Mercury chelation

tommyg130

What is with the 7-8 year multiple year detoxes after mercury removal? People reportedly being in awful bed ridden condition for years even after mercury removal?

And doing absurd chelation ? That hardly improves them and gives them insane side effects ? Is this overblown? Do they just have poor health from other factors and are blaming it on the mercury? If you have mercury removed and then just get the metabolism firing and de-stress and maybe donate blood and sweat is that enough?

I think maybe the chelation itself is making them sick by stripping all valuable minerals and if they just focused on minerals and getting metabolism in check/dumping excess iron theyre body would excrete the mercury just fine.

I have 13 fillings and had them removed and don’t feel great , but I’m not sure how would could even attribute it too mercury, but I’m sure as hell not about to start some wild chelation protocol .. thoughts ??

Is mercury really that problematic and hard to detox?

P

Peatness

I don't know the source of this quote - It's from my notes.

Ray Peat on Heavy Metal Detox

"Animal studies showed that chelation can increase metal toxicity to the brain and kidneys. Vitamin C and other acids in orange juice reduce the toxicity of mercury and allow it to be excreted safely. At least for some metals, coffee seems to have a similar effect."

metamorph

Yeah, people who are doing these detoxes can seriously harm themselves as it (heavy metals - mercury) can just get recycled into other areas of the body.

I had 2 mercury fillings crack in my mouth and digested most of it. It was pretty horrific as it led to me being bed-ridden within a few weeks and then an autoimmune condition.

Addressing thyroid/metabolism is obviously an incredibly key to proper, natural detoxification,

KurtisL

Chelation is incredibly easy to screw up and cause more harm than good.
Glutathione or NAC+Glycine, Vitamin C, zinc & magnesium supplements are the most crucial. Mercury leaves the body complexed with glutathione and will bind to it inside any cell. It also leaves the body through bile so making sure you're regular is very important in preventing it being reabsorbed. Spirulina can also act as an adsorbent in the intestine and bind to it, preventing it from being reabsorbed.

Yonebayashian

Before doing any detoxes do lymphatic work so that your toxins actually have a free open pathway to exit your body rather than just recirculating in your system. Just massage your collarbones, then sides of neck, then shoulders, then lower abdomen, then groin crevasses, then backs of knees daily in that order.

Also eat as many raw egg yolks as you can daily. The selenium and enzymes in the yolk will greatly assist you. I prefer to only eat pasture raised eggs.

ChadGPT

I did Andy Cutler chelation and I think it had the biggest positive impact to my health out of everything I tried. I had a heart murmur and my heart rate would go to 170 and I felt terrible. Now it’s normal and they can’t find a murmur anymore.

Grapelander

According to Russell Jaffe tuna fish should not be able to navigate with the amount of mercury in their system.
When examined further it was determined the tuna increased the amount of selenium inside their system.

SELENIUM AND MERCURY CONCENTRATIONS IN FISH

There is a long-running interest in nutrient-toxicant interactions between mercury and selenium (Ganther et al., 1972). Although recent evidence suggests possible synergistic interactions between mercury and selenium for fish development (Penglase et al., 2014), the weight of evidence suggests antagonistic interactions in which selenium mediates mercury toxicokinetics (reviewed in Peterson et al., 2009). Selenomethionine increases mercury elimination in zebrafish (Danio rerio) (Yamashita et al., 2013; Amlund et al., 2015), shrimp (Bjerregaard & Christensen, 2012) and goldfish (Carassius auratus) (Bjerregaard et al., 2012); selenite, and seleno-cysteine also increased mercury elimination in goldfish and shrimp. In humans, dietary organic selenium can increase mercury elimination (Li et al., 2012). Ralston and colleagues report that selenium not only ameliorates the toxic effects of methylmercury by sequestering methylmercury and reducing its bioavailability to organisms, but mercury and selenium may also have physiologically important interactions mediated by other mechanisms (Ralston et al., 2007; Ralston & Raymond, 2010). Based on rat data, Ralston (2008) suggests that where the selenium to mercury molar ratio exceeds 1:1, there is adequate selenium to counter mercury toxicity. However, this has not been clearly demonstrated in humans.

Ascorbate (Vitmamin C) and heavy metal detoxification by Dr Russell Jaffe

Dr Russell Jaffe presents "Rethink Health: Predictive Biomarkers"

IAOMT - International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology

merc.JPG

Last edited:

Liam311

I think mercury detoxification is complex with each individual case being different.

For example, having an APOE4 gene variant may increase the difficulty in getting mercury out of the brain due to this variant having arginine instead of cysteine. With cysteine having the sulphur binding capacity for heavy metals that arginine lacks.

This was the case for me. So experimenting with alpha-lipoic acid similar to the Andrew Cutler protocol was very challenging. Although I believe it can provide results, I ended up concentrating on alternative therapies while improving nutrition, thyroid health, and having 100’s and 100’s of Epsom salt baths. Back then a tiny dose of alpha-lipoic acid would hit me hard whereas now I can take quite large doses with minimal effect (I’ve used this as a test to see where I am at - but I’m not sure I recommend this approach).

To your question is mercury problematic? For me, 100%. And I did need to be proactive in getting it out.

Matestube

What is with the 7-8 year multiple year detoxes after mercury removal? People reportedly being in awful bed ridden condition for years even after mercury removal?

And doing absurd chelation ? That hardly improves them and gives them insane side effects ? Is this overblown? Do they just have poor health from other factors and are blaming it on the mercury? If you have mercury removed and then just get the metabolism firing and de-stress and maybe donate blood and sweat is that enough?

I think maybe the chelation itself is making them sick by stripping all valuable minerals and if they just focused on minerals and getting metabolism in check/dumping excess iron theyre body would excrete the mercury just fine.

I have 13 fillings and had them removed and don’t feel great , but I’m not sure how would could even attribute it too mercury, but I’m sure as hell not about to start some wild chelation protocol .. thoughts ??

Is mercury really that problematic and hard to detox?

Depends with what you chelate.

I was miserable with ALA.
I felt great with OSR.
I felt godly with ALA + OSR combined.

OP
T

tommyg130

I think mercury detoxification is complex with each individual case being different.

For example, having an APOE4 gene variant may increase the difficulty in getting mercury out of the brain due to this variant having arginine instead of cysteine. With cysteine having the sulphur binding capacity for heavy metals that arginine lacks.

This was the case for me. So experimenting with alpha-lipoic acid similar to the Andrew Cutler protocol was very challenging. Although I believe it can provide results, I ended up concentrating on alternative therapies while improving nutrition, thyroid health, and having 100’s and 100’s of Epsom salt baths. Back then a tiny dose of alpha-lipoic acid would hit me hard whereas now I can take quite large doses with minimal effect (I’ve used this as a test to see where I am at - but I’m not sure I recommend this approach).

To your question is mercury problematic? For me, 100%. And I did need to be proactive in getting it out.
Yes I def feel poor. Neurological and mood issues being the main problem.! I feel I need to be proactive as well .

OP
T

tommyg130

I felt great with OSR.
Are these 2 ^ agents that can cause redistribution issues and severe side effects ? What do you think about upping magnesium to displace the harmful metals? Lowering iron, vitamin C, glycine, caffeine

Matestube

Are these 2 ^ agents that can cause redistribution issues and severe side effects ? What do you think about upping magnesium to displace the harmful metals? Lowering iron, vitamin C, glycine, caffeine

ALA causes redistribution.
OSR doesn't.

OP
T

tommyg130

What did you use to chelate since ala wasn’t right for you?

grambo

I felt great with OSR.
What was your dose & dosing schedule for OSR + RS-ALA? I've been taking 300mg OSR once a day with raw cheese for 66 days so far. I just ordered 30 more grams from fandachem. I'd like to add RS-ALA soon.

I'm considering taking OSR with I.V. chelation (DMSA or EDTA). Seems like the quickest way. Thoughts?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals