprotective Cardioprotective And Antitumor Effects Of The Klotho Protein Articles & Scientific Studies 7
A Hypothyroidism Is Naturally Induced Chemo Therapy. Every Metabolic Stressor Is A Carcinogenic Miscellaneous Health Discussions 14
B Crickets Fed Low Dose Aspirin Live 143% Longer, Have Longer Childhoods And Higher Metabolic Rates Scientific Studies 7
Recoen Metabolic Acidosis - Anion Vs Non Anion Gap Acidity vs. Alkalinity 4
haidut Simple Metabolic Change Sufficient To Turn "normal" Cells Into "cancer" Scientific Studies 3
S My Taste In Music Changes With Metabolic State Ask For Help or Advice 24
meatbag Women’s Egg Quality Dependent On Metabolic Factors Scientific Studies 1
Randle Cyclist Cannabis: Pro Or Anti-metabolic? Alcohol, Tobacco, Drugs 73
noqcks Cancer Is A Metabolic Disease Blogs 5
haidut Mad Cow Disease May Be A Mitochondrial/metabolic Issue Scientific Studies 2
Mito COVID-19 And Metabolic Syndrome – An Association Too DIfficult To Ignore Articles & Scientific Studies 1