Meat Tooth or Sweet Tooth?

Samya

I've noticed quite a few times in the past but again recently how If I eat enough carbs that I lose the taste for meat, particularly the taste of fatty meat can be very off putting and meat in general seems quite gross. When I ate low carb the reverse was true - I lost the taste for anything sweet and could eat a lot of meat easily. I've come to call this phenomena 'meat tooth or sweet tooth'.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's noticed this but felt to mention it and see what others have found. I noticed in my sister's children the one that rejects meat is drawn more towards carbs (sweets and beige foods) and the one that enjoys meat doesn't have as much of a sweet tooth.

I'm curious whether the taste for meat ever completely goes? An example could be during a Summer BBQ, does the smell become off putting rather than saliva inducing? I'm currently eating pescetarian as I did for many years pre 'paleo' but if I can gravitate towards a diet with a balance of minimal suffering to animals and myself then all the better. :)

Jennifer

I'm curious whether the taste for meat ever completely goes? An example could be during a Summer BBQ, does the smell become off putting rather than saliva inducing? I'm currently eating pescetarian as I did for many years pre 'paleo' but if I can gravitate towards a diet with a balance of minimal suffering to animals and myself then all the better. :)
It did for me, especially after having followed a fruitarian diet for years—the diet only heightened my sense of taste and smell—but I always found meat and animal fat in general off-putting so my experience may be unique. The only meat that doesn’t make me gag on some level are scallops and crab. Thankfully, I’m tolerating dairy again so I no longer have to rely on meat for protein, but even then I still have to be conscious of having it on a daily basis or else I’d be eating nothing but fruit and honey.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals