Meduna's Mixture

Sstrelac

Hello.

I wnated to ask is there anyone here to know how to make this mixture? Something similar to carbogen generator. I search on the internet but there is nothing.
I tried buteyko method, but its hard for me to reduce breathing.

Thnaks.

Inaut

“Meduna discovered [sic] that inhaling a mixture of 70\% oxygen and 30\% carbon dioxide provided an experience of an altered state of consciousness, often accompanied by substantial abreaction. With proper preparation and administration, he found that clients could be helped considerably to become free of their neuroses.

"Inhaling a sufficient number of breaths of this mixture has the effect of dissolving the resistances holding down repressed feelings, permitting their expression. There is usually a rapid succession of imagery, and the discharge of feelings is often accompanied by a considerable amount of insight. In our Foundation work with clients, we found that several treatments with this mixture was an excellent procedure to introduce novices to altered states of consciousness. Many discovered unconscious contents of their mind for the first time. The procedure also cleared away a good deal of repressed material, thus freeing the subject for a smoother, more profound psychedelic experience."

References
Stolaroff MJ. Thanatos to Eros: 35 Years of Psychedelic Exploration. Thaneros Press. 1994.

Erowid Carbogen Vault : Timeline

MeatOrchid

Here is Meduna's book.

He preferred 30-70 co2-o2 mixture.

Attachments

• Meduna, Ladislas Joseph - Carbon dioxide therapy_ A neurophysiological treatment of nervous di...pdf
    11.7 MB · Views: 32

MeatOrchid

“Meduna discovered [sic] that inhaling a mixture of 70\% oxygen and 30\% carbon dioxide provided an experience of an altered state of consciousness, often accompanied by substantial abreaction. With proper preparation and administration, he found that clients could be helped considerably to become free of their neuroses.

"Inhaling a sufficient number of breaths of this mixture has the effect of dissolving the resistances holding down repressed feelings, permitting their expression. There is usually a rapid succession of imagery, and the discharge of feelings is often accompanied by a considerable amount of insight. In our Foundation work with clients, we found that several treatments with this mixture was an excellent procedure to introduce novices to altered states of consciousness. Many discovered unconscious contents of their mind for the first time. The procedure also cleared away a good deal of repressed material, thus freeing the subject for a smoother, more profound psychedelic experience."

References
Stolaroff MJ. Thanatos to Eros: 35 Years of Psychedelic Exploration. Thaneros Press. 1994.

Erowid Carbogen Vault : Timeline

COULD IT BE THAT THEY ARE ELIMINATING DEEP SEROTONIN? THE PROCESS IS VERY SLOW, MANY WEEKS, MONTHS EVEN. WHAT DO YOU THINK?

miquelangeles

From Encyclopedia of Mind Enhancing Foods, Drugs and Nutritional Substances, 2d edition:

Carbogen

AKA: Meduna’s Mixture.
Effects: According to Russ Kick in The Disinformation Book of Lists:

“When you inhale the mixture of oxygen (70 percent) and carbon dioxide (30 percent), your brain thinks that you’re dying of suffocation, although you’re actually getting enough oxygen to function normally. In the Seventh Day Adventist magazine Signs of the Times (of all places), Dr. Jack Provonsha writes: ‘subjects on carbon dioxide report separation of the self from the body. And as with the [psychedelic] drugs and NDEs [near death experiences], there were reports of caves, tunnels, intensely bright lights, visions of other persons, luminaries, reliving of the past, and ‘spiritual’ experiences.’ He then reprints the experience of a carbogen user as first relayed in Dr. L. J. Meduna’s pioneering work on the subject, Carbon Dioxide Therapy (1950): “‘I felt myself being separated; my soul, drawing apart from the physical being, was drawn … seemingly to leave the earth and to go upward where it reached a greater Spirit with whom there was a communion, producing a remarkable new relaxation and deep security… . I felt the Greater Spirit even smiling indulgently upon me in my vain little efforts to carry on by myself, and I pressed close [to] the warmth and tender strength and felt assurance of enough power to overcome whatever lay ahead for me.’

“Psychonaut Myron Stolaroff took carbogen once a week for two years under a doctor’s supervision. ‘I always approached the experience with enormous anxiety,’ he wrote, ‘but got considerable relief when I explosively discharged repressed material. I would then feel great for a few days, but then relapse back to my previous condition.’ “During the same time that LSD was being introduced into psychotherapy, carbogen was also used. Stolaroff says that around 200 therapists employed the procedure, and they even formed a short-lived professional organization.”

Precautions: Adverse physical and psychological reactions can occur. Experiments should only be conducted under the supervision of an experienced medical professional. (See also entry for Carbon Dioxide)

Dosage: 70 percent carbon dioxide, 30 percent oxygen.