haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Last edited by a moderator:

NathanK

Nicholas said:
post 110543
Nicholas said:
post 108839 thank you, Haidut. do you think this product would have any benefit to broken capillaries or spider vein type issues? I've heard talk of the flavanoids having some benefit to these skin-related aging signs primarily via Linus Pauling. I'm interested in ordering for the already stated uses, too.

"It is well known that many flavonoids provide protection from telangiectasias and petechias caused by ruptured blood vessels. Thus, the notion of a "strengthening" effect of these compounds on blood vessel walls is common.": http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18691514

"The best known pharmacological activity of this molecule is the reduction of permeability and capillary fragility.
In the 1940s and 1950s, rutin was widely described for this activity. At the time, rutin, which belonged to the "vitamin P" family, the P referring to the idea of Permeability, grouped together the actives capable of increasing the resistance and modulating the permeability of the capillaries. Today, the term "Vitamin P" has disappeared, to be replaced by bioflavonoid.": http://www.etatpur.co.uk/index.php/rutin-sheet
I just started using mine tonight. After applying to a scar under my eye I decided to read this thread again. If this study is correct, then this supplement could have benefits for people with darkness under their eyes since the darkness is from capillary blood accumulation. I guess I'll find out soon since I'm putting it there anyway.

I've put this on a small scar under my eye, a mole on neck and left bicep that I've had my entire life, and on a small subcutaneous cyst on my right shoulder. Taking before an after pix. Of note, the bottle says 8 drops per dose, but it seems silly to put more than a drop any of these small areas. Will this effect results, Haidut, or should I actually try to rub in 8 whole drops? It just seems excessive. Any other tips on dosing for problem areas with this product?

Otherwise, on all of the areas there is a slight burning sensation and the infamous strong garlicy smell. After an hour, I can already feel a little bit of the "tightening" that you described. I think I may try putting some around my face as well to see if it effects any of my creases, wrinkles, or whatever they're called.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
NathanK said:
post 111857
Nicholas said:
post 110543
Nicholas said:
post 108839 thank you, Haidut. do you think this product would have any benefit to broken capillaries or spider vein type issues? I've heard talk of the flavanoids having some benefit to these skin-related aging signs primarily via Linus Pauling. I'm interested in ordering for the already stated uses, too.

"It is well known that many flavonoids provide protection from telangiectasias and petechias caused by ruptured blood vessels. Thus, the notion of a "strengthening" effect of these compounds on blood vessel walls is common.": http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18691514

"The best known pharmacological activity of this molecule is the reduction of permeability and capillary fragility.
In the 1940s and 1950s, rutin was widely described for this activity. At the time, rutin, which belonged to the "vitamin P" family, the P referring to the idea of Permeability, grouped together the actives capable of increasing the resistance and modulating the permeability of the capillaries. Today, the term "Vitamin P" has disappeared, to be replaced by bioflavonoid.": http://www.etatpur.co.uk/index.php/rutin-sheet
I just started using mine tonight. After applying to a scar under my eye I decided to read this thread again. If this study is correct, then this supplement could have benefits for people with darkness under their eyes since the darkness is from capillary blood accumulation. I guess I'll find out soon since I'm putting it there anyway.

I've put this on a small scar under my eye, a mole on neck and left bicep that I've had my entire life, and on a small subcutaneous cyst on my right shoulder. Taking before an after pix. Of note, the bottle says 8 drops per dose, but it seems silly to put more than a drop any of these small areas. Will this effect results, Haidut, or should I actually try to rub in 8 whole drops? It just seems excessive. Any other tips on dosing for problem areas with this product?

Otherwise, on all of the areas there is a slight burning sensation and the infamous strong garlicy smell. After an hour, I can already feel a little bit of the "tightening" that you described. I think I may try putting some around my face as well to see if it effects any of my creases, wrinkles, or whatever they're called.

Thanks for reporting this and doing the experiment. I think 1-2 drops is plenty. I listed 8 drops b/c at this usage the bottle will last about a month. The 2mg per mole dose was used for treating skin cancer and the solution was used to irrigate both the mole and an area around it 1in in diameter. So I suspect for more benign issues even a single drop would be enough.
The garlicky smell is from the DMSO, as expected.

Nicholas

strange, i've never smelled garlic...but i have smelled kind of a wood-tar smell. there's DMSO in melanon?

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Nicholas said:
post 111903 strange, i've never smelled garlic...but i have smelled kind of a wood-tar smell. there's DMSO in melanon?

Yes, DMSO and ethanol are used as solvents.

Kray

Peata said:
post 109582 I've started using this product today. I'm taking before and after pictures and I'm using it on a variety of places. One is a scar where I scraped the skin off my knee when I fell on ice last winter. Another is a surgery scar. Also a red spot.

Finally, I want to try it all over my face to see if it helps with any discoloration or has a brightening effect. I used one drop and patted it all over.

Haidut, do you think it's fine to use it over such a large area and 2) is once or twice per day best?

Peata,

What are your overall impressions from using the MelaNon? Any improvement in scarrings? I'm interested in giving it a try.

Thanks-

Peata

classicallady said:
post 113085
Peata said:
post 109582 I've started using this product today. I'm taking before and after pictures and I'm using it on a variety of places. One is a scar where I scraped the skin off my knee when I fell on ice last winter. Another is a surgery scar. Also a red spot.

Finally, I want to try it all over my face to see if it helps with any discoloration or has a brightening effect. I used one drop and patted it all over.

Haidut, do you think it's fine to use it over such a large area and 2) is once or twice per day best?

Peata,

What are your overall impressions from using the MelaNon? Any improvement in scarrings? I'm interested in giving it a try.

Thanks-

I didn't use it on my face for long because of a couple reasons - it felt tight, and also because of the dmso I was afraid of layering products on top because they might get pulled into the blood stream.

So for the last few weeks I've been using it on the scraped knee, the surgery scar, the red spot, and one other small "cyst" that formed around my clavicle a while back. The cyst is almost gone but it was probably going to heal up anyway. The other places have not disappeared yet.

Nicholas

yes, i don't feel this product is designed for use over a large area. but i could be wrong. the stickiness doesn't seem a good idea for extended periods of time.

Kray

Peata said:
classicallady said:
post 113085
Peata said:

Peata,

Thanks-

I didn't use it on my face for long because of a couple reasons - it felt tight, and also because of the dmso I was afraid of layering products on top because they might get pulled into the blood stream.

So for the last few weeks I've been using it on the scraped knee, the surgery scar, the red spot, and one other small "cyst" that formed around my clavicle a while back. The cyst is almost gone but it was probably going to heal up anyway. The other places have not disappeared yet.

Thanks for that, Peata. :)

Kray

NathanK said:
post 111857
Nicholas said:
post 110543
Nicholas said:

NathanK:

Can you give an update on your use of MelaNon for your skin problems? Any improvements?

NathanK

classicallady said:
NathanK:

Can you give an update on your use of MelaNon for your skin problems? Any improvements?
I actually stopped the day after starting. I'll continue again and update when I do. It's just been so cold that I haven't been able to go shirtless for very long and I was afraid that might skew the results :)

answersfound

melanonbuyer3 said:
post 116053 Just placed an order. When can I expect it to arrive?

sry am new here

Its usually pretty quick. Haidut provided me with tracking too. Probably 2-3 days, but it obviously depends where you are.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
melanonbuyer3 said:
post 116053 Just placed an order. When can I expect it to arrive?

sry am new here

We usually ship order the next business day after they were placed. So, your order will probably ship tomorrow morning.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
I've been using MelaNon for two weeks on some moles and two keratosis spots. The moles seem to be shrinking gradually and the outer layers are peeling away but there has been no bleeding just sloughing off of the surface. The keratosis areas are fading and I'd estimate them at about 50% gone. I'm not sure if MelaNon is supposed to work on keratosis but since it's helping mine I wanted to mention it here. Thanks for the helpful product haidut.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Blossom said:
post 118108 I've been using MelaNon for two weeks on some moles and two keratosis spots. The moles seem to be shrinking gradually and the outer layers are peeling away but there has been no bleeding just sloughing off of the surface. The keratosis areas are fading and I'd estimate them at about 50% gone. I'm not sure if MelaNon is supposed to work on keratosis but since it's helping mine I wanted to mention it here. Thanks for the helpful product haidut.

Thanks Blossom! Glad things are getting better. I found out about the keratosis effects after I released the supplement. It seems to be related to the anti-estrogenic effects of apigenin.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
haidut said:
Good to know. The mole I've been measuring is reduced from 4 millimeters to 3. I just measured two sides, even though it's round, not knowing a better way to track the size. I had planned on using vitamin k on it last year but always had more important uses for my k so I never got around to it. I have a before picture so once it gets to a point where the is a noticeable difference (or it is gone!) I will post before and after photos.

OP
haidut

haidut

Forum Supporter
Blossom said:
post 118119
haidut said:
Good to know. The mole I've been measuring is reduced from 4 millimeters to 3. I just measured two sides, even though it's round, not knowing a better way to track the size. I had planned on using vitamin k on it last year but always had more important uses for my k so I never got around to it. I have a before picture so once it gets to a point where the is a noticeable difference (or it is gone!) I will post before and after photos.

Please do post pics. I think a lot of people want to see before/after pics whenever somebody on the forum has had success with a Peat-friendly supplement.

Blossom

Forum Supporter
haidut said:
post 118122 Please do post pics. I think a lot of people want to see before/after pics whenever somebody on the forum has had success with a Peat-friendly supplement.
Will do! :cool: