MelaNon - Dietary Supplement For Skin Spots, Moles, Etc

Discussion in 'IdeaLabs' started by haidut, Nov 10, 2015.

1. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

It's DMSO that causes the itchiness but like others mentioned adding a bit of water or even more ethanol/vodka to dilute it should eliminate that issue. Allergic reactions tend to come with a rash so unless you had that it is probably just the DMSO.

2. stokesman

stokesman Member

After a bit of reading that sounds correct. I hadn't thought of that since I've used DMSO topically for some months in various homemade concoctions and mostly haven't noticed itchiness. Would you let us know what concentration of DMSO is in Melanon?

It has seemed to lessen for me. If remains almost unbearable for you, it's probably a good idea to try the dilution as tara and haidut have suggested.

3. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

It's 75% DMSO.

4. Cheesecake

Cheesecake Member

@haidut, if I'm using 8 drops of MelaNon on and around a mole (1" diameter area) with about 4 drops of EstroBan mixed in, would it be advisable to apply this just once a day, or should I do this 2 or 3 or more times a day? And are these dosages about right? Thanks!

5. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

The animal studies used the human equivalent of 2mg-3mg daily. So, one dose should be enough. I don't know what dose of EstroBan would be optimal as I don't think this has been studies much as a combination of all 4 vitamins. I have seen studies on using 50 IU vitamin E and 1,000 IU vitamin A daily so one dose of EstroBan should give you that.

6. Koveras

Koveras Member

7. Cheesecake

Cheesecake Member

Ok great. Thank you!

8. johnwester130

johnwester130 Member

1) Why not add niacinamide ? That removes skin browning too.

2) I used solban very well to reduce skin browning on my face. I am not sure I would switch to Melanon . I'm not convinced.

9. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

I think they can be synergistic. I have not advocated using one instead of the other. In fact, the people who order one usually order the other as well.

10. postman

postman Member

Is it supposed to be painful? It's quite stingy on my skin for a couple of minutes after applying it. Like, noticably painful. It's not DMSO, the other DMSO supplements don't cause this for me.

11. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

First time I hear this, but thanks for sharing. The stinging has been reported by other from other DMSO supplements. There is nothing in else in MelaNon except the active ingredients, ethanol and DMSO. Can you try spreading over a larger area to see if this diminishes the side stinging?

12. X160

X160 Member

I had a punctured vein after I gave sample for blood test. The area around the wound turned blue, I applied MelaNon couple of times and it worked like charm :)
    I had same sort of injury last year and it took almost a month to heal. Thank you Haidut, for making such wonderful supplements.

13. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Perfect! This is just great! How many drops and how many times daily, if you don't mind me asking?

14. X160

X160 Member

2 drops twice per day.

15. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

Great, thanks for sharing.

16. postman

postman Member

I was intending to use the product in my face, and I'm spreading it out as far as the drops will go. Actually the stinging sensation is pretty much the same as the one I get from oranges, peeling and eating an orange would often give me red irritated skin, tongue, and stomach burning pains. I used to think it was the pesticides or maybe the oranges being very acidic from being unripe, but maybe it's something else. Does the narginin in melanon come from oranges?

17. thegiantess

thegiantess Member

Yep. This. I've tried larger areas and diluting it will water. Stings a lot. I can't use it, it stings too much and leaves a big red mark for an hour or so.

18. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

The naringenin is synthetic, so it should not have any orange leftovers in it. But we are about to switch to using an odor-free DMSO for supplements like MelaNon and we've been told that the odor-free version also has a lot less of a stinging effect than regular DMSO.

19. OP
    haidut

haidut Member

As I mentioned in my post to @thegiantess we are about to switch to using a different type of DMSO that should reduce/eliminate the stinging issues. I will test it on myself first and report here.

20. thegiantess

thegiantess Member

Awesome. Thanks! I thought maybe I was just a wimp... Glad to know that's not the case.