Megadosing Vitamin C? (Increase DHEA, Lower Cortisol)

LeeLemonoil

Here is an excellent treatise about everything Vit C as supp. It’s 2 parts and in German - I suspect it’s a bit too complex for auto-translate though.

Vitamin C, Ascorbinsäure & Co. Teil 1: Von Formen, zu (Mega-) Dosen bis 100 g und mehr, (Virus-) Infektionen, Infusionen, Liposomen, Resorption im Darm (SVCT 1 & 2) und dem GULO-Gen - H.C.'s Blog

We all can benefit from supp C. Plain adcorbic acid is the best form of your gut can tolerate it. There are two resorption mechanisms and the more efficient one comes to play with higher doses at once 2-3g

Experienced

Is Quali-C worth the 'extra' cost
@Experienced
Tbh no. Buy whatever Vit C you can. There's on i herb , iTested section try buying from there california gold nutrition seems to be good. Thorne is also good but they don't provide any COA , and my health is tacklet atm even when I was megadosing on vit C tylenol helped with my fever.

Jam

He died after megadosing vit C??

Right... it is reported that he also died after breathing, eating, drinking, and pretty much everything else he did.

Through what mechanism could more than say 1 gram of Vitamin C cause pain in testicles and general groin area?

It's a dull ache (with some mild burning sensation) that stays with me all day and my nuts tend to tighten up. I got this from some other antioxidants as well like astaxanthin and N-Acetyl Cysteine.

Currently taking 5g a day and it's getting worse, I kept on taking it thinking it would stop eventually but it doesn't seem to.

I wanted to try high dose C for some other issues but it's really dumb that something like this is happening. Any ideas?

Experienced

Through what mechanism could more than say 1 gram of Vitamin C cause pain in testicles and general groin area?

It's a dull ache (with some mild burning sensation) that stays with me all day and my nuts tend to tighten up. I got this from some other antioxidants as well like astaxanthin and N-Acetyl Cysteine.

Currently taking 5g a day and it's getting worse, I kept on taking it thinking it would stop eventually but it doesn't seem to.

I wanted to try high dose C for some other issues but it's really dumb that something like this is happening. Any ideas?
I`ve never had this issue with dosing up to 3G -4G

I`ve never had this issue with dosing up to 3G -4G

Have you gone higher than that?

Tbh now that I've measured this tsp was around 2.5 g, and I've taken 3x daily so it's more like 7-8 g.
It's so stupid, I'd never expect something like this from Vitamin C. What the hell man...

Experienced

Have you gone higher than that?

Tbh now that I've measured this tsp was around 2.5 g, and I've taken 3x daily so it's more like 7-8 g.
It's so stupid, I'd never expect something like this from Vitamin C. What the hell man...
take it slow and low dude wtf 7-8G is too much

cremes

I am interested in trying some Vitamin C megadosing after reading a few of the articles at orthomolecular.org and doctoryourself.com. I can see from other responses that this isn't very Peaty, but I'm not an absolutist; I'll try anything if it will make me better.

My main question after reading multiple articles on megadosing is, "How the hell do you ingest 5-20 grams per day (divided)?" Do megadosers just mix it with water and gulp it down? Is there a food you can add it to? Does all of the acid disturb your teeth?

I am using Bulk Supplements vit C. I also bought some buffered C (magnesium ascorbate) 1g chewables which I intend to take 1 or 2 per day.

Ben.

I am interested in trying some Vitamin C megadosing after reading a few of the articles at orthomolecular.org and doctoryourself.com. I can see from other responses that this isn't very Peaty, but I'm not an absolutist; I'll try anything if it will make me better.

My main question after reading multiple articles on megadosing is, "How the hell do you ingest 5-20 grams per day (divided)?" Do megadosers just mix it with water and gulp it down? Is there a food you can add it to? Does all of the acid disturb your teeth?

I am using Bulk Supplements vit C. I also bought some buffered C (magnesium ascorbate) 1g chewables which I intend to take 1 or 2 per day.

Its fairly easy. Just put 2-5 grams into water/juice and drink it. The buffered vitamin C that i have says its non acidic (calcium ascorbate).
But when i megadosed many months (or longer) ago i took plain ascorbic acid. I think the same rules apply that do to acidic foods/drinks. Wash mouth afterwards. Maybe fascilitate saliva production with xylit or salt to neutralizie the ph in the mouth. A appropiate chewing gum when in a pinch.

I personally can't realy make much of an statement to vitamin C alone because i dosed Salt with it in high dosages aswell as that is a alternative protocol for lyme. What this combo did however was making transit times very fast. Atleast something good came from it at that time. Can't say it did much for woundhealing or inflammation unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom