Medicinal uses of L-Lysine

Makrosky

Since L-Lysine started to get attention in this forum for its anti serotonin properties, I decided to trial it in the next days. I was looking for some quality info to support the decision and found an excellent paper from 2011 briefing its medicinal uses, safety profile and it also contains references to other studies.

Link to the pdf : https://pharmascope.org/ijrps/index.php ... wnload/209

montmorency

Makrosky said:
post 99799 Since L-Lysine started to get attention in this forum for its anti serotonin properties, I decided to trial it in the next days. I was looking for some quality info to support the decision and found an excellent paper from 2011 briefing its medicinal uses, safety profile and it also contains references to other studies.

Link to the pdf : https://pharmascope.org/ijrps/index.php ... wnload/209

See also my posting on the Pauling Therapy for Cardiovascular Disease (in the non-Peat section).
(= basically high dose l-ascorbic acid + l-lysine + l-proline + vitamin D3 + vitamins K1/K2 ).

Last edited by a moderator:

johnwester130

Pauling got one thing wrong - fish oil. (and a few other bad supplements)

And Pauling loved to megadose things, so he was likely taking 10 grams of fish oil a day.

Giraffe

johnwester130 said:
post 105125 Pauling got one thing wrong - fish oil. (and a few other bad supplements)

And Pauling loved to megadose things, so he was likely taking 10 grams of fish oil a day.
If 10 g fish oil have laxative effect, they might serve their purpose as cancer treatment. :ss

Last edited by a moderator:

Nicholas

i like lysine. i'm trying very very low dose experiment, too (on 4th day) of around 250mg/day (as supplement) to see if it has any effect on broken cappilaries i'm developing on face. The first two days i tried it, i noticed that i absorbed time much slower....like i wasn't lethargic or lazy, but i just took my time a lot more....i lost that in-a-hurry multi-tasking feeling. so far it has definitely made my skin feel healthier. i do also think that it allowed me to eat things this past weekend that would normally bother me (like salsa). 250mg/day for a defined time period seems harmless enough, though maybe not potent enough to see dramatic results. i'd rather not eat salsa than potentially bring on issues from taking too much lysine for too long. : )

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals