MelaNon - Liquid Apigenin/Naringenin Mix

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I just came to recheck this thread because I thought I hadn't read any reports of such and wondered if I was the only one. I've been applying Melanon to moles and spots for about a week now and noticed itchiness only on some of the places I've applied it. My best guess was that it's akin to the itch I get on wounds as they are healing and that the spots where it didn't itch are relatively damage free. The spots that itched the most have been itching less and perhaps that supports the idea.

It's DMSO that causes the itchiness but like others mentioned adding a bit of water or even more ethanol/vodka to dilute it should eliminate that issue. Allergic reactions tend to come with a rash so unless you had that it is probably just the DMSO.

stokesman

It's DMSO that causes the itchiness
After a bit of reading that sounds correct. I hadn't thought of that since I've used DMSO topically for some months in various homemade concoctions and mostly haven't noticed itchiness. Would you let us know what concentration of DMSO is in Melanon?

so it subsides?
It has seemed to lessen for me. If remains almost unbearable for you, it's probably a good idea to try the dilution as tara and haidut have suggested.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
After a bit of reading that sounds correct. I hadn't thought of that since I've used DMSO topically for some months in various homemade concoctions and mostly haven't noticed itchiness. Would you let us know what concentration of DMSO is in Melanon?

It has seemed to lessen for me. If remains almost unbearable for you, it's probably a good idea to try the dilution as tara and haidut have suggested.

It's 75% DMSO.

Cheesecake

@haidut, if I'm using 8 drops of MelaNon on and around a mole (1" diameter area) with about 4 drops of EstroBan mixed in, would it be advisable to apply this just once a day, or should I do this 2 or 3 or more times a day? And are these dosages about right? Thanks!

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
@haidut, if I'm using 8 drops of MelaNon on and around a mole (1" diameter area) with about 4 drops of EstroBan mixed in, would it be advisable to apply this just once a day, or should I do this 2 or 3 or more times a day? And are these dosages about right? Thanks!

The animal studies used the human equivalent of 2mg-3mg daily. So, one dose should be enough. I don't know what dose of EstroBan would be optimal as I don't think this has been studies much as a combination of all 4 vitamins. I have seen studies on using 50 IU vitamin E and 1,000 IU vitamin A daily so one dose of EstroBan should give you that.

Cheesecake

The animal studies used the human equivalent of 2mg-3mg daily. So, one dose should be enough. I don't know what dose of EstroBan would be optimal as I don't think this has been studies much as a combination of all 4 vitamins. I have seen studies on using 50 IU vitamin E and 1,000 IU vitamin A daily so one dose of EstroBan should give you that.
Ok great. Thank you!

johnwester130

1) Why not add niacinamide ? That removes skin browning too.

2) I used solban very well to reduce skin browning on my face. I am not sure I would switch to Melanon . I'm not convinced.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
1) Why not add niacinamide ? That removes skin browning too.

2) I used solban very well to reduce skin browning on my face. I am not sure I would switch to Melanon . I'm not convinced.

I think they can be synergistic. I have not advocated using one instead of the other. In fact, the people who order one usually order the other as well.

postman

Is it supposed to be painful? It's quite stingy on my skin for a couple of minutes after applying it. Like, noticably painful. It's not DMSO, the other DMSO supplements don't cause this for me.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Is it supposed to be painful? It's quite stingy on my skin for a couple of minutes after applying it. Like, noticably painful. It's not DMSO, the other DMSO supplements don't cause this for me.

First time I hear this, but thanks for sharing. The stinging has been reported by other from other DMSO supplements. There is nothing in else in MelaNon except the active ingredients, ethanol and DMSO. Can you try spreading over a larger area to see if this diminishes the side stinging?

X160

I had a punctured vein after I gave sample for blood test. The area around the wound turned blue, I applied MelaNon couple of times and it worked like charm :)
I had same sort of injury last year and it took almost a month to heal. Thank you Haidut, for making such wonderful supplements.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I had a punctured vein after I gave sample for blood test. The area around the wound turned blue, I applied MelaNon couple of times and it worked like charm :)
I had same sort of injury last year and it took almost a month to heal. Thank you Haidut, for making such wonderful supplements.

Perfect! This is just great! How many drops and how many times daily, if you don't mind me asking?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter

postman

First time I hear this, but thanks for sharing. The stinging has been reported by other from other DMSO supplements. There is nothing in else in MelaNon except the active ingredients, ethanol and DMSO. Can you try spreading over a larger area to see if this diminishes the side stinging?
I was intending to use the product in my face, and I'm spreading it out as far as the drops will go. Actually the stinging sensation is pretty much the same as the one I get from oranges, peeling and eating an orange would often give me red irritated skin, tongue, and stomach burning pains. I used to think it was the pesticides or maybe the oranges being very acidic from being unripe, but maybe it's something else. Does the narginin in melanon come from oranges?

thegiantess

Yep. This. I've tried larger areas and diluting it will water. Stings a lot. I can't use it, it stings too much and leaves a big red mark for an hour or so.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
I was intending to use the product in my face, and I'm spreading it out as far as the drops will go. Actually the stinging sensation is pretty much the same as the one I get from oranges, peeling and eating an orange would often give me red irritated skin, tongue, and stomach burning pains. I used to think it was the pesticides or maybe the oranges being very acidic from being unripe, but maybe it's something else. Does the narginin in melanon come from oranges?

The naringenin is synthetic, so it should not have any orange leftovers in it. But we are about to switch to using an odor-free DMSO for supplements like MelaNon and we've been told that the odor-free version also has a lot less of a stinging effect than regular DMSO.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Yep. This. I've tried larger areas and diluting it will water. Stings a lot. I can't use it, it stings too much and leaves a big red mark for an hour or so.

As I mentioned in my post to @thegiantess we are about to switch to using a different type of DMSO that should reduce/eliminate the stinging issues. I will test it on myself first and report here.

thegiantess

As I mentioned in my post to @thegiantess we are about to switch to using a different type of DMSO that should reduce/eliminate the stinging issues. I will test it on myself first and report here.

Awesome. Thanks! I thought maybe I was just a wimp... Glad to know that's not the case.