Memory Issues Due To Fin

Charger

Can anyone explain what the main cause for memory issues would be due to finasteride? As in what would I need to focus on raising to improve symptoms?

Things I have tried with varying/inconsistent results:
5a-dhp
Glycine
Taurine
Dhea
Pregnenolone
Proviron
Creatine
Androsterone
Vitamin D3 and K2
Acetyl L Carnitine
NAC
Mag l-threonate
Few nootropics

Things I have coming tomorrow:
Palmitoylethanomide
Niancimide

I used to pride myself on what a good memory I had until I started dabbling in anti androgens such as RU and finasteride. My memory and word recall are affecting my career and I can't afford to lose my job over this.

I'm 31, male, and developed PFS after using a single 1.25 mg dose 2 months ago. 5a-dhp did great things for bringing back my emotional range but it appears to have diminishing returns and is possibly lowering my estrogen too much, not sure.

I did do before/after bloods. My estrogen actually went from 36 to 20 after cessation of fin. DHT was 33 before and after, testosterone unchanged in the 600 range.

I've read that if estrogen is too low can cause negative cognitive symptoms such as memory loss and brain fog. Does anyone have any recommendations as far as raising estrogen if that is perhaps the issue?

I'm interested to hear your ideas. I am mostly recovered from finasteride use and this is the most distressing symptom that I have left to solve.

lampofred

I think vitamin D (accompanied with high calcium and sugar and low phosphate) and gelatin, things that increase inhibition without lowering blood sugar should help. Lidocaine and progesterone also.

OP
Charger

Charger

I think vitamin D (accompanied with high calcium and sugar and low phosphate) and gelatin, things that increase inhibition without lowering blood sugar should help. Lidocaine and progesterone also.

What is the ideal minimum for calcium per day? I usually supplement 1000mg per day and 10,000 iu of D3.

@Sygnal I have similar DHT levels but I took Accutane. In terms of supplements magnesium and b vitamins have helped me the most. I feel for me personally the memory issue lies in high cortisol.

What's the rational for not wanting to lower blood sugar? In terms of memory at least...

Ashoka

Can anyone explain what the main cause for memory issues would be due to finasteride? As in what would I need to focus on raising to improve symptoms?

5a-dhp
Glycine
Taurine
Dhea
Pregnenolone
Proviron
Creatine
Androsterone
Vitamin D3 and K2
Acetyl L Carnitine
NAC
Mag l-threonate
Few nootropics

Palmitoylethanomide
Niancimide

I used to pride myself on what a good memory I had until I started dabbling in anti androgens such as RU and finasteride. My memory and word recall are affecting my career and I can't afford to lose my job over this.

I'm 31, male, and developed PFS after using a single 1.25 mg dose 2 months ago. 5a-dhp did great things for bringing back my emotional range but it appears to have diminishing returns and is possibly lowering my estrogen too much, not sure.

I did do before/after bloods. My estrogen actually went from 36 to 20 after cessation of fin. DHT was 33 before and after, testosterone unchanged in the 600 range.

I've read that if estrogen is too low can cause negative cognitive symptoms such as memory loss and brain fog. Does anyone have any recommendations as far as raising estrogen if that is perhaps the issue?

I'm interested to hear your ideas. I am mostly recovered from finasteride use and this is the most distressing symptom that I have left to solve.

I know what you’re talking about because I deal with it too. I also wish I had a more precise answer. The most compelling immediate substance that helped a lot of people is progesterone in certain contexts. Personally I’m afraid of touching most hormones because I don’t want to make the issue worse, and because that doesn’t seem to be a magic bullet solution.

Hans

Forum Supporter
Finasteride seem to inhibit the dopamine system and dopamine is needed for proper memory recall and cognitive function.

Finasteride inhibited brain dopaminergic system and open-field behaviors in adolescent male rats. - PubMed - NCBI
"It was found that in adolescent male rats, administration of finasteride at doses of 25 and 50 mg/kg for 14 days dose dependently inhibited open-field behaviors, reduced contents of dopamine and its metabolites in frontal cortex, hippocampus, caudate putamen, nucleus accumbens, and down-regulated tyrosine hydroxylase mRNA and protein expressions in substantia nigra and ventral tegmental area. However, there was no significant change of these parameters in early developmental rats after finasteride treatment."

So maybe focusing on boosting the dopamine system can work restore that? Something specific such as Cuataba bark extract, mucuna pruriens, huperzine A, etc.

GorillaHead

5a-dhp
Glycine
Taurine
Dhea
Pregnenolone
Proviron
Creatine
Androsterone
Vitamin D3 and K2
Acetyl L Carnitine
NAC
Mag l-threonate
Few nootropics

Palmitoylethanomide
Niancimide

A single dose are you absolutely certain. Did that to you ?

OP
Charger

Charger

A single dose are you absolutely certain. Did that to you ?

Yes, my anti-androgen use also followed a zero carb phase, not sure how much that may or may not have contributed to my symptoms.

Just to give an update, since using progesterone and niacinamide I have noticed improvements. I've felt pretty good the past few days since my first dose of progesterone.

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals