Metabolic conditioning - Crossfit

aquila2009

I just had some crossfitters tell me they were doing metcons or metabolic conditioning workouts with stupid amounts of deadlifts and burpees.

I wanted to say, yeah you’re doing conditioning all right, except the wrong way.

What’s the ray peat way to describe what happens when you push yourself with excessive exercise and why using the phrase metcon is inappropriate?

SamYo123

You also damage ur gait cycle, the most used and important thing to human survival

yerrag

It is that important to have bulging muscles because muscles burn energy at rest?

Why, what's wrong with not having that much muscles but having optimal sugar metabolism?

Won't you still burn off those calories just as easily?

Nomane Euger

It is that important to have bulging muscles because muscles burn energy at rest?

Why, what's wrong with not having that much muscles but having optimal sugar metabolism?

Won't you still burn off those calories just as easily?
from my experience it is not,when i stopped working out for 1 years and more,and my muscles did look flat like a little boi and i weighted 134,482 pounds,(61kilo)and my height is 5,5(1m71),i was eating kilos of fruits a day up to 10kilos,a pound of honey a day,i felt incredible most of the times,i diddnt any characteristics of "suboptimal sugar metabolism"on the contrary,and i didnt gain weight,i had the same weight than when i was "eating" carnivore and working out hard

yerrag

from my experience it is not,when i stopped working out for 1 years and more,and my muscles did look flat like a little boi and i weighted 134,482 pounds,(61kilo)and my height is 5,5(1m71),i was eating kilos of fruits a day up to 10kilos,a pound of honey a day,i felt incredible most of the times,i diddnt any characteristics of "suboptimal sugar metabolism"on the contrary,and i didnt gain weight,i had the same weight than when i was "eating" carnivore and working out hard
My experience has been like that as well. I decided to stop working out nor do any aerobics about 10 years ago. Partly it was to see if I could just be busy doing chores and reading a lot to see if it would be enough for a person like me who has good sugar metabolism to not gain weight or become obese. I just ate on meals and didn't have to resort to intermittent fasting and my eating lifestyle was Peaty.

Another was that I felt working out to take a lot out of my time that I preferred spent reading and indulging on a hobby. I also felt that thinking a lot burns a lot of energy.

I also draw upon my late dad's derisive attitude towards working out back then and he was pretty fit and would laugh at me for allocating time for working out then.

It seems to me that if people weren't hoodwinked by the establishment into eating foods that fatten them without their knowing so and to subject themselves to intentionally unreliable thyroid tests and prescription medication that lower their metabolism, they wouldn't have an overweight and obesity problem. With doctors blaming lack of exercuse as the convenient fall guy, people would sign up for gym memberships and run marathons.

While muscles will burn calories at rest,it is not necessary to have bulging muscles in order to have a normal weight. It's a nice pitch for gyms and for trainers but it's not necessary if people know a thing or two about optimal sugar metabolism.