Menopause Is Associated With Accelerated Lung Function Decline

http://www.atsjournals.org/doi/abs/10.1164/rccm.201605-0968OC

Going through the menopause impacts the lungs the same way as smoking 20 cigarettes a day for a decade, scientists claim.
Experts say the change accelerates the decline in the lungs' ability to expand and expel air.
This could make middle-aged women who have come to the end of their menstrual cycle suffer from a shortness of breath and fatigue.

Norwegian researchers looked at the forced vital capacity (FVC) - a measure of lung size - in 1,438 women aged between 25 and 48.
They also assessed the forced expiratory volume in one second (FEV1) - how much air can be exhaled in one second.
All of the participants had not yet began the menopause and were followed over the next 20 years.
They found both measures of the lungs' ability to function reduced in women going through the menopause, more so than what was expected.

Regina

http://www.atsjournals.org/doi/abs/10.1164/rccm.201605-0968OC

Going through the menopause impacts the lungs the same way as smoking 20 cigarettes a day for a decade, scientists claim.
Experts say the change accelerates the decline in the lungs' ability to expand and expel air.
This could make middle-aged women who have come to the end of their menstrual cycle suffer from a shortness of breath and fatigue.

Norwegian researchers looked at the forced vital capacity (FVC) - a measure of lung size - in 1,438 women aged between 25 and 48.
They also assessed the forced expiratory volume in one second (FEV1) - how much air can be exhaled in one second.
All of the participants had not yet began the menopause and were followed over the next 20 years.
They found both measures of the lungs' ability to function reduced in women going through the menopause, more so than what was expected.
I could hear myself wheezing a little bit on the mat tonight on the exhale during the pins. Okay, so I have an excuse.
How do I "upgrade" "biohack" and "bulletproof" my menopausal lungs? :smug

OP
S
I could hear myself wheezing a little bit on the mat tonight on the exhale during the pins. Okay, so I have an excuse.
How do I "upgrade" "biohack" and "bulletproof" my menopausal lungs? :smug

I don't know... maybe an air ionizer. There are some Ray Peat quotes about the lungs. Also a Bulletproof sticker on your chest (they come with the coffee when you order it).

Regina

I don't know... maybe an air ionizer. There are some Ray Peat quotes about the lungs. Also a Bulletproof sticker on your chest (they come with the coffee when you order it).
But I have so much hair on my chest.
Good reminder about the air. I'm having construction in my house and now the heating system is on 24/7. Quite a horrible environment.

OP
S
But I have so much hair on my chest.
Good reminder about the air. I'm having construction in my house and now the heating system is on 24/7. Quite a horrible environment.

The ions are supposed to "destroy serotonin". I'd be interested in knowing his favorite humidity level, though.

OP
S
Oh, very interesting.
It's so dry in my house all winter, you could crack a picture frame.

Well I'd sooner invest in a humidifier than a ionizer myself.