Medical Nemesis, Techno-fetishism, And Black Magic In Medicine

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

The last 35 seconds are the best, I think

She gave me an A in her class even though I refused to read Ellul

lol why'd u refuse to read ellul? i've been rereading kazcynski's manifesto and thinking about how his views on technology actually mirror accelerationists and mcluhan... the difference is that he wanted to try and ward off that technology that was developing autonomously

i find ted interesting even tho i'm not very enamored of primitivism as someone who would presumably not deal well with the collapse of industrial civ

i feel like the critique of industrial civ can be separated from the program he proposes

but yeah he said he got everything from ellul, was humble about it, but also that he got people's attention--more people have heard of ted and read those ideas b/c of his terrorism

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

but yeah he said he got everything from ellul, was humble about it, but also that he got people's attention--more people have heard of ted and read those ideas b/c of his terrorism
I’m pretty sure TK was prime MKultra fodder. The manuscript reads like it was written by multiple people. No doubt he was brilliant, but I’m almost certain he was used to carry out the violent attacks and usher in a mistrust of anyone espousing the horrors and realities of techno fascism. Now we have the association of the unabomber (unibrow bombers, Islam) and resistance against technology deeply embedded in the collective minds of Americans.

I don't know, ted has said that the experiments murray did weren't that extreme, although slightly humiliating. The documentary "das netz" on youtube is really good for exploring ted in the context of mathematics , early cybernetics, and gestalt psychology

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

I don't know, ted has said that the experiments murray did weren't that extreme, although slightly humiliating. The documentary "das netz" on youtube is really good for exploring ted in the context of mathematics , early cybernetics, and gestalt psychology
I’ll check it out, thank you

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

Unabomber | Newseum

I find it very odd that they moved his cabin to a museum. Almost like some ritual.

yes, yes, yes. that is some weird techno fascist magic. I'm writing a piece that's kind of on hold because of how sick i am, about the unabomber in the context of hauntology

if you are interested in collaborating on it

i write slow because of this, but i think that should be included

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

yes, yes, yes. that is some weird techno fascist magic. I'm writing a piece that's kind of on hold because of how sick i am, about the unabomber in the context of hauntology

if you are interested in collaborating on it

i write slow because of this, but i think that should be included
Yes I would like to collaborate on that.

goodandevil

I’m pretty sure TK was prime MKultra fodder. The manuscript reads like it was written by multiple people. No doubt he was brilliant, but I’m almost certain he was used to carry out the violent attacks and usher in a mistrust of anyone espousing the horrors and realities of techno fascism. Now we have the association of the unabomber (unibrow bombers, Islam) and resistance against technology deeply embedded in the collective minds of Americans.
Agreed. Debord would say that terrorism is always counter-revolutionary, though i cant help but feel an affinity for kazynscki, but one can only say that he took out the wrong people, and i think he was a product of mk-uktra or whatever program, and it's interesting what you say, especially before this explosion of constant surveillance. I heard he knew o'leary at harvard, maybe o'leary was his handler.

Ray also read debord, i asked him about society of the spectacle and he said he was considering using it in an upcoming newsletter

Agreed. Debord would say that terrorism is always counter-revolutionary, though i cant help but feel an affinity for kazynscki, but one can only say that he took out the wrong people, and i think he was a product of mk-uktra or whatever program, and it's interesting what you say, especially before this explosion of constant surveillance. I heard he knew o'leary at harvard, maybe o'leary was his handler.

Ray also read debord, i asked him about society of the spectacle and he said he was considering using it in an upcoming newsletter

love debord but he was kind of a voyeur when u really think about it

SOTS is probably one of the only marxist books i've read in full tbh... besides very contemporary stuff. it is incredibly poetic

cool that ray's into debord... I would love to chat with him about spectacle and techno-mystic ontology or w/e and how it relates to medicine

goodandevil

Unabomber | Newseum

I find it very odd that they moved his cabin to a museum. Almost like some ritual.
I think it's on an air force base now, i saw a photo of it recently on an air force base tho i dont know w
love debord but he was kind of a voyeur when u really think about it

SOTS is probably one of the only marxist books i've read in full tbh... besides very contemporary stuff. it is incredibly poetic

cool that ray's into debord... I would love to chat with him about spectacle and techno-mystic ontology or w/e and how it relates to medicine
I can give you his email, i think he likes to chat about that kijd of thing. Do you mean voyeur in the sense of detachment? I suspect debord was a foundation for the more militant "left wing" groups, like students for a democratic society, although i know debord would take offense to that, and justifiably so. My onoy dissgreement with debord is that i think there's a definite "them" versus whatever innate human concept of power, but then again this mass psychosis does seem to he a human property, and i can definitely see why debord is compatible with ray's physiological/organismal philosophy. In a way, ray is the greatest ... philosopher or observer of them all, because of his emphasis on the stress response in society. It's good to he reminded of that sometimes because i get bogged down in the system pretty often.

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

Fascinistas!

The stiff-backed models wearing Gucci’s eclectic clothes walked around two surgical tables, complete with overhead examination lights, as if in a hospital.

“Our job [as creatives] is a surgical job: cutting and assembling and experimenting on the operating table,” Michele told reporters after the show, according to Reuters.

But the heads are what really caught people’s attention, particularly after the photos found their way online, where they were curated into a Twitter Moment.

“Gucci swapped out handbags for … fake human heads!” tweeted Fashionista editor in chief Alyssa Vingan Klein.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...way-with-replica-severed-heads-of-themselves/

I think it's on an air force base now, i saw a photo of it recently on an air force base tho i dont know w

I can give you his email, i think he likes to chat about that kijd of thing. Do you mean voyeur in the sense of detachment? I suspect debord was a foundation for the more militant "left wing" groups, like students for a democratic society, although i know debord would take offense to that, and justifiably so. My onoy dissgreement with debord is that i think there's a definite "them" versus whatever innate human concept of power, but then again this mass psychosis does seem to he a human property, and i can definitely see why debord is compatible with ray's physiological/organismal philosophy. In a way, ray is the greatest ... philosopher or observer of them all, because of his emphasis on the stress response in society. It's good to he reminded of that sometimes because i get bogged down in the system pretty often.
I have ray's email, i just never considered asking him about political stuff. I already bother him a lot with practical questions. I did send him a poem once, that was sort of inspired by his work

as far as debord being a voyeur... its hard to explain what I mean. I guess even tho I've never read hegel I'm skeptical of hegelianism--of grand, unifying theories. And the spectacle is a grand, unifying theory--it's not just some media theory stuff like mcluhan about how media changes us, it's a totalizing theory. Like "the spectacle is not a collection of images, it is a social relation mediated by images". So when you have a grand theory that has a kind of hegelian telos about how everything is part of the Spectacle--even though in some ways it seems incredibly correct, it also seems to lead to giving up and becoming sort of a voyeur. Debord was an extreme alcoholic--almost admirable he could write that well while being that drunk constantly--he claimed to have been drunk his whole adult life, literally... eventually got gout and killed himself because his physical reality was unbearable. While the situationists did have some contributions, like partially stirring up may 68 revolt, it could be argued that that was a spectacle of revolt, and that

I'm glad I read society of the spectacle. I don't know, it's still written very beautifully, I got a lot out of it. And Situationism should be seen as an incredibly radical and romantic moment. I guess sometimes I doubt the efficacy of the theory, since the SI only had a brief moment in time of existence.

In debord's defense, though, something he said that reminds me of religious orthodoxy or iconoclastic purity in the best sense (I really admire orthodoxy tbh)--he responded to criticisms of being a "Stalinist" for kicking out people from the SI that didn't share his views (a pretty ridiculous claim when you think about how the SI valorized council communism and criticized Stalin and even criticized Lukacs for not criticizing Stalin and called Stalinism a form of Spectacle): He said something like "We are just one small group who deviates from the dominant viewpoint... we just want to keep one piece of ideological space for ourselves that isn't aligned with the dominant ideology" I'm paraphrasing horribly but the gist is that it's sometimes seen as authoritarian to adhere to an ideological purity, even when that group is just a small group that doesn't evangelize or something.

So I guess I don't know, about the SI. I don't want to write them off at all. I also don't want to romanticize them, I more want to understand them, and it's hard. I think that there's modern scholarship which seeks to deradicalize them, which is bad--like mackenzie wark's book

the part of society of the spectacle that I find most interesting, really really good stuff, is the part that has a historical-materialist theory of the development of time...

it's so good, and there is something really inspiring about the idea that a revolution is not just to take back your piece of the material pie, it's also to take back the time that was stolen from you. That's a lot more poetic and rousing than just universal basic income, or whatever.

A communist I knew on twitter, who blogs about this stuff, always said "communism is free time and nothing else". I like to think ray would agree with this view. He is utopian in the sense that he wants to get rid of aging, etc... and provide the best possible environment for the organism...

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

the part of society of the spectacle that I find most interesting, really really good stuff, is the part that has a historical-materialist theory of the development of time...

it's so good, and there is something really inspiring about the idea that a revolution is not just to take back your piece of the material pie, it's also to take back the time that was stolen from you. That's a lot more poetic and rousing than just universal basic income, or whatever.

A communist I knew on twitter, who blogs about this stuff, always said "communism is free time and nothing else". I like to think ray would agree with this view. He is utopian in the sense that he wants to get rid of aging, etc... and provide the best possible environment for the organism...
That’s interesting. I think it’s an old concept even, the reversal of time and rejuvenation processes

OP
LUH 3417

LUH 3417

What do you think about John Nash?

EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals