MelaNon - Liquid Apigenin/Naringenin Mix

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
There are a bunch of newer studies on Apigenin and Naringenin from late 2018 and early 2019, seems research into this compounds or medical herbs that contain these, all showing promising results (anti-inflammatory, Endotoxin-protection, favourable steroid modulation and so forth)

In Vivo Anti-inflammatory and Antiallergic Activity of Pure Naringenin, Naringenin Chalcone, and Quercetin in Mice. - PubMed - NCBI

Targeting MAPK Pathways by Naringenin Modulates Microglia M1/M2 Polarization in Lipopolysaccharide-Stimulated Cultures. - PubMed - NCBI

Naringenin has a chemoprotective effect in MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cells via inhibition of caspase-3 and -9 activities. - PubMed - NCBI

The Flavanone, Naringenin, Modifies Antioxidant and Steroidogenic Enzyme Activity in a Rat Model of Letrozole-Induced Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. - PubMed - NCBI (of interest becuase some speculate about estrogenic effects of naringenin - this hints otherwise)

Antidepressive Effects of Taraxacum Officinale in a Mouse Model of Depression Are Due to Inhibition of Corticosterone Levels and Modulation of Mito... - PubMed - NCBI (eat more dandelion)

The Therapeutic Potential of Naringenin: A Review of Clinical Trials. - PubMed - NCBI

Naringenin attenuates inflammation in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in cigarette smoke induced mouse model and involves suppression of NF-κB. - PubMed - NCBI

Apigenin Protects the Brain against Ischemia/Reperfusion Injury via Caveolin-1/VEGF In Vitro and In Vivo. - PubMed - NCBI

Deciphering the Molecular Mechanisms Sustaining the Estrogenic Activity of the Two Major Dietary Compounds Zearalenone and Apigenin in ER-Positive ... - PubMed - NCBI

Extract and fraction of Cassia occidentalis L. (a synonym of Senna occidentalis) have osteogenic effect and prevent glucocorticoid-induced osteopenia. - PubMed - NCBI

Hepatoprotective effects and structure-activity relationship of five flavonoids against lipopolysaccharide/d-galactosamine induced acute liver fail... - PubMed - NCBI

Photoprotective and Antigenotoxic Effects of the Flavonoids Apigenin, Naringenin and Pinocembrin. - PubMed - NCBI

Thanks. I will add these to the main thread.

Waynish

The only IdeaLabs supplement that gives me rashes. I have an older one - perhaps it is less powerful now? I've not seen any nevi decrease from long term use (months on one nevus, one drop on small nevus)... Ideas?

Ingenol

The only IdeaLabs supplement that gives me rashes. I have an older one - perhaps it is less powerful now? I've not seen any nevi decrease from long term use (months on one nevus, one drop on small nevus)... Ideas?
I had a similar experience, minus the rashes. It did burn a bit from the DMSO but brought me neither skin problems nor results..

xeliex

Forum Supporter
I had a similar experience, minus the rashes. It did burn a bit from the DMSO but brought me neither skin problems nor results..

I don't know that it's the DMSO honestly as other IdeaLabs products that contain it do not sting and burn as this does.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
It is the alcohol that burns. DMSO simply irritates the skin in some people and then the ethanol gives the burning feeling when irritating skin is exposed to it.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

It is not less powerful, the formula and the ingredients are the same as before. It still used DMSO/ethanol as solvent as only these would dissolve the apigenin/naringenin properly.

Waynish

It is not less powerful, the formula and the ingredients are the same as before. It still used DMSO/ethanol as solvent as only these would dissolve the apigenin/naringenin properly.

Ok, well if the irritation is really the alcohol - and it must be applied for months before a nevus will shrink - then perhaps MCT would be a better solvent?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Ok, well if the irritation is really the alcohol - and it must be applied for months before a nevus will shrink - then perhaps MCT would be a better solvent?

It would be better for skin but MCT does not dissolve apigenin/naringenin. Otherwise, this is what we would have used. There is a reason DMSO/ethanol are still used for this product - nothing else works.

xeliex

Forum Supporter
It is the alcohol that burns. DMSO simply irritates the skin in some people and then the ethanol gives the burning feeling when irritating skin is exposed to it.

@haidut

In that case, would leaving the dose out in the air for a few minutes before applying it to the skin be ok?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

Katty

I have a bottle of MelaNon that is about 3 years old. Any chance it's still good? It still has a garlic smell, but it doesn't sting when applied to the skin, so I'm thinking the active ingredients aren't so active anymore.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I have a bottle of MelaNon that is about 3 years old. Any chance it's still good? It still has a garlic smell, but it doesn't sting when applied to the skin, so I'm thinking the active ingredients aren't so active anymore.

FDA mandates shelf life of no more than 12 months for all liquid products. So, I am afraid we cannot endorse using it.

Marabou

Hello Haidut,

thank you for your awesome products.

I have Xanthelasmas around both my eyes. Do you think MelaNon might help for getting rid of them?

Joanna

Haidut for skin ageing, moles and skin cancer prevention do I use solban or melanon or both?

xeliex

Forum Supporter
Given the anti-aromatase properties of its compounds, would it be good to recommend for topical application in treatment of gynecomastia?