Melatonin: Master Hormonal Conductor And Scheduler

Mito

“Melatonin is the "Master Hormone-Modulating Molecule" but it is misleadingly called itself "hormone". It is the body's regulator of all hormones, the molecule which controls the production of almost every other human hormone.........As we "age", our bodies become vulnerable to a host of illnesses and diseases, including insomnia, immune dysfunctions, heart disease and cancer. But research shows that taking small doses of synthetic melatonin supplements at the time of life when naturally produced melatonin levels decline can halt and even reverse the negative effects of aging.”
Dr. Pierpaoli - Melatonina svizzera - Dallo scopritore dei benefici effetti della Melatonina - Walter Pierpaoli - Dr. Pierpaoli

Mary Shomon has also written a on the subject. Maca and Melatonin for Menopause Symptoms: Do They Work? | HealthCentral

reality

It’s great for sleep if your circadian rhythm is messed up. I use to take 0.3mg (which is 1/10 of the 3mg tablets they come in...) sublingual and it was lights out within minutes.

Kray

“Melatonin is the "Master Hormone-Modulating Molecule" but it is misleadingly called itself "hormone". It is the body's regulator of all hormones, the molecule which controls the production of almost every other human hormone.........As we "age", our bodies become vulnerable to a host of illnesses and diseases, including insomnia, immune dysfunctions, heart disease and cancer. But research shows that taking small doses of synthetic melatonin supplements at the time of life when naturally produced melatonin levels decline can halt and even reverse the negative effects of aging.”
Dr. Pierpaoli - Melatonina svizzera - Dallo scopritore dei benefici effetti della Melatonina - Walter Pierpaoli - Dr. Pierpaoli

Mary Shomon has also written a on the subject. Maca and Melatonin for Menopause Symptoms: Do They Work? | HealthCentral
@Mito- I wonder if 3mg melatonin (Dr Pierpaoli's brand) is considered a "physiological" dose? He apparently thinks so to use that dose in his formula, I would guess. I found a 300mcg dose that Life Extension offers; maybe best to start low as possible?

Also, is it something to take long-term as far as you know, or take as long as benefits are seen, then taper off? Thanks for any help.

OP
Mito

Mito

@Mito- I wonder if 3mg melatonin (Dr Pierpaoli's brand) is considered a "physiological" dose? He apparently thinks so to use that dose in his formula, I would guess. I found a 300mcg dose that Life Extension offers; maybe best to start low as possible?

Also, is it something to take long-term as far as you know, or take as long as benefits are seen, then taper off? Thanks for any help.
I don’t have any experience using melatonin. I think Peat said around 0.5mg is physiological.

Back
Top Bottom