Men Who Use Progesterone - Advice

Discussion in 'Progesterone' started by aquaman, Mar 3, 2014.

1. aquaman

aquaman Member

I know there have been a lot of threads about Progesterone, but if any men have specific advice on quantities, length of use, things to watch out for etc, please post here.

Thanks

2. j.

j. Guest

What I would do is take one drop per day. If sexual function doesn't suffer after a while, maybe have 2 drops, and so on, until you achieve your objective of taking progesterone.

3. paper_clips43

paper_clips43 Member

I had heard that I should watch out for muscle loss and penis shrinkage while using progesterone. I used it 5 days in a row always at night time and I increased my dose every day. The last day I used it I used several drops, I think around 8, and I barely noticed anything.

My temps stayed the same although I may have slept better.
    For the most part I didn't notice any difference not even the bad side effects.
    I am not sure what that means or if it helps you at all.
    I was thinking of maybe using it once a week from now on unless I notice the bad side effects.

oh and btw I used progest-e for my source of progesterone and put it on my gums and lips for every dose.

4. arinryan

arinryan Member

My hub has used it (progest-e) to help fall a sleep, likes how it works for that. He hasn't noticed problems if he takes 6-8 drops on occasion. He doesn't use it more than a few times a month though.

5. himsahimsa

himsahimsa Member

Progest - E

Two drops under the tongue + 4 drops on ankle skin over some DMSO knocks me literally flat on my back. Hypnogogic for an hour and loopy for at least 3 after that.

6. OP
    aquaman

aquaman Member

thanks all!

mine just arrived so I will test over next few weeks and report back. Any other suggestions/ timings etc would be usesful

7. paper_clips43

paper_clips43 Member

It seems the consensus for timing is in the evening as it can have a sedative effect as well as a decrease in CO2.

Looking forward to hearing your experience!

8. James_001

James_001 Member

Helps me sleep a lot, but I noticed a drop in androgens (less penile sensitivity and overall drive/libido). I will try replacing it with preg for the sleep benefits and try DHT/proviron as an alternative that hopefully won't kill my sex drive...

The sleep is really nice, but I can't deal with the libido effects...

9. jyb

jyb Member

I expect exactly the same side effect from progesterone. I haven't experience such side effect with pregne, but its positive effects are also different. Although pregne can also bring about some calmness, I would say its not as predictable and strong for that as progesterone (calmness, but not necessarily sleep inducing). Obviously given the side effect, I only take it at times when I think the situation has no other solution.