Metabolic Rate & Longevity

M

metabolizm

Peat's central premise is that a high metabolic rate will improve chances of longevity.

This is in direct contrast to the mainstream premise. (Just look up "metabolic rate longevity") to get an idea of this.

I'm trying to gather up evidence for the idea that a higher metabolic rate gives us a better chance of a longer life, free of disease. I think we are all implicitly accepting Ray's premise if we are attempting to follow his dietary advice, so I think this is fundamentally important.

Can people please post studies and evidence which has convinced them that Ray is right about this?

Jessie

I don't think there's many studies out here that address the "big picture" questions like this. But Kyle's talk at the ancestral healthy symposium basically and thoroughly debunks pretty much anyone in the low carb sphere. I think it's like 10 years old by now too, lol.

There's also a considerable amount of evidence to show that changes within the organism that are antithetical to metabolism, virtually reduce lifespan in almost every case. Like the increase in cortisol from carb restriction and premature death.

Also if you check out places like the bluezones, they have the longest living people on earth and they eat plenty of carbs and live in high elevation (more CO2).

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGv4JZB2yws