Mercola is now anti-PUFA

yerrag

area51puy

Forum Supporter

Sounds like he was reading off this forum

watch from 22 minutes
Carnivore Paul saladino has probably done more to inform the public on the dangers of PUFAs then anybody. He is way behind people here but about a year ago he started ringing the alarm about pufa and was on the Joe rogan podcast which is the most popular podcast in the world and talked some about the dangers of PUFAs and about the 1 hour and 40 mark and connects PUFAs to lipid peroxidation, to oxidative stress, then to CVD and has talked about pufa dangers on many episodes on his podcast.

mans then mercola started picking up on it along with others in the longevity /keto community.

Rick K

Glad he's on board, but he wasn't specific enough. He was vague in referring to such oils as vegetable oils. Coconut oil is also a vegetable oil.
Perhaps I've been mistaken but isn't coconut a fruit or a drupe and not a veggie?

High_Prob

I’m pretty sure Mercola has always been against Omega 6 pufas. However, he has always supported consumption of Omega 3 pufas and that has not changed.

area51puy

Forum Supporter
I’m pretty sure Mercola has always been against Omega 6 pufas. However, he has always supported consumption of Omega 3 pufas and that has not changed.

View: https://youtu.be/hFfRils4-YA

in this video mercola is with Tucker Goodrich who was like haidut. He was a hedge fund manager and was having health problems and started researching health studies searching for the cause of his health problems and started noticing PUFAs were the problem and has a book coming out about the dangers of PUFAs.

but mercola didn’t realize the dangers of PUFAs and thought it was more of a balance between omega 3 and omega 6 and taking omega 3 to counter balance the omega 6, but in this interview states he was wrong and you need to eliminate PUFAs completely but is almost impossible with PUFAs in all of our processed foods and pigs and chickens being fed corn and soy and raising their pufa content and how farmed fished fed crap caused them to become fat and sick.

so like ddt for mosquitoes and then moving up the food chain and making animals up the food chain sick , we have the same thing going on with PUFAs in the food chain and to be aware of eating farmed raised chicken, pig and with cows not so much because they can saturate the pufa but grass fed is better if possible.

High_Prob

in this video mercola is with Tucker Goodrich who was like haidut. He was a hedge fund manager and was having health problems and started researching health studies searching for the cause of his health problems and started noticing PUFAs were the problem and has a book coming out about the dangers of PUFAs.

but mercola didn’t realize the dangers of PUFAs and thought it was more of a balance between omega 3 and omega 6 and taking omega 3 to counter balance the omega 6, but in this interview states he was wrong and you need to eliminate PUFAs completely but is almost impossible with PUFAs in all of our processed foods and pigs and chickens being fed corn and soy and raising their pufa content and how farmed fished fed crap caused them to become fat and sick.

so like ddt for mosquitoes and then moving up the food chain and making animals up the food chain sick , we have the same thing going on with PUFAs in the food chain and to be aware of eating farmed raised chicken, pig and with cows not so much because they can saturate the pufa but grass fed is better

so like ddt for mosquitoes and then moving up the food chain and making animals up the food chain sick , we have the same thing going on with PUFAs in the food chain and to be aware of eating farmed raised chicken, pig and with cows not so much because they can saturate the pufa but grass fed is better if possible.

Like you said Mercola’s recent realization is that we shouldn’t consume any Linoleic acid (omega 6) at all, even as a means to balance the ratio, since it’s a metabolic poison. However, no where in this interview or anywhere does he ever talk about eliminating omega 3s.

I don’t think either mercola or the dude that he is interviewing realize that omega 3 can be just as metabolically poisonous as Linoleic/omega 6. Mercola loves fish oil...

Last edited:

yerrag

Perhaps I've been mistaken but isn't coconut a fruit or a drupe and not a veggie?
You're not mistaken but the world is easier for most people when you have a binary classification into vegetable and animals fats.

Even the label in refined coconut oil containers says "vegetable oil" in large type and I have to look for the small type where it says coconut oil. I guess the world at large simply thinks veggie oil good animal fats bad.

Rick K

You're not mistaken but the world is easier for most people when you have a binary classification into vegetable and animals fats.

Even the label in refined coconut oil containers says "vegetable oil" in large type and I have to look for the small type where it says coconut oil. I guess the world at large simply thinks veggie oil good animal fats bad.
I wasn't aware of the veggie labeling as sometimes I buy coconut oil but mostly it's MCT oil which is fundamentally the same thing.
I think that limiting things to a binary option for most folks is a bit generous, don't you? ? The fact that grain oil is listed as vegetable oil lumps everything under one convenient category and exonerates one from the untidy process of thinking.

yerrag

I wasn't aware of the veggie labeling as sometimes I buy coconut oil but mostly it's MCT oil which is fundamentally the same thing.
Unless it's for cooking, it's not MCT oil.

I think that limiting things to a binary option for most folks is a bit generous, don't you? ? The fact that grain oil is listed as vegetable oil lumps everything under one convenient category and exonerates one from the untidy process of thinking.
Funny thing, isn't it? We also only can take one headline at a time lol

S-VV

Grifters and hustlers, thats all they are. They don't care how many lives they destroy with their antivital advice and ice sheet thin understanding

reaching

He
Carnivore Paul saladino has probably done more to inform the public on the dangers of PUFAs then anybody. He is way behind people here but about a year ago he started ringing the alarm about pufa and was on the Joe rogan podcast which is the most popular podcast in the world and talked some about the dangers of PUFAs and about the 1 hour and 40 mark and connects PUFAs to lipid peroxidation, to oxidative stress, then to CVD and has talked about pufa dangers on many episodes on his podcast.

mans then mercola started picking up on it along with others in the longevity /keto community.

salad boi started doing it after those carni farm sisters started getting deep into Peat Roddy Blackburn land and he basically hasn’t acknowledged Peat at all even though it surely is the reason why he started his pufa campaign. I might be wrong. A lot of time has passed since then but it was just so obvious when he fraternizes with those girls and they do a one eighty and talk about peat and even interview him and all of a sudden RADICAL SALADINO has his controversial thoughts segments about pufa that sound like he had been reading peat stuff. Anti pufa isn’t unique to peat but it’s just so obvious why he started it.

schultz

"Vegetable" is a culinary classification, not a scientific one. Fruits are distinguished from vegetables in cooking based on taste (for the most part). A tomato is a fruit, as is a cucumber, and several other things, but we called them vegetables.

So what is a veggie? Apparently almost any plant thing that we eat that isn't a fruit. I haven't actually looked up the definition though....

Okay I looked it up and the definition is indeed quite broad.

From dictionary.com - I put in bolds certain parts.

1. any plant whose fruit, seeds, roots, tubers, bulbs, stems, leaves, or flower parts are used as food, as the tomato, bean, beet, potato, onion, asparagus, spinach, or cauliflower.

2. the edible part of such a plant, as the tuber of the potato.

any member of the plant kingdom; plant.

I actually liked my definition better lol.

And suing small time youtubers like Frank Tufano lol