Mega Dosing Vitamin C

J

j.

There is some controversy regarding megadosing of vitamin C. Some claim it can lower cholesterol. What are your thoughts?

OP
J

j.

Jenn said:
Why do you want to lower cholesterol? It is what your hormones are made from.

I just want to know about whether the claims by natural practitioners have any truth to them. If it does lower it, it could be, conceivably, because it increases thyroid function. If it lowers it by reducing the liver's ability to create cholesterol, like statins do, then that's a bad thing.

Jenn

Vitamin C aids the liver in it detoxing process....supposed to be good for poisons, snake bite venom etc. You never want to force you liver to do more than it is capable of though. For example, a little vitamin E is good , more is not better.
Getting anything in food form is good, supplements is not also ways effective.

burtlancast

Vit C is a proven therapy. Has been for 50 years.

tomisonbottom

I would like to know abou this as well. I megadosed on vitamin c after reading the doctor yourself website. Does anyone know why RP doesn't think it's good?

Mittir

tomisonbottom said:
I would like to know abou this as well. I megadosed on vitamin c after reading the doctor yourself website. Does anyone know why RP doesn't think it's good?

In KMUD Antioxidant interview RP mentioned that vitamin C reacts with Iron and creates powerful oxidant.
If you eat vitamin C with iron rich meal it will increase iron absorption.

Arnold Grape

Has anybody here ramped Vitamin C with any success? I started doing this by taking about 4 grams (in addition to what I eat) daily over two months ago in combination with B1; B2; B3; B7 and Taurine with the hope of consistently raising my temps. It seems like the C might work toward this result, but I cannot tell if my iron stores have been lowered enough for it have reached full effect. At any rate, my skin looks a lot better and temps are going in the right direction.