Men’s Experiences With 5-10 Mgs (low Dose)progesterone

Cameron

i would like to see everyones experiences with low dose progesterone. Particularly it’s ability in men to lower aromatase activity. Can this level of anti aromatize increase free t and 5 ar activity in men? Does anyone want to share? Or in most cases is it important to use dhea with low dose progesterone just to be safe? With androgen activity
Progesterone: the forgotten hormone in men? - PubMed - NCBI

OP
Cameron

Cameron

When many of us think of progesterone, we think of it as being a hormone strictly for women. However, men need progesterone too. Progesterone helps to counteract the effects of estrogen on the male body. Not only is progesterone found in males, but men rely on the alleged "female hormone" to preserve their masculinity. In fact, progesterone is a precursor to testosterone - the male sex hormone. As men age and testosterone begins to decline, estrogenlevels steadily rise. As estrogen levels increase, progesterone levels plummet.

Symptoms of low progesterone in men include:
  • Low libido
  • Hair loss
  • Weight gain
  • Fatigue
  • Depression
  • Gynecomastia ("man-boobs")
  • Erectile dysfunction
  • Impotence· Bone loss
  • Muscle loss
In addition, men with low levels of progesterone have a higher risk of developing health conditions, such as osteoporosis, arthritis, prostatism and prostate cancer.

Estrogen dominance
Estrogen dominance is a term coined by hormones expert Dr. John R. Lee, and it describes a condition where a woman (or in this case, man) has more estrogen than progesterone. Even if a man's estrogen levels are low, it is still possible that he will experience symptoms of estrogen dominance. The main cause of estrogen dominance in men is exposure to xenoestrogens and phytoestrogens? which are hormone-mimicking chemicals found in consumer-based products and even in the air we breathe. In addition to environmental factors, other causes of estrogen dominance in men include alcoholism, obesity, chronic stress and glandular dysfunction.

In addition to testing testosterone levels, men should also consider having other hormones tested to get a clearer picture of what's going inside their bodies. This includes estrogen, progesterone, cortisol, DHEA and thyroid hormones. Hormonal balance is like a jig-saw puzzle - without all of the pieces in place, it just doesn't work.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

Does low-dose progesterone increase libido?
Some say yes others say no. The more you use the greater chance it could convert heavily to estrogen and depends likely how stressed your body is in general. In men progesterone seems to be devil in the dosage

baccheion

Wouldn't things like vitamin B5 + C (500 mg : 1g), melatonin, vitamin A, vitamin D3 (shifts balance from DHEA to progesterone), vitamin E, vitamin B6, iodine/iodide, etc increase progesterone or have progesterone-like actions? Progesterone isn't usually that hard to indirectly raise (to sufficiency).

Tenacity

Some say yes others say no. The more you use the greater chance it could convert heavily to estrogen and depends likely how stressed your body is in general. In men progesterone seems to be devil in the dosage

Progesterone doesn't convert to estrogen, it just lowers androgens in certain dosages.

Beastmode

3 drops of Progest-E has a noticeable effect on me. Mostly anti-stress and anti-inflammatory . I have a strong libido already (40 year old male) so if anything, it enhances it a bit.

Arnold Grape

i would like to see everyones experiences with low dose progesterone. Particularly it’s ability in men to lower aromatase activity. Can this level of anti aromatize increase free t and 5 ar activity in men? Does anyone want to share? Or in most cases is it important to use dhea with low dose progesterone just to be safe? With androgen activity
Progesterone: the forgotten hormone in men? - PubMed - NCBI
My experience with low dose prog (i.e. protest-e @ 1 drop daily) is that it will decrease estrogen, and over time its cumulative effect will reduce androgens, significantly. My advice is to use this periodically to reduce e-symptoms, when your e is somewhat low to combat stressful situations.

If you want an idea of what progesterone will do, I would suggest taking aspirin in hefty doses, 1 x daily. Additionally, I would only do this if your situation is somewhat dire, and you are pre cancer or overweight or have eaten horribly for the last five years. Alternatively, if you pay a modicum of attention to your diet and are somewhat healthy, it will probably be advantageous to steer clear of these things.

opethfeldt

I echo what has been said many times on this forum. Prog is awesome but it needs to be balanced out with something androgenic. It does seem to lower androgens but if you're taking something androgenic with it the net effect will probably be very androgenic because of the anti estrogen effect of prog. Unfortunately, DHEA doesn't seem to be enough for me personally. It helps but I still get penis shrinkage and reduced beard growth with long term use of prog, at any dosage. I'm sure if I had access to test or DHT, it would be a different story.

OP
Cameron

Cameron

There is an oral testosterone only in Europe. Has anyone had experience with a non ester testosterone?

sebastian_r

Kills my sex drive / ED even on small dose. Not a hormone any men should take without supplementing T or DHT.

Just fantastic. I take it daily with maybe 5mg or so of DHEA, topically, and vitamin K2 MK4.

I bring it with me on trips and hiking and so forth.

It is the best thing if you have a bug bite or pain somewhere.

Okay — so when I started this journey it made my penis numb. I think that we have to flush estrogen from our tissues with it first.

Now it just increases everything — libido, but in a smooth and good way not a horny uncomfortable way. And just evens things out. It is really my most important supplement next to K2 MK4.

MeatOrchid

One whole dropper full on the forearms and I’m out like a light.
I envy you!
I don't get anything to improve my sleep. I just tried Clonazepam and it works great, but I know it is addictive and won't take it.
I have used Progestelle on my chest and will try on the arms.

My night rumminations are powerful, peak oil, the worlds destruction by technology and commodity culture, the empty shallowness of modern values.

baccheion

I envy you!
I don't get anything to improve my sleep. I just tried Clonazepam and it works great, but I know it is addictive and won't take it.
I have used Progestelle on my chest and will try on the arms.

My night rumminations are powerful, peak oil, the worlds destruction by technology and commodity culture, the empty shallowness of modern values.
Ever tried honey + salt before bed? Or ZMA? Sounds like high adrenaline?

MeatOrchid

Ever tried honey + salt before bed? Or ZMA? Sounds like high adrenaline?
Thanks for that advice. I will try it. 5g of salt with 20 of honey?

Edit: It seems that 35 grams of honey and 6 grams of salt is the mixture.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2019-09-13 at 7.45.13 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2019-09-13 at 7.45.13 PM.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 14
Last edited: