Menstruation

LUH 3417

My period is pretty gentle and I don't have many problems with it besides insomnia and constipation a few days before I begin menstruating. Some peaty interventions are helping.

I am curious as to why it smells differently month to month. I know this sounds weird but I've googled it and found other women experience it too. Some months my period smells exactly like salted caramel. Its a very unique sweet smell. Some months it is more sour and smells exactly like apple cider vinegar. An acupuncturist friend told me the sour smells signals stagnation and liver deficiency, as does old or brown bleeding.

Also, I menstruated on or a few days from the full moon for an entire year, and then my cycle changed slowly to align more with the new moon. I think this is interesting. I would like to know if any other women experience this. I think menstruation tells us a lot about our health and our organ function, but unfortunately i am only finding these tidbits and correlations in Chinese medicine and would really like to learn more about my body and cycle. Ladies, please do share.

Mad

My period is pretty gentle and I don't have many problems with it besides insomnia and constipation a few days before I begin menstruating. Some peaty interventions are helping.

I am curious as to why it smells differently month to month. I know this sounds weird but I've googled it and found other women experience it too. Some months my period smells exactly like salted caramel. Its a very unique sweet smell. Some months it is more sour and smells exactly like apple cider vinegar. An acupuncturist friend told me the sour smells signals stagnation and liver deficiency, as does old or brown bleeding.

Also, I menstruated on or a few days from the full moon for an entire year, and then my cycle changed slowly to align more with the new moon. I think this is interesting. I would like to know if any other women experience this. I think menstruation tells us a lot about our health and our organ function, but unfortunately i am only finding these tidbits and correlations in Chinese medicine and would really like to learn more about my body and cycle. Ladies, please do share.

I agree, sometimes I smell very sweet....the only explanation I could ever come up with was that it was relating to foods I was eating? No real hard evidence there, that was just always what I assumed.

EchoTango

My cycle is also aligned with the moon. When I was younger and more active in public spaces, menstruation aligned with the full moon. Now that I am more of a homebody and older, it aligns with the new moon. The new moon is happening right now.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals