Mercola - Estrogen - HRT -

4peatssake

I don't even know what to say except I got sick reading that.

Mercola said:
In fact, many may not know this, but I was a paid speaker for the drug companies in the mid-80s, promoting the benefits of hormone replacement therapy. This was about 10 years before I converted to natural medicine and 15 years before the landmark studies showed the serious dangers of standard hormone replacement therapy.

Maybe he is hoping it is true to sooth a guilty conscience. But I doubt it. This is some scary ***t.

Read Ray Peat's articles and posts by Peatarian and Rayser if you want to hear the truth about estrogen and HRT.

Dear God.

Gabriel

1. The publication the mercola article is based on consists of some theoretical mathematical calculations which are based on a sub group analysis of a follow-up publication of one single randomized controlled trial. Yes you read that right.

2. The statements are only made for women in their 50s who had their uterus and ovaries removed, not healthy pre- or postmenopausal women or women with hysterectomy at a later age.

3. In addition the lead author has been paid by a pharmaceutical company that sells hormone replacement therapy patches.

Mittir

Ray Peat commented on this Yale study in his KMUD edema wetness interview.
He mentioned a TV debate where Barbara Seaman debated an Yale professor
on estrogen and she made him look like an "Ignoramus" . RP suspects it is the
Yale and this same guy conduct this meta analysis as an act of revenge since Barbara Seaman died few years ago.

Gabriel

"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it." - Max Planck

Luckily, that transdermal-patch-paid Yale bloke looks pretty old already.