Mercury Chelation To Reverse/prevent Idiopathic Cardiomyopathy?

Dave Clark

Magnesium has been shown to help detoxify heavy metals.

There's a lot of disinformation about Vit C, chlorella, coriander, germanium, organic silicium, pectin, MSM, chitin, polyphenols, shark liver oil, omegas 3 and 6 able to bind and excrete mercury.
French epidemiologist dr Melet tried them all on live intoxicated patients, and none helped to increase mercury excretion.

But i believe garlic has some merit.

By the way, pectin doesn't cross the intestinal barrier and stays in the digestive tract; how could it bind the mercury in your cells??
I have always read that MCP does get into the bloodstream, that is how it attaches to the galectin-3 molecule regarding cancer prevention.

Ella

Forum Supporter
Sulphur compounds chelate copper, so simply doing a magnesium sulphate bath is enough to deplete copper. DMPS and DMSA which is promoted as the safer alternative, yet I have seen devastating chronic low copper with the use of DMSA. Practitioners are moving away from these to more safer ways of chelating heavy metals. They learnt the hard way after damaging their patients.

Foods are powerful enough to do the job. Coffee, orange juice are mighty potent. I think we should all be aware that taking zinc supplements will lower copper and other minerals. How many know that vitamin B12 is a chelating agent. If you supplement with B12 and strange things happen; maybe you should check your mineral status. It is the only vitamin that contains a metal, a cobalt(II) ion bonded to a porphyrin-like chelating agent.

Chlorophyll is another porphyrin chelate. In chlorophyll, the metal at the center of the chelate is a magnesium ion. Chlorophyll is responsible for the green color of plant leaves, absorbs the light energy that is converted to chemical energy in the process of photosynthesis.

I would look at your diet and remove substances that compete with copper and increase copper rich foods along with nutrient co-factors.

The following link is an excellent resource on copper. As you can see from the list of copper rich foods, liver is a standout. Without liver in the diet and considering all the roles copper has, in tandem with antagonism from other minerals and substances; some effort is required to keep us replete.

http://copperalliance.org.uk/educat...n-resources/copper-essential-for-human-health

The following paper presents the what we know to date. There is still much to learn.

This review examines human studies published since 1990 on relationships between Cu intake, Cu balance, biomarkers of Cu status, and health. It points out several gaps and unresolved issues which make it difficult to assess Cu requirements. Results from balance studies suggest that daily intakes below 0.8 mg/day lead to net Cu losses, while net gains are consistently observed above 2.4 mg/day. However, because of an incomplete collection of losses in all studies, a precise estimation of Cu requirements cannot be derived from available data.

Dietary copper and human health: Current evidence and unresolved issues - ScienceDirect
I would reserve the heavy duty chelators for
industrial accidents or workplace exposure to heavy metals, otherwise food works mighty good.

Copper: What aneurysms, white hair, and wrinkles have in common

Copper deficiency and aneurysms - The Health Moderator

Cardiovascular Disease from Copper Deficiency—A History | The Journal of Nutrition | Oxford Academic

TreasureVibe

Very interesting information so far, thank you everyone who replied to my post.

I think it should be safe. Mercury seems to have a peculiar affinity for thiols, so whatever is not in the filling is likely bound to glutathione or structural cysteine. Succinate doesn't appear to have much affinity for mercury as it can be separated from them using amines. I think electron donors and/or acceptors are more of a risk factor, and just having another metal in the mouth besides mercury—having a different redox potential—is thought to increase Hg²⁺ liberation. Of course pH is also a factor, so keeping the fillings as basic as possible might be a good idea. (And perhaps even coated with lipids such as those found in cheese, chocolate, and coconuts).
This was what I was looking for, thanks Travis.

Sulphur compounds chelate copper, so simply doing a magnesium sulphate bath is enough to deplete copper. DMPS and DMSA which is promoted as the safer alternative, yet I have seen devastating chronic low copper with the use of DMSA. Practitioners are moving away from these to more safer ways of chelating heavy metals. They learnt the hard way after damaging their patients.

Foods are powerful enough to do the job. Coffee, orange juice are mighty potent. I think we should all be aware that taking zinc supplements will lower copper and other minerals. How many know that vitamin B12 is a chelating agent. If you supplement with B12 and strange things happen; maybe you should check your mineral status. It is the only vitamin that contains a metal, a cobalt(II) ion bonded to a porphyrin-like chelating agent.

Chlorophyll is another porphyrin chelate. In chlorophyll, the metal at the center of the chelate is a magnesium ion. Chlorophyll is responsible for the green color of plant leaves, absorbs the light energy that is converted to chemical energy in the process of photosynthesis.

I would look at your diet and remove substances that compete with copper and increase copper rich foods along with nutrient co-factors.

The following link is an excellent resource on copper. As you can see from the list of copper rich foods, liver is a standout. Without liver in the diet and considering all the roles copper has, in tandem with antagonism from other minerals and substances; some effort is required to keep us replete.

Copper Essential for Human Health

The following paper presents the what we know to date. There is still much to learn.

This review examines human studies published since 1990 on relationships between Cu intake, Cu balance, biomarkers of Cu status, and health. It points out several gaps and unresolved issues which make it difficult to assess Cu requirements. Results from balance studies suggest that daily intakes below 0.8 mg/day lead to net Cu losses, while net gains are consistently observed above 2.4 mg/day. However, because of an incomplete collection of losses in all studies, a precise estimation of Cu requirements cannot be derived from available data.

Dietary copper and human health: Current evidence and unresolved issues - ScienceDirect
I would reserve the heavy duty chelators for
industrial accidents or workplace exposure to heavy metals, otherwise food works mighty good.

Copper: What aneurysms, white hair, and wrinkles have in common

Copper deficiency and aneurysms - The Health Moderator

Cardiovascular Disease from Copper Deficiency—A History | The Journal of Nutrition | Oxford Academic
This too I was looking for, thanks Ella. Do you know if DMPS also chelates copper?

Also, everyone, see the following:

• Cilantro has been found to displace heavy metals from deeper stores to connective tissue, where the items listed above can help usher it out of the body (8). This is especially true when used with chelating agents such as DMPS, DMSA, and MSM (9). These items are used by health practitioners and doctors when your levels are high and need to be reduced.
Source: How to Get Mercury Out Of Your System | Goop

This quote cites these 2 studies:
Role of mercury (Hg) in resistant infections & effective treatment of Chlamydia trachomatis and Herpes family viral infections (and potential treat... - PubMed - NCBI (8)
https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/957a/c002e59df5e69605c3d2126cc53ce84f063b.pdf (9)

The second one is by the controversial Dr. Mercola and Dr. Klinghardt.

Is this true about Cilantro?

Last edited:

JacobG

This is where IV chelation is very burdensome. You're looking at 26 sessions, and possibly 52 sessions. How much does a session cost these days? $100? $200? I don't remember how much it costs anymore, as it's been a long time. I'm not arguing against or doubting its effectiveness, as you very well says it as it is. I may very well have to do this in order to fix my lead toxiity.

I'm not seeing much progress with my oral chelation with PectaClear. That's for sure. I'm worried that you would be right in saying there's no other way but to use DMPS, IV or oral. And I'm hoping I could be able to detox the lead in my kidney with a few modications in my protocol with PectaClear.

I'll continue with the twice daily of Pectaclear (on empty stomach), together with Vitamin E, zinc, P5P, NAC, selenomethionine, and B-complex. If there is progress with just these, it is very slow.
But I'm thinking of taking some natural ACE inhibitors, in the form of wakame seaweed, in order to lower my blood pressure, by lessening the constriction of my blood vessels. This would probably undo the body's mechanism of inducing hypoxia, and would lessen the protection I get from uric acid (to protect against lead toxicity). With the reduction in uric acid levels. I would need another anti-oxidant to counter the lead toxicity. I would need to use mega-dosing of Vitamin C, thinking I'll follow this guy on post 99 by @Elderflower j58 : Linus Pauling May Have Been Vindicated - Vitamin C May Treat Cancer

This is how my thinking goes: The lead is trapped in the endothelial cells of the glomerular capillaries because of the constriction of these capillaries. If the constriction is relieved by the ACE inhibitors, the less constricted capillaries will allow for the lead to be chelated out, and be urinated. Because hypoxis is no longer present to induce uric acid production to protect my kidney, Vitamin C would be needed provide that protection, during that time.

I don't know when I can get started on this, but hopefully soon as I have to find some good sources of vitamin C. I just think that I'm not a unique case; many people have lead toxicity, even without the Flint crisis, and they just don't realize it. When they do, and faced with only one option of having to undergo costly IV chelation, they would balk and never do it. This treatment is expensive, and not many people can afford it, and this is never paid for by insurance. It may be that oral chelation with DMPS would be a viable alternative, and it may just be more convenient as well as less costly. Still, the risk with oral chelation is that it's not done under supervision, and many people will skimp on the supplement needed to replenesh the minerals sucked up by the chelating agent, and they will be left with some damage. So I really hope that oral chelation using solutions such as PectaClear, involving modified citrus pectin and alginates, will be effective, even if on a lower order of effectiveness. This type of solution will not leech needed minerals from the body, which is what they mean when they say it's a "gentler" approach.

I don't doubt IV chelation with DMPS, but I want to consider newer forms of treatment. Is a chelation protocol involving PectaClear really unproven? I don't want to throw the developer, Dr. Isaac Eliaz, under the bus just yet. He developed PectaClear, originally known as PectaSol, not long ago, I think maybe around 12 years ago. For a naturopathic solution to be accepted and ingrained takes a long time.
Any updates on modified citrus pectin? I have personally used DMPS + EDTA to get rid of lead and mercury but wonder if there are other methods that work. The whole metal and detox thing is impossible to penetrate as there is no good published research about it...

Dave Clark

The best Hg detox going is NBMI, aka Emeramide {not yet approved as a drug}, founded by Dr. Boyd Haley. Myself, and many other people using NBMI have gained improvements in health once getting Hg out of the picture. There is much to learn about it.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5wKvvhv7SA

There are two FB groups that I know of for further info and learning people's experience using NBMI, and where to find it.

yerrag

Any updates on modified citrus pectin? I have personally used DMPS + EDTA to get rid of lead and mercury but wonder if there are other methods that work. The whole metal and detox thing is impossible to penetrate as there is no good published research about it...
I stopped doing this after I wasn't able to lower my BP. I had thought it was lead toxicity that caused my kidneys to excrete albumin. But I began to doubt that assumption.

The lead I have is likely in my fat tissues, safely tucked away. My naturopathic doctor had to coax the lead out to test for lead toxicity by using a provoked challenge test. So really, the lead is not affecting my high blood pressure.

I've found the real cause of my high BP and lately I've began to see some hope of bringing it down.

Back
Top Bottom