Meet The Triple Bond PUFA

151508.png

https://www.caymanchem.com/product/90120

Who wanna try :ss2

DaveFoster

Eicosatetraynoic acid (ETYA), a non-metabolizable analogue of arachidonic acid, blocks the fast-inactivating potassium current of rat pituitary mel... - PubMed - NCBI

The effects of arachidonic acid (5,8,11,14-eicosatetraenoic acid, AA) and 5,8,11,14-eicosatetraynoic acid (ETYA), a non-metabolizable analogue of AA, were examined on the transient [I(K)(f)] and the delayed rectifier-like [I(K)(S)] voltage-gated potassium currents in rat pituitary melanotrophs. The main questions addressed were whether AA and ETYA blocked I(K)(f) and if any blocking action was specific. Macroscopic currents were measured using the patch clamp technique. Bath application of 20 microM AA reduced I(K)(f), however, the degree of the block varied between cells. In contrast, ETYA consistently inhibited I(K)(f). Fitting of the charge transfer or the peak current amplitude yielded KD estimates for ETYA of 1.2 microM and 3.3 microM, respectively. The reduction by ETYA of peak I(K)(f) was always associated with an increased rate of current decay, but there was no detectable change of the kinetics of activation. ETYA caused a small left shift of the I(K)(f) steady-state inactivation curve and significantly slowed recovery from inactivation. At 20 microM, ETYA also reduced I(K)(s), indicating that it is not specific. The possibility that ETYA acts as an open-channel blocker is discussed

OP
S
Can this be used to deplete my double bond pufas?
It seems that it is so exotic that it can block the inflammation enzymes but it is also inflammatory itself or its breakdown products are inflammatory in themselves. Could be interesting info in regards to the mechanism of the limited omega-3 benefits @haidut

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals