Mega Dos Vitamin B1 With?

Coderr

I will start using a mega dose of thiamine. What supplements should I use with thiamine? I know one of them is magnesium? What else?

OP
C

Coderr

Hi Coderr! How did your megadosing work out?
Hi..
I experienced more energy and motivation boosts. I had read that high doses of vitamin B1 were beneficial in the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis. Unfortunately it didn't work for me

Hi..
I experienced more energy and motivation boosts. I had read that high doses of vitamin B1 were beneficial in the treatment of seborrheic dermatitis. Unfortunately it didn't work for me

Ahhh! Thanks for the update. I will keep an eye out for anything new I come across from Ray on seborrheic dermatitis.

".....vitamin A and estrogen are antagonistic, and while estrogen promotes keratinization (shedding of skin cells), vitamin A opposes it. Since vitamin A is highly unsaturated, in excess it suppresses the thyroid, so it has to be balanced with the thyroid; the combination is effective for increasing progesterone and decreasing estrogen, slowing the turnover of skin cells, and making the skin cells function longer before flaking off. Plugged pores, combined with a local shift toward synthesizing inflammatory substances, foster bacterial infection. Bright light stimulates the production of steroids, and consumes vitamin A very quickly, but when the balance is right, the acne clears up in just a day or two. Cream, butter, eggs, and liver are good sources of vitamin A. When people supplement thyroid and eat liver once or twice a week, their acne and dandruff (and many other problems) usually clear up very quickly. It was acne and dandruff that led me into studying the steroids and thyroid, and in the process I found that they were related to constipation and food sensitivity." -Ray Peat e-mail exchange

In case others have the same question OP had...

Dr. Lonsdale, one of the pioneers in use of high dose B1, typically recommends that people supplementing a lot of B1 also supplement magnesium and take a B vitamin complex and a multi-vitamin. (You can read Lonsdale's essays on B1 at hormonesmatter.com.) To avoid undesirable ingredients in the multi-vitamin, I'd suggest replacing it with plenty of Peaty, nutritious foods like milk, fruit, beef liver, shellfish, etc. IdeaLabs makes a great B complex (Energin).

I've also read (and learned from experience) that if you want to supplement large doses of B1, it's important to get lots of potassium from your diet.

Edit to add: While B1 has helped me enormously, I suspect high doses of any vitamin can cause problems or imbalances in the wrong context. And high doses can exacerbate any harm caused by impurities in the supplement. So start with low doses and proceed with caution.

Last edited:
OP
C

Coderr

".....vitamin A and estrogen are antagonistic, and while estrogen promotes keratinization (shedding of skin cells), vitamin A opposes it. Since vitamin A is highly unsaturated, in excess it suppresses the thyroid, so it has to be balanced with the thyroid; the combination is effective for increasing progesterone and decreasing estrogen, slowing the turnover of skin cells, and making the skin cells function longer before flaking off. Plugged pores, combined with a local shift toward synthesizing inflammatory substances, foster bacterial infection. Bright light stimulates the production of steroids, and consumes vitamin A very quickly, but when the balance is right, the acne clears up in just a day or two. Cream, butter, eggs, and liver are good sources of vitamin A. When people supplement thyroid and eat liver once or twice a week, their acne and dandruff (and many other problems) usually clear up very quickly. It was acne and dandruff that led me into studying the steroids and thyroid, and in the process I found that they were related to constipation and food sensitivity." -Ray Peat e-mail exchange
Thanks. Now I understand why my veal liver is good for my skin

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals