Men With Soft Fat Around The Waist

cyclops

I have had soft fat on my body, particularly around my waist, for most of my life. What is this? PUFA?

Even when I have gotten thin, I still allot of this soft fat around my waist. Skinny-fat, is what I believe this is called. I don't think my body wants to use this fat as energy.

How do I get rid of it, and become the lean, chiseled man I was destined to be? Supplements don't seem to work... I think I need to get my body to burn it.

Ron J

Several members here reported midriff fat reduction from certain products, like DHT and dopaminergic supplements. And things that lower cortisol in general.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Several members here reported midriff fat reduction from certain products, like DHT and dopaminergic supplements. And things that lower cortisol in general.

Not sure if DHT is doing anything. What dopaminergic supplements?

Peater

Same. Sorry, I've run the gamut of diets and supplements and I've never found a way to get rid of it. The saying that abs are made in the kitchen never worked for me. There's no reason for me to be skinny-fat at all. My face looks lean. Even at 182cm and 74kg some years ago I still had a 'belly', and that was as a gluten free vegan doing HIIT Crossfit and lifting 3 - 4 times a week. Going paleo made no difference other than obviously gaining strength and muscle mass quicker.

My mid section (Belly and sides) has always looked soft and undefined.

Leg and arm muscles reasonable defined.

If you saw me in a T shirt you'd think I was one lean MF. :D

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Same. Sorry, I've run the gamut of diets and supplements and I've never found a way to get rid of it. The saying that abs are made in the kitchen never worked for me. There's no reason for me to be skinny-fat at all. My face looks lean. Even at 182cm and 74kg some years ago I still had a 'belly', and that was as a gluten free vegan doing HIIT Crossfit and lifting 3 - 4 times a week. Going paleo made no difference other than obviously gaining strength and muscle mass quicker.

My mid section (Belly and sides) has always looked soft and undefined.

Leg and arm muscles reasonable defined.

If you saw me in a T shirt you'd think I was one lean MF. :D

Peater, we need to figure out how to get rid of this. I feel that a real man should not have this. Maybe its hormonal, I have tried so many different things.

Thats why Im thinking maybe it is some type of fat my body does not prefer to use as energy.

Ron J

@cyclops The safer ones that don't have a history of causing heart valve problems.
@Peater & OP: Are your hormones balanced? I assume that after following Ray Peat's guidelines, you'd need to lose weight. Both of you have gotten lean(er), but was that before or after Peat and optimal hormone balance?
Edit: So far I've only used Diamant (Adamantane), so I have nothing to compare it to. But Lisuride seems to be safe, and it'll likely be the next dopaminergic supplement that I'll try.

Last edited:
OP
cyclops

cyclops

@cyclops The safer ones that don't have a history of causing heart valve problems.
@Peater & OP: Are your hormones balanced? I assume that after following Ray Peat's guidelines, you'd need to lose weight. Both of you have gotten lean(er), but was that before or after Peat and optimal hormone balance?

I didn't know any caused heart valve problems. If you have a particular supplement in mind that you think is good please let me know.

I think my hormones are balanced. I feel ok. But I haven't gotten any tests done, so I guess I can't know for sure. Ive gotten kind of lean after Peat but I was still skinny-fat. Now is the first time I am eating ultra an low-fat diet though. I am trying to get very lean once and for all. I guess I'll see what happens, but I already feel like my body is not getting rid of the belly fat the way I want to.

Peater

Peater, we need to figure out how to get rid of this. I feel that a real man should not have this. Maybe its hormonal, I have tried so many different things.

Thats why Im thinking maybe it is some type of fat my body does not prefer to use as energy.

I found that androsterone from haidut diminished my appetite and made me warm, so I would start with that.

I've basically accepted that it's genetic, no doubt it would go for fuel if I really needed it to. As I find operating in any real calorie deficit too disruptive to my mind and therefore life, I will just live with it. In slim fit jeans and a tight T shirt no one knows about my doughy secret any way cos my arms are reasonably muscly :D

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I found that androsterone from haidut diminished my appetite and made me warm, so I would start with that.

I've basically accepted that it's genetic, no doubt it would go for fuel if I really needed it to. As I find operating in any real calorie deficit too disruptive to my mind and therefore life, I will just live with it. In slim fit jeans and a tight T shirt no one knows about my doughy secret any way cos my arms are reasonably muscly

Maybe I actually need to fast then. I can be a fat body no longer. I'd like to be able to take my shirt off and then there is no hiding it. I need to get this jelly off me.

OP
cyclops

cyclops

Have you tried 11 Keto DHT?

Yea, that actually did seem to be the only thing that made a real difference, but I wanted to try regular DHT. Not sure how much to take though.

Peater

Have you tried 11 Keto DHT?

It's good stuff but it made no difference to this issue. It filled in the last couple of less dense areas of my facial hair though

I really did think that aspirin and caffeine would get the ball rolling as they're a well known combo in the bodybuilding literature

OP
cyclops

cyclops

It's good stuff but it made no difference to this issue. It filled in the last couple of less dense areas of my facial hair though

Maybe you're right about it not making any difference to the tissue. It seemed to make my stomach flatter and waist smaller, but Im not sure it was actually burning fat.

It always seems to be the last bit of fat for me too. Like I can get pretty lean, but there is always some fat that doesn't want to go.

Peater

That's right, no matter how small the area gets, it's still the same shape and consistency :D I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same thing

Does this also affect your sides?

In a way I'm glad I've tried so much before because it means I'm not another ****head who's gonna say "RP is useless, still doughy FML".

The one thing I do need to be more consistent with is trying my Redlightman device on this area

OP
cyclops

cyclops

That's right, no matter how small the area gets, it's still the same shape and consistency :D I'm pretty sure we're talking about the same thing

Does this also affect your sides?

Of course! I've got love handles for days.

Maybe I should put the DHT directly on the fat. Do you think that will help?

Peater

It might help off set any estrogen being produced by the fat. If my simplistic logic is right, the body obviously struggles to get 'energy' out of that area, so it may struggle to get hormones in.

Of course! I've got love handles for days.

:D:D:D

What height and weight are you bud?

OP
cyclops

cyclops

It might help off set any estrogen being produced by the fat. If my simplistic logic is right, the body obviously struggles to get 'energy' out of that area, so it may struggle to get hormones in.

6'5 240.

I have heard that K2 MK4 and coconut oil topically can help this type of fat.

Like, mixing them at the same time?

OP
cyclops

cyclops

I always apply K2 topically these days. It seems that coconut oil and K2 MK4 may be able to reduce abdominal fat as you describe. It hasn't seemed to hurt so far.

Ok ill try applying those at the same time.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals