Mega Salt Diet Improves Type 1 Diabetes In Children And Increases Glucose Oxidation

tankasnowgod

"
GAF Comment: Most of us may be way under-salted. Easy, cheap harmless experiment. Control liquid input. Way increase salt input. See what happens. I am doing it and losing weight and tightening up and reducing pain dramatically, not to mention, sleeping deeper. Theory: since salt protects and preserves, is it even possible for cellular debris (viruses) to harm a properly salt saturated person.

Any strategies to increasing salt intake? Other than just salting food more?

GAF

What do you believe is the maintenance dosage of salt for humans from all sources?Can we also need less,and if,why so?

From reading the Salt history book, it seems that throughout history there was very little concern about overdosing. In the old days, any preserved food was smothered in salt. Reading wikipedia, it seems the only danger of overdose for adults is when you are under a doctor's "care" in the hospital and they hook you up to a drip and forget about you for a few days. Under-dosing seems to be the danger. On long voyages, they would load up the boat with salted fish to feed the crew. I don't know what they did for fresh water on these voyages but their access to fresh water had to be somewhat limited. These sailors would have a huge salt intake and probably sweated a lot and probably had limited fluid intake but they were able to work all day and night and had enough energy to seek out ladies when in port.

It seems, based on RP above and reading about salt in the blood, that animal bodies are expert at managing salt content in various body compartments and automatically adapt to temporary changes in salt intake as necessary.

I don't think that searching for a minimum or maximum daily requirement is a useful way of thinking in regards to salt. Seems as though, since according to the Salt history book, salt is a major key ingredient for a high libido, everyone other than a priest or no fapper or male trans or 33rd degree mason or girly-man female gestures Bill Gates of Hell, would want to maximize salt intake as a long-term strategy.

Also, of note in the Salt history book - The guy that first starting discouraging salt intake was Freud and his friend, Ernest Jones. Apparently, Jones did not like salt because of its association with happy humping reproduction fun engaged in by masses of useless eaters. See pdf file attached for the story.

On a personal level, I have a caveat that I really have no explanation for. I long-time buddy of mine from childhood, college roommate, business associate is a real salt maniac. This guy would literally completely cover all his food at every meal with a eighth inch layer of salt and then another layer of pepper. It was absolutely amazing. When we were young, say, under 25, he was normal weight, great athlete, etc. His father was always a fat, heavy and round man. My pal, over probably 5 years became a mirror of his father and now at 65 is still very large. (side note: He has good hair, as did his father.) I don't remember my pal drinking vast sums of liquids but I wasn't really paying attention to that back in the day. I think my point is that I don't know if his salt intake made him fat or whether his salt requirement was self medicating for a thyroid problem or he just vast amounts of food because he was a CPA. All I know is he is alive today. No cancer. No heart failure. Yet. (see page 5 of the RP article I posted above)

Basically salt preserves and protects from harm. No reason to worry about it. Salt up your food and be happy.

One final note. I think proper salt balance throughout the body may be a key ingredient for proper piezo-electric functioning of the body but that's just a thought in my head.

Attachments

• Salt.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 71

Vinny

From reading the Salt history book, it seems that throughout history there was very little concern about overdosing. In the old days, any preserved food was smothered in salt. Reading wikipedia, it seems the only danger of overdose for adults is when you are under a doctor's "care" in the hospital and they hook you up to a drip and forget about you for a few days. Under-dosing seems to be the danger. On long voyages, they would load up the boat with salted fish to feed the crew. I don't know what they did for fresh water on these voyages but their access to fresh water had to be somewhat limited. These sailors would have a huge salt intake and probably sweated a lot and probably had limited fluid intake but they were able to work all day and night and had enough energy to seek out ladies when in port.

It seems, based on RP above and reading about salt in the blood, that animal bodies are expert at managing salt content in various body compartments and automatically adapt to temporary changes in salt intake as necessary.

I don't think that searching for a minimum or maximum daily requirement is a useful way of thinking in regards to salt. Seems as though, since according to the Salt history book, salt is a major key ingredient for a high libido, everyone other than a priest or no fapper or male trans or 33rd degree mason or girly-man female gestures Bill Gates of Hell, would want to maximize salt intake as a long-term strategy.

Also, of note in the Salt history book - The guy that first starting discouraging salt intake was Freud and his friend, Ernest Jones. Apparently, Jones did not like salt because of its association with happy humping reproduction fun engaged in by masses of useless eaters. See pdf file attached for the story.

On a personal level, I have a caveat that I really have no explanation for. I long-time buddy of mine from childhood, college roommate, business associate is a real salt maniac. This guy would literally completely cover all his food at every meal with a eighth inch layer of salt and then another layer of pepper. It was absolutely amazing. When we were young, say, under 25, he was normal weight, great athlete, etc. His father was always a fat, heavy and round man. My pal, over probably 5 years became a mirror of his father and now at 65 is still very large. (side note: He has good hair, as did his father.) I don't remember my pal drinking vast sums of liquids but I wasn't really paying attention to that back in the day. I think my point is that I don't know if his salt intake made him fat or whether his salt requirement was self medicating for a thyroid problem or he just vast amounts of food because he was a CPA. All I know is he is alive today. No cancer. No heart failure. Yet. (see page 5 of the RP article I posted above)

Basically salt preserves and protects from harm. No reason to worry about it. Salt up your food and be happy.

One final note. I think proper salt balance throughout the body may be a key ingredient for proper piezo-electric functioning of the body but that's just a thought in my head.
:thumbup

I need to stress once more that the salt intake is grossly overdone by acquired taste,actual intake without artificial saltdispenser (supplement) would be around 1.5g to 3.0g MAX.We dont know how the sailors from yesteryear felt,they were probably worn down immensely,like depicted on middle ages antique Paintings.

Amazoniac

zarrin77 said:
"The daily diet, which was constant for each patient through out the entire experimental period, was divided into four identical meals given at 6-hour intervals. For the sake of uniformity and accuracy, it was made up from the following foods: powdered whole milk, egg yolk, egg white, cane sugar, water, unsalted butter, clear lemon juice and a small amount of white bread.

The mineral constituents of a typical basic diet, containing protein 64, fat 96, and carbohydrate 132 gm., were as follows:
  • Na, 1.03;
  • K, 1.34;
  • Ca, 0.68;
  • Mg, 0.16;
  • Cl, 1.83;
  • P, 0.93 and
  • S, 0.76 gm.
It is seen that this is relatively low in sodium, potassium and choride. The amounts of protein, fat and carbohydrate were adjusted to meet each patient's caloric and nitrogen requirements. The total water intake [⇊], based on the maximum amount taken during periods of high NaCl ingestion, was the same throughout individual experiments. The insulin dosages, in those cases on insulin therapy, were given at 6-hour intervals and were adjusted at levels which allowed some degree of glycosuria in every period of the day. When extra salt was added, it was given in the form of weak solutions and in gelatin capsules, the total for the day being administered along with the diet in four equal parts. Only chemically pure salts were used."

Effects of excess NaCl in severe diabetes:

upload_2020-11-20_17-12-8.png

Changing diets:

upload_2020-11-20_17-12-13.png

"[..]when he was given the same diet as that taken by patient H.E.,
namely, the simplified diet, which was comparatively very low in K,
his systolic pressure rose to between 130 and 150 mm. of mercury,
while his diastolic level rose to between 90 and 108 mm. of mercury."​

Comparison between edemium nagmacide and fryum craponate:

upload_2020-11-20_17-12-19.png

Here with virate (needs large amounts to match in edemium content):

upload_2020-11-20_17-12-24.png

Edemium and graded cardiarrestium together:

upload_2020-11-20_17-12-31.png

Edemium and graded cardiarrestium separately in mild diabetes:

upload_2020-11-20_17-12-38.png

Last edited:

MitchMitchell

I need to stress once more that the salt intake is grossly overdone by acquired taste,actual intake without artificial saltdispenser (supplement) would be around 1.5g to 3.0g MAX.We dont know how the sailors from yesteryear felt,they were probably worn down immensely,like depicted on middle ages antique Paintings.

If you don’t know, don’t say they “probably” felt a certain way based on nothingburgers.

One thing is certain: sodium is great when adrenaline goes high, low salt diets are typically fantastic if the goal is to feel freezing cold.

If you don’t know, don’t say they “probably” felt a certain way based on nothingburgers.

One thing is certain: sodium is great when adrenaline goes high, low salt diets are typically fantastic if the goal is to feel freezing cold.

It is so likely they didn't felt good. The Middle ages was one of the lowest quality of life phases in human advancement. If adrenaline increases, do something about it if you wish, but usage of unphysiologic amounts of NaCl will come with side effects, which are numerous, and likely outweigh the small acute benefit. A strict dietary regimen and a stricter mealtime is the better option imo.

MitchMitchell

All of the above according to.... your internal belief systems based on biased research?

“the Middle Ages”... sigh

All of the above according to.... your internal belief systems based on biased research?

“the Middle Ages”... sigh

yeah, so what, are you an historian, the middle ages are compartmentalized in strata, so what, i was on-topic and on-example of a inference that was used by another member, i seldom care about vague historic inferences, but if there is talk about the good old days of excessive salt intake for preservation purposes, i am willing to follow and consider some motifs presented to me. Point still stands, there is high quality evidence against megadosing salt for whatever reason.