• @Blossom Is A Blessing To This Community, Let Us Be A Blessing To Her
    Click Here For More Information
  • Due to excessive bot signups along with nefarious actors we are limiting forum registration. Keep checking back for the register link to appear. Please do not send emails or have someone post to the forum asking for a signup link. Until the current climate changes we do not see a change of this policy. To join the forum you must have a compelling reason. Letting us know what skills/knowledge you will bring to the community along with the intent of your stay here will help in getting you approved.

Medical Establishment Way Ahead Of Peat

Doc Sandoz

Frying some corn tortillas yesterday, I used tallow for the first time. Reminded me of fast food joints in the old days, being almost intoxicated by the aroma waiting for the order, anticipating a meal that was was alluring and tasty. Today's PUFA foods are not only unhealthy by comparison, they smell and taste different - artificial? McD's french fries now - if you're foolish enough to eat them - have a window of about three minutes between being too hot and before cooling to the point of disgust.

Seems to me the food/pharma/medical "conspiracy " is merely another aspect of the relentless logic of capitalism impersonally grinding away. No person or group of people has to plan and/or manipulate the societal outcome. That is simply the result of an ever-more single-minded drive for profit operating on innumerable micro-levels.

Geronimo

Frying some corn tortillas yesterday, I used tallow for the first time. Reminded me of fast food joints in the old days, being almost intoxicated by the aroma waiting for the order, anticipating a meal that was was alluring and tasty. Today's PUFA foods are not only unhealthy by comparison, they smell and taste different - artificial? McD's french fries now - if you're foolish enough to eat them - have a window of about three minutes between being too hot and before cooling to the point of disgust.

Seems to me the food/pharma/medical "conspiracy " is merely another aspect of the relentless logic of capitalism impersonally grinding away. No person or group of people has to plan and/or manipulate the societal outcome. That is simply the result of an ever-more single-minded drive for profit operating on innumerable micro-levels.

Yeah I agree, but both theories exist in tandem while holding each other's hand and skipping to the finish line. Unchecked capitalist greed got us to where we are now. The black-hole that is greed is inherently fine, if we do what it takes to make sure the light of truth isn't something it devours. Humanity has failed at that. But, in practicality, that's like saying "I'm going wish this square peg into that round hole". If we could just separate politics and education from the corporate sector with ridiculous, tedious and overbearing legislature then we'd be ok. I do, in fact, believe we are the first group to ever discuss these matters...

snacks

Rostov-on-Don, Russia/Southern United States
Yeah I agree, but both theories exist in tandem while holding each other's hand and skipping to the finish line. Unchecked capitalist greed got us to where we are now. The black-hole that is greed is inherently fine, if we do what it takes to make sure the light of truth isn't something it devours. Humanity has failed at that. But, in practicality, that's like saying "I'm going wish this square peg into that round hole". If we could just separate politics and education from the corporate sector with ridiculous, tedious and overbearing legislature then we'd be ok. I do, in fact, believe we are the first group to ever discuss these matters...

"Desires fulfilled increase thirst like salt water." The more greed accomplishes the more it wants. Greed is not inherently fine, it's inherently voracious and dangerous and only accomplishes good incidentally by mistake. Either way you can't explain the behavior of the medical industry or corporations more generally through greed alone. Personal malice HAS to enter the equation somewhere or part of their behavior is unexplainable. It's very uncomfortable to realize that the "elite" is actually malicious rather than incompetent though

JudiBlueHen

"Desires fulfilled increase thirst like salt water." The more greed accomplishes the more it wants. Greed is not inherently fine, it's inherently voracious and dangerous and only accomplishes good incidentally by mistake. Either way you can't explain the behavior of the medical industry or corporations more generally through greed alone. Personal malice HAS to enter the equation somewhere or part of their behavior is unexplainable. It's very uncomfortable to realize that the "elite" is actually malicious rather than incompetent though
+1