Menopause And Dr John Lee

M

marikay

Hi again @Louisa.

Ray suggests taking your temperature (under the arm is best) in the morning when you first wake up and then again an hour or so after breakfast. This can give you a good indication (without blood tests) how well your thyroid (or thyroid medication) is working. Your temperature should go up after breakfast. If it goes down then you are likely running high on stress hormones and that is not good.

Ray also suggests (and this is the one I follow) that you measure your pulse several times throughout the day. Heart rate should be in the mid-80's during the day (lower of course when you first wake up and before you go to bed).

With a T4 and T3 combo I can usually sustain an 80 bpm heart rate during the day. But when I tried T4 only, my heart rate never got above 68, even when I followed all the other advice on this forum and on Ray's website. In fact, I do better with no thyroid medication at all than with T4 only.

I know this can seem overwhelming at first but the T3 is an important part of the equation if you are going to take a thyroid medication.

There are several T3 only sources listed on this site that don't require a prescription. I get my t4/t3 combo from farmaciasdelnino.mx in Mexico (Novotiral) and I subsidize that with some T3 peptide. I'm pretty sure both farmaciasdelnino and the peptide companies mail to the UK and you don't need a prescription.

And I'm going to try @haidut's TyroMix when my current supply runs out.

Glad to hear the cream is working for you.

Post more when you can. Cheers

OP
L

Louisa

I was on T3 2 years ago and it made no difference to me whatsoever. What is right and works for one person doesn't necessarily work or is right for another person.

M

marikay

I was on T3 2 years ago and it made no difference to me whatsoever. What is right and works for one person doesn't necessarily work or is right for another person.

I agree. That is why I usually write only of my own experience. From your earlier posts I was under the impression that you were new to Ray Peat and therefore might appreciate a quick summary of what I have learned since finding Peat. Sorry if I over posted. Of course you'll do what works best for you.

Cheers.

OP
L

Louisa

I agree. That is why I usually write only of my own experience. From your earlier posts I was under the impression that you were new to Ray Peat and therefore might appreciate a quick summary of what I have learned since finding Peat. Sorry if I over posted. Of course you'll do what works best for you.

Cheers.

Yes marikay, I am new to Ray Peat, however I am very familiar with Izabella Wentz, I have her book and Dr Barry Durrant Peatfield, I have his book too. It has taken me 8 years to finally get balanced both with my meds and my thyroid levels.

OP
L

Louisa

Well everyone I have now finished Dr Lee's book. I am now on probiotics and organic food. I have bought two more copies of his book to give to my nieces, yes they are only in their 20's but forewarned is forearmed, so to speak. However they will find the section on organic food/gardening etc, probiotics and household chemicals interesting!

I am going to read the book again as you always notice things you have inadvertently missed the first time around, well I do !

I do like this forum, no one is patronising. Everyone may have different opinions but I find that useful as we are all different and so are our bodies ! - mine's weird lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
L

Louisa

Well I've been on probiotics now for 2 weeks. I now have a UTI because of them and I have learnt/been informed that they can cause infections in people with other health issues !!!

NO more probiotics for me, that's for sure !

Last edited by a moderator:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals