Men With Soft Fat Around The Waist

DuggaDugga

I have had soft fat on my body, particularly around my waist, for most of my life. What is this? PUFA?

Even when I have gotten thin, I still allot of this soft fat around my waist. Skinny-fat, is what I believe this is called. I don't think my body wants to use this fat as energy.

How do I get rid of it, and become the lean, chiseled man I was destined to be? Supplements don't seem to work... I think I need to get my body to burn it.

Cortisol is catabolic to muscle and leaders to the accumulation of visceral fat, "skinny fat", or the marathon runner body as I think of it.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8239784
Glucocorticoids and muscle catabolism. - PubMed - NCBI
The contribution of visceral adipose tissue to splanchnic cortisol production in healthy humans. - PubMed - NCBI
Is visceral obesity a physiological adaptation to stress? - PubMed - NCBI

DavePalumbo

I believe so.
but DHT analogs like Exemestane or Primoblan can do better thing I guess.
because both are anabolic and has been using thousand times by bodybuiders for cutting fat.
Primoboblan - A Novel DHT Derivative
Exemestane is not anabolic or androgenic (independent of blocking aromatase) in the dosages it blocks aromatase. You would need to take a dangerously high dosage to get any such effect.

Peater

Aromasin/exemstane made no difference to this particular issue at 25mg a day dose.

sladerunner69

Peater, we need to figure out how to get rid of this. I feel that a real man should not have this. Maybe its hormonal, I have tried so many different things.

Thats why Im thinking maybe it is some type of fat my body does not prefer to use as energy.

If you really want to get rid of it then do a water fast, but your thyroid will hate you for jt

aquaman

If you really want to get rid of it then do a water fast, but your thyroid will hate you for jt

Ray quotes a study where they had people do 1000 calories vs water fast and the water fast lost mostly protein (muscle) weight and the 1000 calorie people lost mostly fat.

Fasting leads to too much cortisol which is the cause of watery belly fat in the first place

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Ray quotes a study where they had people do 1000 calories vs water fast and the water fast lost mostly protein (muscle) weight and the 1000 calorie people lost mostly fat.

Fasting leads to too much cortisol which is the cause of watery belly fat in the first place

This seems like good advice.

sladerunner69

Well regardless of that study I have seen numerous people do water fasts are report MASSIVE fat loss. Yes cortisol will skyrocket while fasting and thyroid will shut down. I don't recommend it, and you will lose muscle, and I would never try it myself again. But you will absolutely lose fat.

Personally I am very muscular, I have been working out, mostly resistance training for years. I am 230 lbs 6'0'' and I can bench press 275x8 times, deep squat 315x10, etc. I am around 13-15% body fat. So very muscular, and when I went on a water fast for two weeks I would say I lost mostly fat, and began to look much drier and leaner and vascular, fast. I lost 10 lbs. I didn't lose any strength but also I didn't gain any strength, where as typically I come back each week doing an extra rep or two.

RedStaR

I think you meant to say, they lost more lean body mass.

In both cases, I would say that they also lost more body fat, and the final body compositional changes were similar. That's what my experience, and readings suggest.

aquaman

I think you meant to say, they lost more lean body mass.

In both cases, I would say that they also lost more body fat, and the final body compositional changes were similar. That's what my experience, and readings suggest.

I'll find the quote, but 99% sure Ray said "mostly"

EDIT:

Ray Peat said:
When people go on extreme diets trying to lose weight, they lose maybe a pound or so the first day, but then they stop losing weight if they're eating much less than 1,000 Calories. Or on a total fast, they will lose nothing but muscle after the first day. That's because after about 12 to 24 hours, your liver has depleted its sugar stores, and at that point it starts turning your muscles and other tissues to sugar, and that would destroy your body very quickly. So the thyroid adapts down under stress, and so the worse the stress is, or the more prolonged, the lower your thyroid gets. And that means that with aging, you tend to have accumulated so many stresses that your thyroid gets chronically depressed, and unless you give it the right signals to bring it back, it just stays there and gets lower and lower.

I actually don't think this is the quote I remember, maybe he also said it on another interview with Herb Doctors

Last edited:

ddjd

Aromasin/exemstane made no difference to this particular issue at 25mg a day dose.
thats annoying. gonadin seems to work though. that reduces cortisol and estrogen. i think the soft belly fat is moreso cortisol

Peater

thats annoying. gonadin seems to work though. that reduces cortisol and estrogen. i think the soft belly fat is moreso cortisol

Cortinon might be worth trying. I'm a week into a bottle. Can't say I've noticed major body comp changes but I'm about to post in the Cortinon thread with some sexual/libido benefit questions

Hairfedup

I'm not expert but I'm pretty sure viscous fat in the lower belly can be eradicated through concentrated and correctly performed lower ab work and sprinting 3 x a week.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals