Meat+OJ+Fasting——I Challenge Anyone Not Feeling Optimal On This

Methionine is the real issue with high meat diets. Low methionine extends life.

And this is very low in calcium, and high in phosphorus. The fasting increases cortisol and causes loss of lean mass.

It is not in line with Dr. Peat at all. I totally disagree. He has never advocated people eating meat primarily and fasting.

And this is very low in calcium, and high in phosphorus. The fasting increases cortisol and causes loss of lean mass.

It is not in line with Dr. Peat at all. I totally disagree. He has never advocated people eating meat primarily and fasting.
But milk has pretty much the same amount of methionine as meat. Cottage cheese has even more methionine.

milk is also increasing potently IGF1 signaling,is otherwise hormonal active,

boris

Milk also has progesterone and small quantities of thyroid. Maybe the benefits make up for potential downsides.

ExCarniv

In rats.

YamnayaMommy

Fasting is very harmful in my opinion and in Dr. Peat’s interviews he repeatedly discusses this and explains why. There are already enough threads about it. Anyone suggesting intermittent fasting is basically responding to the latest fads. Yes it feels good for awhile but meanwhile it breaks down your organs and increases insulin resistance and destroys delicate cells.
someone should let David Sinclair, longevity researcher, NMN junkie and intermittent faster, know this.

YamnayaMommy

I researched in a database the amount of tryptophan in ground meat and in milk. Milk has 6 times( !) the amount of tryptophan as ground beef, and chicken breast has about 2 times as much as milk. The casein protein may help with not absorbing the tryptophan, but then wouldn't it become food for bacteria in the large intestine?

Milk has similar methionine content to ground meat and chicken breast, but has less cystine( about half as much).

I also recall reading that vitamin C only enhances non- heme iron absorption( the iron in meat is heme iron). Taking some calcium with it can help if you're concerned with iron overload.

If you wanna fast, then ingesting at least some minerals with your water during the fast will help to avoid tissue breakdown. Potassium, sodium and magnesium would be the main ones, I think.

I think taking antibiotics can be helpful if you bloat up very easily.

I drink gerolsteiner when I fast (from noon to 7am next morning). It has a lot of calcium and sodium. It feels fantastic, and I never feel hypoglycemic or low energy. Or hungry.

Does anyone know how certain it is that your body, during a fast, would turn to fat free mass for energy rather than fat? I’ve lost almost all the fat deposits accumulated during pregnancy through intermittent fasting. Maybe ive lost bone and muscle and just don’t realize it. Doesn’t make sense to me, though, why body would go for fat free mass when there’s excess fat on the body.

gaze

pretty sure peat doesn’t even eat meat when he’s in america due to it not being fresh like in mexico.

boris

I drink gerolsteiner when I fast (from noon to 7am next morning). It has a lot of calcium and sodium. It feels fantastic, and I never feel hypoglycemic or low energy. Or hungry.

Does anyone know how certain it is that your body, during a fast, would turn to fat free mass for energy rather than fat? I’ve lost almost all the fat deposits accumulated during pregnancy through intermittent fasting. Maybe ive lost bone and muscle and just don’t realize it. Doesn’t make sense to me, though, why body would go for fat free mass when there’s excess fat on the body.

My understanding: Lipolysis is activated by adrenalin and cortisol. You may burn some fat, but cortisol will break down lean mass to produce glucose.

OP
Viiiiyu

Viiiiyu

I researched in a database the amount of tryptophan in ground meat and in milk. Milk has 6 times( !) the amount of tryptophan as ground beef, and chicken breast has about 2 times as much as milk. The casein protein may help with not absorbing the tryptophan, but then wouldn't it become food for bacteria in the large intestine?

Milk has similar methionine content to ground meat and chicken breast, but has less cystine( about half as much).

I also recall reading that vitamin C only enhances non- heme iron absorption( the iron in meat is heme iron). Taking some calcium with it can help if you're concerned with iron overload.

If you wanna fast, then ingesting at least some minerals with your water during the fast will help to avoid tissue breakdown. Potassium, sodium and magnesium would be the main ones, I think.

I think taking antibiotics can be helpful if you bloat up very easily.
My water intake is very low,I only drink it when in need not to stuff tummy,I also urinate very little.Pure water is just the best for thirst-quenching.I think the idea of mineral is to make water more like food if one is drinking water alot and peeing out electrolytes.
I dont intentionally fast I would break it whenever I want.It just comes natural that I wont be hungry for 18-20hrs.(and not having to have food on mind every some hrs feels nice)
My bloating issue is kind of wierd,its not exactly bloating becuz I dont have any fiber or starch,and its not gas,its more like water stashing all over the body.I resolved by consuming a lot of animal fat and never consuming sugar alone

LLight

Not drinking too much should increase oxytocin and reduce cortisol. Oxytocin should increase lipolysis.

to

..to smartly decrease need for energyproduction @ the same time.and for sugar preference.
you should in my opinion fast by eating a small steak and a ripe Banana.thats low enough and stimulates Fatloss.

Yeah,and fasting is starvation.It uses up micronutrients,you wont get back,only through
(clean..) overeating.For possible immunologic Reset,you can starve oneself for 24-48h at
maxemum,once a month imo.

sometimes rice also.I do supplement with Vitamin C,E,a general Multi, etcetc.
i do think that supplementation outweighs the negatives attached to it.

boris

Why not liver and oyster instead of general multi? You say OJ and milk is junkfood, but most over the counter vitamins are known to be dirty/contaminated.

Why not liver and oyster instead of general multi? You say OJ and milk is junkfood, but most over the counter vitamins are known to be dirty/contaminated.

True.i would recommend liver and oysters as Element and Retinol source.i have a distaste for it,because and only of taste though.And i do consume Gelatine.

Last edited:
EMF Mitigation - Flush Niacin - Big 5 Minerals