Melanotan II vs PT-141: the best peptide for erectile dysfunction

Jessie

Thanks for doing a write up on this. Never tried Melanotan, but I tried PT-141 a long time ago. I wasn't sure if what it was doing to me was positive or not. But it felt like a very strong dopamine effect. The feeling was good, but I'm unsure where it fits in the perspective of being good or bad for the metabolism.

I also didn't have a nasal spray, I dissolved some in DMSO and rubbed it on me. I'm betting the nasal spray is far more potent. I've read numerous things about it being good for female libido as well.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Thanks for doing a write up on this. Never tried Melanotan, but I tried PT-141 a long time ago. I wasn't sure if what it was doing to me was positive or not. But it felt like a very strong dopamine effect. The feeling was good, but I'm unsure where it fits in the perspective of being good or bad for the metabolism.

I also didn't have a nasal spray, I dissolved some in DMSO and rubbed it on me. I'm betting the nasal spray is far more potent. I've read numerous things about it being good for female libido as well.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. Do you know perhaps how much you took (how many mg per serving so to speak)?
I'd say that if you felt dopaminergic as in just in a good mood and stress resilient, then that's good. But too high of a dose too frequently is likely not ideal.

J.R.K

I discuss Melanotan 2 and PT-141. The pros and cons of both and how to take them.
I wonder @Hans how do Melanotan 2 and PT-141 stack up against sunlight?
If you live in the northern hemisphere do you feel red light would offer the same benefits as sunlight?

Jessie

Interesting, thanks for sharing. Do you know perhaps how much you took (how many mg per serving so to speak)?
I'd say that if you felt dopaminergic as in just in a good mood and stress resilient, then that's good. But too high of a dose too frequently is likely not ideal.
It was about 5mgs applied. Not sure if all of it absorbed, but I assume absorption was good because it dissolved in the DMSO well.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
I wonder @Hans how do Melanotan 2 and PT-141 stack up against sunlight?
If you live in the northern hemisphere do you feel red light would offer the same benefits as sunlight?
Unfortunately sunlight it's nearly as powerful. 30min of sunlight would not have an 80% success rate of given men with ED spontaneous erection.
Sunlight definitely plays a big role on raising your baseline, but it won't have drug effects.

In terms of red light, I prefer high watt halogen which has a good spectrum similar to sunlight.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
It was about 5mgs applied. Not sure if all of it absorbed, but I assume absorption was good because it dissolved in the DMSO well.
It's interesting that you felt 5mg so powerfully since the study suggested 7mg+ is the way to go. Did you get a boost in libido as well?

Jessie

It's interesting that you felt 5mg so powerfully since the study suggested 7mg+ is the way to go. Did you get a boost in libido as well?
Not exactly. More of a pleasant mood lifting quality, I also felt slightly warmer. It felt like I could've been "ready" easily though if the moment struck and I was with somebody.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Not exactly. More of a pleasant mood lifting quality, I also felt slightly warmer. It felt like I could've been "ready" easily though if the moment struck and I was with somebody.
Nice. Likely higher doses will have a stronger pro-libido effect.

David PS

Melanotan II is not without potential side effects. It is banned by the United States Food and Drug Administration

Last edited:

Jessie

Nice. Likely higher doses will have a stronger pro-libido effect.
I think so as well. I didn't test the boundaries because my libido has been decent ever since coming off SSRI medication, which was years ago. I was just wondering how well it would work as a mood stabilizer slash antidepressant. And I think it definingly has merit in that department as well. At least better than SSRIs.

Sampa

Please in the first shots of MT2 never forget to keep the dosages very very low. The nausea, stomach upset and lethargy are out of this world. Tanning effect are marvelous. Erections somewhat enhanced (but less than pdei5, pramipexole or mesterolone). And simply nothing of this so talked libido rush.
Rate a 10 for tanning and 3 for sexual enhancement.

golder

Please in the first shots of MT2 never forget to keep the dosages very very low. The nausea, stomach upset and lethargy are out of this world. Tanning effect are marvelous. Erections somewhat enhanced (but less than pdei5, pramipexole or mesterolone). And simply nothing of this so talked libido rush.
Rate a 10 for tanning and 3 for sexual enhancement.
Do you think the intranasal administration would lessen the nausea/stomach upset/lethargy side effects?

Sampa

Do you think the intranasal administration would lessen the nausea/stomach upset/lethargy side effects?
The brand i bought came with the spray device besides the vial, but i preferred to shot SC. I don't think intranasal would lessen, probably is just related to dosage and the body adaptation to the sides.

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
Does anyone know the difference between Melanotan 2 and Melanotan 1?
Melanotan 1 doesn't cross the BBB so wouldn't give you a libido boost, only a tanning effect. MT2 crosses the BBB.

golder

Melanotan 1 doesn't cross the BBB so wouldn't give you a libido boost, only a tanning effect. MT2 crosses the BBB.
In theory then, it’s all the tanning and minimal sides (granted, without the positive libido sides), but given that, MT1 actually seems superior if you’re on holiday and solely want the tanning effects?

OP
Hans

Hans

Forum Supporter
In theory then, it’s all the tanning and minimal sides (granted, without the positive libido sides), but given that, MT1 actually seems superior if you’re on holiday and solely want the tanning effects?
I think so yes, but it's likely much harder to get.